Connect with us

News

Anyidoho taunts Mahama over death of Atta-Mills

Published

on

An embattled member of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Koku Anyidoho, has taunted the brother of the late former President JEA Mills, Sam Atta Mills.

He has asked Sam Atta Mills to tell Ghanaians what truly killed his brother, since, according to the report, the former President died in his hands.

Ahead of Professor’s 10th anniversary, Koku Anyidoho has bared his teeth at Sam Atta-Mills and the NDC has warned them not to go above and beyond themselves to do anything to cover their hypocrisy.

In a series of strongly-worded tweets, Mr Anyidoho, who is the Executive Director of the Atta Mills Institute, asked Sam Atta-Mills to disclose the death of the late Atta-Mills, as he warned that no one tampered with the Asomdwe Park, the final resting place of the former President.

“Sammy Atta-Mills says I am a buffoon? I see! Let him produce the autopsy report of the late President Atta-Mills.”

“Sammy Atta-Mills should tell us, what killed his brother. He says, his brother died in his hands: he should tell us how his brother died.”

“I am happy that Sammy Atta-Mills has opened the can of worms that I have been trying very hard not to open.”

“Sammy Atta-Mills has NEVER celebrated his brother; he wants me to tell the story of his wickedness towards his brother?”

“I am happy that President Akufo-Addo has built Asomdwee Park. John Mahama deliberately REFUSED to build it.”

“I will NOT use Asomdwee Park for partisan politics. It is a big shame that Sammy Atta-Mills has neglected the burial place of his brother, and is using the work the State is doing for dirty politics – in support of John Dramani Mahama.”

“The Atta-Mills Institute is not selling any cloth. Please don’t buy any cloth from criminals and thieves who want to make money from the 10th Anniversary of the death of President Atta-Mills”

Background

Sam Atta Mills accused Koku Anyidoho and the Coastal Development Authority of tampering with the tomb on Tuesday, July 19.

The Member of Parliament for Komenda-Edina-Eguafo Abirem, at a press conference in Parliament, said:

“A group calling itself Atta Mills Institute that the family doesn’t even recognize, and Coastal Development Authority, have gone to break the grave of President John Evans Atta Mills. They have removed the tomb, and they claim that they are rebuilding it.

“My question is that we have a family tradition. Now that they have touched someone’s grave, is the body still in there? Who has the body? Why will you touch the body without informing the family head? Under whose authority?

“Why do they want us to always go through grief? This is a former president, why will the government allow this to happen? This is an insult to the family and the nation.”

The late former President Prof John Evan Atta Mills died on July 24, 2012 at 2:15 pm after a short illness.

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

Advertisement

News

Update: Benjamin Mendy tried to rape young woman after she got out of the shower at his ‘isolated’ mansion, court hears

Published

on

Manchester City star Benjamin Mendy tried to rape a woman after she got out of a shower at his mansion, a court was told today.

Brief details of the alleged attack were mentioned before proceedings were halted due to a faulty speaker.

Footballer Mendy, 28, was accused of being a ‘predator’ who showed ‘callous indifference’ yesterday.

He denies charges of eight counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, and one count of sexual assault.

His co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie – called ‘Saha’ during proceedings – denies eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault, relating to eight young women. The alleged offences span July 2012 to August last year.

Prosecutor Timothy Cray QC told the court this morning Mendy tried to rape a woman, now aged 29, after she showered in his Cheshire home in in October 2018.

Mr. Cray said she went to police in January this year after the £52m Premier League star’s name was published in the press in connection with other allegations.

The hearing today started with a few seconds of video recorded evidence from the first alleged victim, whose legs were seen shaking.

But the playback had to be halted because the judge was unable to hear it on the court speakers, with the case adjourned for an hour. It later became apparent it could not be fixed quickly and the jury was told to come back on Wednesday.

The court heard yesterday, allegations that Saha got young women in Manchester nightclub, Chinawhite, before taking them back to the star’s Cheshire mansion to be raped by the pair.

Some of the alleged victims claim they had their phones taken off them when they visited the sprawling and isolated mansion, and plied with alcohol in an attempt to make them comply.

Two others said they were locked in ‘panic rooms’ where they were attacked.

The pair – who cannot be named for legal reasons – said Mendy forced himself onto them in the master bedroom and the downstairs office.

Both of them had a special locking mechanism, which created a ‘panic room’ in case of burglary which can only be opened from the inside not the outside.

A person would have to know how to open the doors to these rooms from the inside, which meant the women believed they had been locked in.

Mendy, 28, is accused of being a ‘predator’ who showed ‘callous indifference’ and denies charges of eight counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and one count of sexual assault.

Saha, 40, has also entered not guilty pleas to all charges he faces which include eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault.

Mendy has played for Manchester City since 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a reported £52 million.

He was suspended by the club after being charged by police.

Continue Reading

News

Sergio Ramos ordered to step in as Kylian Mbappe and Neymar feud threatens dressing room

Published

on

Sergio Ramos was forced to step in to separate feuding pair Kylian Mbappe and Neymar in Paris Saint-Germain’s dressing room following their win over Montpellier.

The two attacking superstars fell out over the order of penalty takers in the team during the match, after Neymar did not allow Mbappe to take PSG’s second penalty of the game after the Frenchman had seen his first effort saved.

Tensions within the squad resurfaced both on and off the pitch, with Mbappe attempting – and failing – to take the ball off the Brazilian, who stepped up and scored from the spot. Both players scored from open play in the second half.

Despite Christophe Galtier’s side recording a 5-2 victory, the tensions between the two stars were not quelled. It is said by Le Parisien that their row continued into the dressing room, where experienced defender Ramos had to intervene between the pair.

It comes less than a month after reports surfaced that Lionel Messi and Mbappe are in ‘conflict’ over the future of teammate Neymar after the Frenchman supposedly raised concerns regarding the Brazilian’s lack of discipline and fondness of the Paris nightlife.

There is reportedly an element of rivalry between the two superstars at the Parc des Princes relating to the status of Neymar at the club while multiple reports last season outlined the depth of the dressing room split in France. A constant theme in recent years is that the PSG dressing room lacks discipline and meaningful leadership.

Continue Reading

News

Hearts of Oak seal deal to sign WAFA captain Konadu Yiadom

Published

on

Hearts of Oak have agreed personal terms with former WAFA captain Konadu Yiadom, according to GHANASoccernet.com.

This came after the player’s representatives reversed their decision to send him to league champions Asante Kotoko.

The Phobians have registered him for the season and the CAF Confederation, according to our source.

Early on Monday, his manager expressed his displeasure with Hearts for failing to meet his market price.

The Phobians were said to have some of the best prices on the market.

Yiadom joins Mohammed Alhassan, Caleb Amankwah, Enock Asubonteng, and goalkeeper Richmond Ayi as ex-WAFA players at Hearts of Oak.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending