Connect with us

News

Accra Mall Structurally Safe, Closure Is Needless : Manager

Published

on

Accra Mall

Marketing Manager for Accra Mall, Denise Asare, has said it will be needless to close down the facility, over Thursday’s incident that saw portions of the ceiling of the mall’s electronics hub collapse.

“I can confirm to you that Accra mall is structurally sound and closing down the entire mall is not necessary. However, as we do not understand how this has happened, a full audit of the mall will be done and we will ensure that our patrons are safe,” Ms. Asare said on Eyewitness News.

Ms. Asare said they had taken the decision based on advice from engineers of the mall.

“We go through regular maintenance and we’ve had advice from our engineers that it’s not necessary to close down the entire mall, and once we are done with investigations we will let you know.”

Ms. Asare said they are confident that the entire Mall will be operational by Saturday morning.

She said investigations are underway to establish the cause of the incident.

“We can confirm the incident and unfortunately three shoppers sustained minor injuries and are receiving medical attention. We are currently investigating the cause of the collapse. We will subsequently make the public aware of our findings.”

Three injured

The National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO), has confirmed that three persons were injured in the incident.

Speaking to Citi News, the Director of Geological Disasters at NADMO, Richard Amo Yartey, explained that, the three, all Nigerian nationals, were receiving treatment at the Mall clinic.

“Portions of the ceiling of the electronics hub collapsed. We’ve found out that three persons were injured. They are Nigerians, and are undergoing treatment at the Mall Clinic. NADMO and the Ghana Police Service have cordoned off the electronics hub, whilst investigations to find the cause of the collapse continue.”

Mr. Amo Yartey added that NADMO is conducting an assessment of the damage caused by the collapse while the area has been cordoned off.

“NADMO will conduct an independent investigation, but the owners of the premises will also have to conduct investigations to ascertain the cause. We are assessing the situation. After the assessment, we’ll hold a briefing session for the media. The whole area is cordoned off. We are restricting [people] from entering the area whilst the assessment is ongoing.”

Customers flee

There was some confusion earlier on Thursday with customers fleeing from the Accra Mall when portions of the ceiling collapsed.

According to an eyewitness, the injured persons were directly under the area that caved in.

“I came to shop inside the Mall. I saw the roof come down on a shop. There were two people inside the shop. When the roof came down, they were directly under it. Some people came around and helped the victims.

“From the way they were carried to the mall clinic, it looked like they had minor injuries.”

‘Saddened’

President Nana Akufo-Addo tweeted soon after the incident, expressing his sympathies to victims of the accident at the Accra Mall.

He also called on Ghanaians to work together to “improve maintenance culture to forestall such accidents from recurring.”

Facebook Comments

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

Advertisement

News

Survivor Who Stabbed Abass Has Already Killed 2 People : Actor’s Girlfriend Alleges

Published

on

The question of the true identity of the man who has been accused of killing the late Kumawood actor, Abass Nurudeen, is finally receiving some answers as the girlfriend of the late actor has come to make some more revelations about him.

Nana Yaa, who was the girlfriend of the late Abass in an interview has revealed that Survivor, the man who is alleged to have killed Blinkz has already killed two people. The beautiful young lady, who is a promoter, receptionist and an actress to some extent stated that the Survivor killed these two people in the Zongo they all live in.

Nana Yaa adds that he (Survivor) has always walked out of these case freely because his mom claims that they have the means of making sure that the cases will be turned foolish in the police station every time.

She further reveals that Survivor’s mom has already started boasting that this particular one which has to do with Abass Nurudeen will also follow the same pattern and will definitely not yield any positive results.

This revelation and allegation of Nana Yaa, if true, is definitely a call on the Ghana Police Service and the Judicial system to see to it that justice will at the end be served for Abass and the others Survivor has allegedly killed.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Budget 2019: Government Acquires 200 Acres For Creative Arts village

Published

on

Ken Ofori-Atta

Ghana’s film industry will receive a massive boost in 2019 after the government announced a series of measures to revamp the sector in the 2019 budget.

The measures announced by the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta on Thursday in Parliament during his reading of the 2019 Budget and Economic Policy include the passing of a Legislative Instrument to establish a Secretariat for the National Film Authority as well as the construction of an “ultra-modern Film Production Studio”.

According to the Finance Minister, the Film Production Studio is expected to attract the international film community.

He further disclosed that the government has acquired 200 acres of land to support a village for the creative arts.

He also stated that the Creative Arts Industry Bill is now in Parliament for deliberation and passage into Law.

Mr Ofori-Atta said: “Mr Speaker, the Creative Arts Industry Bill is now in Parliament for deliberation and passage into Law. The Creative Arts Fund is incorporated in the Bill to ensure the economic viability of the Creative Arts Sector in the economy.

“In addition, Government in 2019, will pursue the passing of a Legislative Instrument to establish a Secretariat for the National Film Authority” and will also facilitate the construction of an ultra-modern Film Production Studio to attract the international film community.

“Mr Speaker, the government has also identified and acquired 200 acres of land to support a village for the creative arts”.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Michelle Obama On Why She Cried For 30 Minutes After Leaving The White House

Published

on

Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama reveals she “sobbed for 30 minutes” the day she left the White House in January 2017 — but not because she was sad to go.

In a conversation with Oprah Winfrey about the former first lady’s new memoir, Becoming, Mrs. Obama, 54, shared that she broke down crying on the Air Force jet right after she and her husband departed the inauguration of President Donald Trump — an anecdote she didn’t share in her book.

“When I got on the plane I think I sobbed for 30 minutes,” she said at Tuesday night’s event kicking off her book tour, according to USA Today. “And I think it was just the release of eight years of trying to do everything perfectly. I said to Barack, ‘That was so hard. What we just did that was so hard and I’ve wanted to say that for eight years.’ “

The mother of two continued, describing the people on stage during Trump’s 2017 inauguration:

“I saw sameness, and that was the first time it struck me that this is going to be different … And then I listened to the speech and said ‘This is going to be really different.’ “

She also joked that she felt like saying, “Bye, Felicia,” after she left the event.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

ads




Like Facebook Page

Trending

Trending

Follow me on Twitter

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Trending

Trending

Trending

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Trending This Week

Latest Stories

Trending