Apple Inc on Monday launched a “Sign In With Apple” function to rival Facebook and Google web login accounts, drawing a contrast with rivals by stressing protection of users’ private information.
Apple also said it would tighten controls on location tracking. When users sign in with their Google or Facebook Inc profiles to third-party apps, the apps often share valuable data with Google and Facebook, a practice that Apple is looking to stop. Apple said it has created a system to let users share an email address with apps without giving up their real email address.
Apple delivered the announcement to app developers who descended on San Jose, California, for the annual developer conference. Apple’s App Store is a key driver of the iPhone maker’s services segment, which brought in $37.1 billion in revenue last year.
Apple takes a cut of sales from apps sold through the store, though that practice is under scrutiny in several legal proceedings.
Investors are looking to Apple’s services business to power revenue and profits as iPhone sales decline. Revenue from the company’s signature device had its biggest-year-over year drop in Apple’s most recent quarter.
But the company still sold more than 10 times as many iPhones and iPads as it did Mac computers last year, so many developers focus on writing their apps for them rather than the Mac.
The Mac Pro, a pricey high-powered machine intended for professional users such as movie editors, has never sold in great numbers. But the device is important to Apple’s image as a technology leader and in courting the creative professionals that Apple co-founder Steve Jobs won over. Microsoft Corp has targeted the same users with its Surface Studio computers.
The annual developer conference is occurring against the backdrop of increased scrutiny of Apple’s practices and those of other tech companies.
Two sources told Reuters the U.S. Justice Department has jurisdiction for a potential antitrust probe of Apple as part of a broader review of technology companies. The department’s antitrust division and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) met in recent weeks to give the Justice Department jurisdiction to undertake a potential antitrust probe of Apple and Google, owned by Alphabet Inc, the sources said.
Last month, the U.S. Supreme Court allowed an antitrust lawsuit to proceed from users who allege Apple inflated app prices by not allowing iPhones to download them outside the App Store.
Spotify Technology SA, whose music service competes with Apple’s, has lodged an antitrust complaint in Europe over Apple’s App Store practices.
The next version of Apple’s operating system, iOS 13, will make it faster to download and open apps.
Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook and software chief Craig Federighi are expected to announce in a keynote address at this year’s developer conference new tools that will make it easier for developers to put their apps on Macs without completely rewriting the code.
Apple previewed the tools at last year’s conference, saying they would be released this year, and Bloomberg reported in recent weeks that Apple still plans to release them.
The move could broaden the apps available for Macs and give Apple more chances to make money on apps for its longest-lived product line. Apple will also update its operating systems and apps at the annual conference.
Apple is also expected to retire the iTunes app for the Mac. Originally introduced in 2001 by Jobs as a way to load songs onto the then-new iPod, iTunes became sprawling over the years, letting users manage music and movies as well as handle backups and updates to iPhones and iPads.
Updates of iPhones can now be handled wirelessly, and Apple said it will replace iTunes with standalone apps for music, video content and podcasts, similar to how those tasks are handled on iPhones and iPads.
Apple also its AppleTV operating system will work with Microsoft Xbox and Sony Corp PlayStation video game controllers, and said that users of its Apple Watch will be able to buy apps directly from the Watch.
It also introduced a system that would let users encrypt home security camera footage with an iPad or HomePod before sending it to Apple’s cloud so that Apple will not be able to view the video once it is stored in the cloud.
It also introduced an app for women to track their menstrual cycle, which will work on both the Watch and on iPhones. An app for measuring noise can warn Watch users their surroundings are too loud, but Apple noted it will not collect user recordings.
Apple shares were down 0.6 percent in afternoon trading.
(Reporting by Stephen Nellis; Writing by Nick Zieminski; Editing by Paul Simao and Lisa Shumaker)
This story has not been edited by Firstpost staff and is generated by auto-feed.
Model Who Allegedly Run Away In Paris Exposes Her Manager
A few days ago we reported on the story of a Ghanaian model identified as Miss. Grace Ama Mensimah Amponsah and also the winner of Ghana’s 2019 Next Super Model competition running away after she touched down in Paris.
According to our earlier report, Miss Grace Ama Mensimah Amponsah who is booked to walk the runway in Paris soon after arriving run away from the hotel after his management had stepped out to buy some foodstuffs. Leaving behind only her bag containing her clothes.
Further inquiries have discovered that Grace Ama planned the escaped with her family particular her mother.
Well, in a new development, the model has come out to explain she did not run away as her management has come out to explain.
Speaking with Da Don on Hitz Fm, she revealed that prior to their departure from Ghana, her manager known as Spark Julius Zuta tried to sleep with her but she didn’t allow him but rather reported it to her dad who asked her to forget about the incident because he would speak with him.
On why she ran away from the hotel she disclosed that in France they were just given one room for them to share but fearing what had happened earlier between her and her management she had to just move to a friends place to stay.
She went on to say the press statement released by the management was just fake because they feared she might come out to say what transpired between them a day before their trip to Paris.
She further added that on their trip back to Ghana, the manager told her that he released that statement that she had ran away to make her famous.
How to Send And Request Money With Facebook Messenger In Simple Steps
Facebook Messenger allows you to send and receive money, as long as you have a debit card issued by a US bank. Once you’ve added your debit card, you can send money to other people on Messenger, or request payment.
This makes paying your friends back for the movie or getting rent from your roommate as simple as a few taps. Sending money on Facebook is a free service and Facebook does not charge any fees.
1. Add Card; Open the Profile (Android) or Settings (iOS) tab in Messenger. You can send and receive money using the Messenger app by adding your debit card to your Messenger account. To begin the process of adding your card, open the Profile or Settings tab in the Messenger app. Adding a card allows Messenger to deposit and withdraw money to and from your checking account. Transfers may take up to five business days to process. Sending and receiving money is a free service in Messenger, and Facebook does not collect any fees. Messenger payments are currently only supported in the US.
2. Tap “Payments” to open the payment method options. You’ll be able to add a debit card from this menu, as well as review your payment history.
3. Tap “Add new debit card” to add your card. Only bank-issued MasterCard and Visa debit cards are currently supported. You cannot use a credit card, pre-paid debit card, or PayPal card.
4. Enter your card information. Enter your debit card number, expiration date, security code, and billing zip code. Tap “Save” once you’re finished. Messenger does not currently support cards from all banks. If your card is not accepted, try again in a week or two to see if support has been added for your bank or credit union.
5. Add a PIN (optional). In the Payments menu, you can set a PIN for the card you added. This PIN will be required whenever money is sent from the device. Don’t use the same PIN as your ATM or use your device’s lock screen passcode.
1. Open a conversation with the person you want to send money to. You can start the process from any conversation, including group conversations, as long as the person you want to send money to is in it.
2. Tap the contact’s name in the top of the screen, if there is only one person in the conversation and tap “Send or Request Money”.If there are multiple people in the conversation, you’ll be prompted to select the person you want to send money to.
3. Type the amount of money using the onscreen keyboard. There is no real limit to the amount you can send, though the federal limit for these transfers is $10,000 a day.
4. Enter a reason in the “For” field (optional). You can include a quick note with the payments explaining what it’s for (e.g. “rent” or “tickets”). This is optional.
5. Tap the “Pay” button underneath the (for) box to send the payment. The payment notification will be sent to the conversation, and the recipient can receive the money. The recipient will only be able to receive money if they add a debit card to Messenger as well.
1. Open a conversation with the person you want to request money from. If you have a debit card added to your account, you can request money from your Messenger contacts. Open a conversation with the person you want to request money from. Facebook does not allow you to use Messenger Payments for business transactions. If you use Payments to send or receive money for your business, you will lose access to the Payments feature. This is to avoid potential tax fraud, and because Messenger Payments don’t include protections like a retail payment would.
2. Tap the contact’s name in the top of the screen, if there is only one person in the conversation and tap “Send or Request Money”.If you’re in a conversation with multiple people, you’ll be asked to select the person you want to request money from.
3. Tap the contact’s name in the top of the screen, if there is only one person in the conversation and tap “Send or Request Money”.If there are multiple people in the conversation, you’ll be prompted to select the person you want to request money from.
4. Type the amount of money using the onscreen keyboard.
5. Enter a reason on the “For” line (optional). This can be used to help explain what you’re requesting money for, such as “rent.”
6. Tap the “Request” button underneath the (for) box to request the payee to send the money. This will allow you to send a request for money from the other person. The request will appear in the conversation, and the recipient will be able to approve it. The recipient will need to have a debit card added to their Messenger account to send the money, and you’ll need one to receive it.
7. Wait for confirmation that money has been sent. If the other person approves your request and sends the money, you will be notified in the conversation. If Messenger notifications are enabled, your device will notify you. It may take up to five business days after the request is approved for the money to appear in your bank account.
20 percent Of Nigerians Mentally Ill : Psychiatrist
A renowned Consultant Psychiatrist at the Federal Medical Center, Gusau, Zamfara, Dr Aremu Saad, says over 20 percent of Nigerians suffer from different forms of mental illnesses.
Dr. Aremu made this disclosure on Thursday while speaking with journalists, according to NAN.
He also said many of the patients do not know that they were not well due to the negligence of routine medical checks.
He said the figure was part of various mental health care researches conducted by experts in recent years.
“We are also very sure that only about 20 percent of those with the illness has violent tendencies and the illness is curable if medical care is given and the patient adheres to the doctor’s prescriptions.”
He said that the situation was further compounded by the non-passage of Mental Health Bill by the National Assembly.
He said mental illnesses could occur due to drug abuse, genetic transfer, depression, or even if one loses an election, like in recent times in Nigeria.
Aremu then expressed confidence in the passage of the bill on Mental Health, noting that it would address the issues of treatment, facilities, offenders who hide behind mental illness and stigmatization among others.
Like Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Trending This Week
- What Hip-hop Songs Did You Release Last Four Years? : Strongman Questions Medikal June 19, 2019
- Kwesi Arthur’s Dad Reacts To His Son’s Decision To Marry At Age 35 June 19, 2019
- Ebony’s Haunting Shadow: Female Act Chikel Baibe Finally Opens Up! June 19, 2019
- Truck Runs Over Policeman On The Tema-Nungua Beach Road June 19, 2019
- Andrea Pirlo Sues Look-Alike Who Got Free Items In His Name June 19, 2019
News20 hours ago
Man Extends Helping Hand To Take Care Of Older Woman Accused Of Stealing | WATCH
Singles2 days ago
Listen: Mista Myles — LOOM
Media & Culture23 hours ago
Pam Official Introduces, #PararaChallenge; Readies To Give Out An iPhone To Winner
Media & Culture2 days ago
Bella Thorne Leaks Her OWwn Explicit PHOTOS After Hacker Threatened To Release Them
Media & Culture22 hours ago
Sarkodie Betrayed Me And I’m Hurt : Strongman Cries Out
Media & Culture2 days ago
American News Website CNBN, Hails DJ Switch For Attracting The Attention Of Jay-Z And Bill & Melinda Gates With Her Talent
Singles2 days ago
Listen: Kapo Di Kaprio Feat Luna Gates – Mary Jane (Mighty Riddim) (Prod By Brainy Beatz)
Singles19 hours ago
Listen: Kuami Eugene Feat Kidi – Ohemaa