Connect with us

News

Anthony Joshua To Earn £100m From Usyk Rematch

Published

on

Two-time heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua is set to earn a whooping £100m from his rematch with Oleksandr Usyk, a fee similar to his multi-million DAZN contract.

The showdown will take place in Saudi Arabia on August 20, 2022, with both fighters expected to receive a mega-money payday.

According to the Daily Mail, the site fee alone is understood to be around the £92m mark – almost double the figure the Sheiks forked out to hold the inaugural Saudi Arabia Grand Prix.

Joshua, who pocketed the bulk of the Sheiks’ £66m site fee to fight Andy Ruiz Jr in 2019, will command 50 percent of the figure this time around.

Despite fan outrage at the £24.95 cost to stream the September bout, around 1.2million fans still went ahead and purchased the fight. A repeat would add another £30m to the prize money pot, totalling somewhere in the region of £130m.

Due to a 50/50 split, the Brit will cash in on a minimum £65m payday. Yet this amount does not include ticket sales and sponsorship deals which, according to The Sun, could take the figure towards the £100m mark.

The British- Nigerian boxer, 32, has also penned a mouth-watering £100m deal with DAZN to stream his eagerly-awaited rematch fight in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, after leaving Sky Sports.

In September 2021, Joshua was stripped of his WBC, WBO, WBF, and IBO titles last September as Usyk defeated him at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium via unanimous decision. Joshua quickly applied his rematch clause to be able to claim his titles back.

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Mason Greenwood Has Bail Extended As Rape Investigation Continues

Published

on

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood will remain on bail over allegations he raped and assaulted a young woman following a court hearing.

The 20-year-old was arrested in January after images and videos were posted online, and he was also questioned on suspicion of making threats to kill.

His bail was due to expire in April but Greater Manchester Police made an application to the courts to extend it, with a hearing held on Thursday.

On Friday, a force spokesman said: “Following a hearing yesterday, a 20-year-old man arrested on suspicion of rape, assault and making threats to kill on Sunday, January 30 remains on bail.”

The spokesman said no further updates would be issued until the suspect was charged or released facing no further action.

Within hours of the allegations surfacing online, the striker – who has made one appearance for England – was suspended from playing or training with the Old Trafford club until further notice.

Nike suspended its sponsorship deal with Greenwood, and later terminated it, while Electronic Arts confirmed his removal from active squads on its Fifa 22 game.

Continue Reading

News

Black Stars Goalkeeper Jojo Wollacott Joins Charlton Athletic

Published

on

English League One side, Charlton Athletic FC have signed Black Stars goalkeeper, Joseph Wollacott on a three-year deal.

The 25-year old joins Charlton Athletic as a free agent after his contract expired at Swindon Town where he made 39 appearances last season and helped them to the League Two play-offs.

He becomes the club’s third signing ahead of the new season.

Wollacott has seven caps for Ghana after making his international debut last year.

Wollacott came through the ranks at Bristol City and went on loan spells outside the EFL. He then joined then League Two side Forest Green Rovers on loan in 2019/2020, making his professional debut against Charlton.

He joined Swindon Town on an emergency loan in 2021, before signing a permanent deal at the start of the 2021/2022 season.

Wollacott was voted League Two goalkeeper of the season after an outstanding 2021/2022 campaign with Swindon Town.

Continue Reading

News

Girl Found Dead In Drain With Her Hands Tied In Ablekuma

Published

on

The lifeless body of a teenage girl was found in a drain with her hands tied.

Residents of Ablekuma Manhean in the Ga West Municipality of the Greater Accra Region, Ghana, were shocked to find the body at about 6:00am on Thursday, June 23.

An eyewitness, Hawa Usman, who spoke to Citi TV, said the hands of the deceased were tied at the time she was discovered.

Girl found dead in drain with her hands tied

Hawa said: “My child was the first person to see the body. She was waiting for a friend so they can walk to school together. But upon getting to the place, she noticed the body of the lady and came home to inform me.”

The citing of the body caused a crowd to gather at the drain as locals strained to get a glimpse of the deceased.

Girl found dead in drain with her hands tied

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending