Connect with us

News

Anti-Apartheid Hero Desmond Tutu Hero Dies Aged 90

Published

on

Archbishop Desmond Tutu, the Nobel Peace Prize-winning Anglican cleric who helped end apartheid in South Africa, has died aged 90.

In a statement confirming his death on Sunday, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa expressed his condolences to Tutu’s family and friends. He described him as “a patriot without equal.”

“A man of extraordinary intellect, integrity and invincibility against the forces of apartheid, he was also tender and vulnerable in his compassion for those who had suffered oppression, injustice and violence under apartheid, and oppressed and downtrodden people around the world,” Ramaphosa said.

Tutu was one of the country’s best known figures at home and abroad. He had been in ill health for years.

In 2013, he underwent tests for a persistent infection, and he was admitted to hospital several times in following years.

He was awarded the Nobel prize in 1984 for his role in the struggle to abolish the apartheid system – the policy of racial segregation and discrimination enforced by the white minority government against the black majority in South Africa from 1948 until 1991.

Tutu’s death comes just weeks after that of South Africa’s last apartheid-era president, FW de Klerk, who died at the age of 85.

News

Milovan Rajevac To Receive In Excess Of $270,000 As Severance Package After Sack : Breakdown

Published

on

Milovan Rajevac will receive in excess of $270,000 as a severance package following the termination of his contract by the Ghana Football Association.

The GFA in a statement dated Friday, January 21, 2022, sacked the Serbian coach on the back of the shambolic performance of the Black Stars at the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

Milovan was appointed right after Coach CK Akonnor was sacked and he was tasked to qualify the Black Stars to the World Cup and to win the AFCON.

Milovan Rajevac to receive in excess of $270,000 as severance package after sack 

Milovan was placed on a monthly salary of $30,000.

Therefore, following his sack just three months into his appointment, Milovan Rajecvac has asked for his full salary for the remaining nine months to be paid to him.

That will amount to $270,000 in severance package to Milovan Rajevac.

Sports Journalist Gary al-Smith in explaining the rationale behind the decision of the FA and the Ministry to sack Milovan said the government felt it was the right decision to make as they work to restore the glory of the national team.

Milovan rejected a three-month compensation and the government accepted to pay the full $270,000 severance package after relieving Milovan Rajevac of his position as the head coach of the Black Stars.

Check Out The Video Below For More;

Continue Reading

News

Bogoso Explosion: “My Son Went To Film The Blast But Never Returned” : Bereaved Mother Cries In Video

Published

on

Many Ghanaians were left in a state of shock on Thursday after an explosion in Apeatse near Bogoso in the Western Region.

The explosion near Bogoso killed 13 people and severely injured 59 others. One of the victims was a 15-month-old baby.

According to police, the incident occurred as a result of a collision between a vehicle carrying mining explosives, a motorcycle, and another vehicle. Many residents have been displaced as a result of the blast, which leveled their homes.

Ama Adomaa, a resident, said she lost one of her six children in the horrific incident.

According to Adomaa, her 21-year-old son, Justice, went to the scene after hearing the explosion and returned to warn her.

She claimed that after fleeing to a nearby bush with her mother, her son returned to the scene to film the incident.

Justice, on the other hand, was killed when the explosives in the truck detonated.

“I was sleeping at 11 a.m. when my son, Justice, rushed in and said, ‘Mum, wake up, something serious has happened.’ I stood up right away. When I saw smoke, I assumed the fire would completely destroy our home. I took my mother with me and went into the bush.

My son had returned to the scene to film the explosion, unbeknownst to me. “My 21-year-old son is no longer alive,” she told JoyNews correspondent Ina Thalia Quansah.

Ama Adoma is one of those who have been uprooted. She stated that the family sought refuge in a nearby bush.

“The fire completely destroyed both our old and new unfinished residences.” So we slept in the bush all night until morning.”

She is one of many affected families who rely on government assistance to survive.

“We’d appreciate it if the authorities could assist us. We are in pain. “This is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence,” she said.

Meanwhile, Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has stated that plans are being made to build temporary housing facilities for all displaced residents of Bogoso-Appiatse.

He stated that the government has enlisted the assistance of the State Housing Corporation and mining companies in the area to provide an immediate safe haven for the stranded community members in the coming days.

Bogos Explosion: "My son went to film the blast but never returned" - Bereaved mother cries in video

In addition, the Vice President stated that those injured in the explosion will receive the best medical care possible during their treatment.

On Friday, he led a government delegation to assess the state of affairs in the community and delivered the good news.

Watch the video below;

Continue Reading

News

Black Stars Head Coach, Milovan Rajevac Sacked

Published

on

Black Stars coach, Milovan Rajevac, has been sacked, KUBILIVE can report.

The decision was taken following a meeting between the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the Ghana Football Association in the aftermath of Ghana’s group-stage exit from the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations last week.

Rajevac, 67, who returned for a second stint with the Black Stars in September 2021, supervised a disappointing AFCON campaign in Cameroon where Ghana picked up just one point from their three group stage games, finishing bottom of Group C.

The Sports Ministry summoned the GFA to a meeting on Friday, January 21, 2022, in which they directed the country’s football governing body to review the coach’s position because the people of Ghana “have lost confidence in the technical team’s ability to deliver success.”

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending