On Saturday, American girl Meghan Markle married Prince Harry of England became the Duchess of Sussex. And now, it’s safe to say life as she knows it has officially ceased to exist. From galas, balls, public engagements, teas and meetings with Queen Elizabeth II, Meghan is now living a life of royal duties.
While many may see tiaras, gowns, and castles when they look at Meghan, the realities of living as a royal and essentially a life of service to the British monarchy involves a very ordered and highly scrutinized existence, filled with a seemingly endless amount of arbitrary etiquette that should not be crossed.
Meghan will need to adhere to a slew of royal rules to avoid major no-nos or faux pas in order to stay in society and the Queen’s good graces.
1. No Selfies: During her first official event with Prince Harry, Meghan revealed that she would no longer be able to take selfies with fans after a couple asked her to pose.”We’re not allowed to do selfies,” she told the duo, reports the Daily Mirror.
2. No Autographs: She may have some Suits superfans in her past, but these days the new royal isn’t allowed to sign autographs under any circumstances.
3. No Social Media: Meghan’s not allowed to have her own social media page, which is why her own lifestyle blog and Instagram, The Tig, went dark last year.
4. No Dark Nails: According to sources at OK! magazine, Royal Family members are prohibited from wearing dark and colored nail polish. Meghan wore the Queen’s favorite color, Essie’s Ballet Slippers, to the Royal Wedding.
5. No Traveling Without Mourning Clothes: Ever since King George died while the then-Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip were in Africa and had to travel back to England in regular clothes, it is imperative that all royals always travel with a set of funeral clothes in order to be respectful.
6. Curtsy Time: The queen expects female family members, including Kate Middleton and Camilla Parker Bowles, to curtsy when they enter a room in her presence, even when it’s an informal occasion, which means Meghan better get used to the curtsy. If she is at an official event, Meghan must also curtsy to anyone who outranks her title.
7. No Miniskirts: The queen disapproves of hemlines higher than an inch or two above the knee. Regular female visitors such as Kate, Camilla, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are already aware of the fashion stipulation. If Meghan hasn’t already ditched her little black dresses or her minis, time to throw them out!
8. None of that Crossed-Legged Business: It’s frowned upon for Royal Family members to cross their legs, according to an expert for Hello! You’ll never see Kate Middleton crossing her legs anywhere other than at her angles. Kate often does a side-by-side move known as “the Duchess Slant,” which Princess Diana utilized. Meghan better be working on her Duchess of Sussex slant!
9. No Wedges: The Queen apparently DESPISES wedge shoes, says Vanity Fair. So get rid of ’em, girl!
10. Mealtime Is at 8:30: If dining the queen, Meghan should be prepared to always eat at 8:30 and dinner will be over by 10. The Queen is known for strictly adhering to her royal schedule.
11. No Open Seating: At a Royal Family gathering, Meghan will always be sat next to Prince Harry.
12. No Room Raiding: There is a strict code of conduct for how to enter a room when you are with the Royals. Here’s the royal order: Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camila, Prince William, Kate Middleton, and then most likely, Prince Harry and Markle, according to Reader’s Digest.
13. Don’t Eat Before the Queen or After the Queen: Markle should not begin eating her meal until the Queen has started hers, StyleCaster reports. The former Suitsstar also needs to keep her eyes peeled—for when the Queen stops eating, everyone must stop eating, even if there is still food.
14. No Sleeping ‘Til the Queen Sleeps: If Markle stays at the Queen’s house, she’s gotta stay up until QE2 falls asleep, so says the Daily Beast. Apparently, it’s considered bad form to call it a night before the monarch.
15. Do Not Pass Go: Monopoly is not allowed. According to Reader’s Digest, in 2008, the Leeds Building Society gave the Duke of York Prince Andrew the game of Monopoly to which he responded, “We’re not allowed to play Monopoly at home. It gets too vicious.”
16. No Pinkies Out: Tea time is an important time for royals. Etiquette expert Myka Meier told People that the correct way to drink tea is to use your thumb and index finger to hold the top of the handle, while the middle finger supports the bottom. You should also sip from the same spot the entire time so that the rim doesn’t get lipstick stains. If you are a coffee drinker, you should loop your index finger through the handle. But beware—no pinkies out. Even the royals draw the line somewhere.
17. No Shellfish For You: It’s an ancient royal tradition to say no to shellfish in order to avoid food poisoning. While the royal family doesn’t always adhere to that rule, Queen Elizabeth still does.
BBC Endorses DJ Switch; Calls Her A Superstar
Ghana is on the move as the world’s number one News broadcaster has endorsed Ghana’s youngest Disc Jockey DJ Switch.
DJ Switch who won Ghana’s TV3 Talented Kids in 2017 has been appreciated by BBC
BBC tweeted; Can you believe DJ Switch only started DJ-ing about a year ago? Check out this Ghanaian superstar in action.
See tweet below!!!
Can you believe DJ Switch only started DJ-ing about a year ago? Check out this Ghanaian superstar in action. pic.twitter.com/hSAk0xA6EX
— BBC News Africa (@BBCAfrica) June 22, 2018
Ghanaian Actors Are Broke : Ella Mensah
Actress Ella Mensah has called all Ghanaian actors broke.
The actress made this assertion on the Wednesday edition of Zylofon 102.1 FM’s Showbiz Agenda.
The Nollywood star pointed out that, Nigerian actors and actresses are making it big as compared to Ghanaians.
Ella further stressed that, the Ghanaian movie industry inhibits ambition.
“Unlike Ghana, the Nigerian movie industry made me ambitious. I see my colleagues with multiple properties and it encourages me to do same”, she said.
She referred to most Ghanaian movie stars “Slay Queens”, saying, “All they know how to do is look all “glammed” up and post pictures on social media, instead of focusing on their acting career.
Having lived most of her acting years in the Nigeria, Ella Mensah called on Ghanaian producers and directed to emulate the Nigerians so Ghallywood can soar higher.
Kuami Eugene and Patapaa to Settle Beef on Football Field
A beef has surfaced within the last 24 hours between “One Corner” hitmaker Patapaa and the Fadama Rockstar, Kuami Eugene.
The beef was triggered by comments made by the Lynx artiste regarding the Patapaa’s music. In an interview on GhOne, Eugene revealed he had been ignoring requests from the Swedru musician to collaborate on a song. He criticised the One Corner innovator saying, “Patapaa’s kind of songs are not me, he makes too much noise”.
This evaluation did not sit well with the Patapaa. To show his disapproval and to affront his contempt, he has released a diss song directed at the “Angela singer”.
The winner of this beef will be determined this Saturday, during the Zylofon Celeb Gala. Patapaa and Kuami Eugene are slated to battle at the Gala. The Gala will be held at the Lizzy Sports Complex, East Legon.
Other celebrities competing in the gala are Shatta Wale, Sarkodie, Samini, Patapaa, Kuame Eugene, Wisa Greid, Sammy Flex, Kumi Guitar, Blakk Rasta, Asamoah Gyan, Klala, Jupitar, Baba Spirit, Dada Halfco, Dabo and CEO of Zylofon Group Nana Mensah Appiah.
Like Facebook Page
Sparkling New Music (Recommended)
New Music!! (Recommended)
New Music!!! (Recommended)
New Music (Recommended)
New Music! (Recommended)
New Music! (Recommended)
Trending This Week
- Team Wisa Greid Wins The 2018 #ZylofonCelebGala June 23, 2018
- BBC Endorses DJ Switch; Calls Her A Superstar June 23, 2018
- Ghanaian Actors Are Broke : Ella Mensah June 22, 2018
- Kuami Eugene and Patapaa to Settle Beef on Football Field June 22, 2018
- Rapper Cabum Accused Of Theft June 22, 2018
Photo News1 day ago
Sista Afia Joins Shatta Wale As She Shows Us Her Butt Cheek & Tattoo | PHOTO
Media & Culture19 hours ago
BBC Endorses DJ Switch; Calls Her A Superstar
Media & Culture21 hours ago
Wendy Shay Will Be More Than Ebony Reigns : Bullet
Media & Culture2 days ago
Police Confirm Arrest Of Person Involved In The Death Of Rapper XXXTentacion
Media & Culture22 hours ago
I Was A Fan Of Ebony Reigns : Wendy Shay
Media & Culture1 day ago
Mark Okraku Mantey Joins J Jorm In Support Of Kuami Eugene Tagging Patapaa’s Music As Noisy
Watch2 days ago
Edem Feat Teephlow x Dark Suburb x JoJo Abot – Hurricane (Official Music Video)
Singles1 day ago
Listen: Blake Feat Luta – Number One (Prod by Shawers Ebiem)