Connect with us

News

Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Man Utd HQ out back exit as stance clear after showdown talks

Published

on

Legendary Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson looks set to fail in his bid to persuade Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Old Trafford next season.

As reported by the Daily Star, Ferguson, who signed Ronaldo for his first spell at the club in 2003, is understood to have spoken to Ronaldo on Tuesday about his immediate future in the wake of the Portuguese superstar informing the club he wanted to leave to play Champions League football.

Fergie, 80, was at Carrington to attend a board meeting, which coincided with Ronaldo returning to Manchester for the first time since the end of last season.

Ronaldo jetted back to Manchester from Lisbon on Monday night with his agent Jorge Mendes to hold crunch talks with Erik ten Hag and club officials, having missed the club’s pre-season tour due to personal reasons. United bosses hoped Fergie, who was instrumental in luring Ronaldo back to the club last summer, could persuade his former superstar to see out the remaining 12 months of his £500,000-a-week deal.

It was a desperate roll of the dice from United, who have continued to insist Ronaldo is not for sale and will not be leaving. But the Portuguese icon is still reluctant to commit himself to one more season with United and remains determined to find a new club before the transfer window closes.

The 37-year-old told United he wanted to leave at the start of the summer, because he doesn’t believe the team is good enough to compete for major trophies. And the fact he didn’t train with his team-mates and turned up with Mendes by his side all points to him wanting to engineer an exit route from United.

Ronaldo had arrived at Carrington around 11am with Mendes alongside him in the passenger seat and was then seen departing hours later at 4:55pm – but via the back exit. It was unclear whether Mendes was in his car on the way out as Ronaldo was seen alone in the front seats.

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Update: Benjamin Mendy tried to rape young woman after she got out of the shower at his ‘isolated’ mansion, court hears

Published

on

Manchester City star Benjamin Mendy tried to rape a woman after she got out of a shower at his mansion, a court was told today.

Brief details of the alleged attack were mentioned before proceedings were halted due to a faulty speaker.

Footballer Mendy, 28, was accused of being a ‘predator’ who showed ‘callous indifference’ yesterday.

He denies charges of eight counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, and one count of sexual assault.

His co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie – called ‘Saha’ during proceedings – denies eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault, relating to eight young women. The alleged offences span July 2012 to August last year.

Prosecutor Timothy Cray QC told the court this morning Mendy tried to rape a woman, now aged 29, after she showered in his Cheshire home in in October 2018.

Mr. Cray said she went to police in January this year after the £52m Premier League star’s name was published in the press in connection with other allegations.

The hearing today started with a few seconds of video recorded evidence from the first alleged victim, whose legs were seen shaking.

But the playback had to be halted because the judge was unable to hear it on the court speakers, with the case adjourned for an hour. It later became apparent it could not be fixed quickly and the jury was told to come back on Wednesday.

The court heard yesterday, allegations that Saha got young women in Manchester nightclub, Chinawhite, before taking them back to the star’s Cheshire mansion to be raped by the pair.

Some of the alleged victims claim they had their phones taken off them when they visited the sprawling and isolated mansion, and plied with alcohol in an attempt to make them comply.

Two others said they were locked in ‘panic rooms’ where they were attacked.

The pair – who cannot be named for legal reasons – said Mendy forced himself onto them in the master bedroom and the downstairs office.

Both of them had a special locking mechanism, which created a ‘panic room’ in case of burglary which can only be opened from the inside not the outside.

A person would have to know how to open the doors to these rooms from the inside, which meant the women believed they had been locked in.

Mendy, 28, is accused of being a ‘predator’ who showed ‘callous indifference’ and denies charges of eight counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and one count of sexual assault.

Saha, 40, has also entered not guilty pleas to all charges he faces which include eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault.

Mendy has played for Manchester City since 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a reported £52 million.

He was suspended by the club after being charged by police.

Continue Reading

News

Sergio Ramos ordered to step in as Kylian Mbappe and Neymar feud threatens dressing room

Published

on

Sergio Ramos was forced to step in to separate feuding pair Kylian Mbappe and Neymar in Paris Saint-Germain’s dressing room following their win over Montpellier.

The two attacking superstars fell out over the order of penalty takers in the team during the match, after Neymar did not allow Mbappe to take PSG’s second penalty of the game after the Frenchman had seen his first effort saved.

Tensions within the squad resurfaced both on and off the pitch, with Mbappe attempting – and failing – to take the ball off the Brazilian, who stepped up and scored from the spot. Both players scored from open play in the second half.

Despite Christophe Galtier’s side recording a 5-2 victory, the tensions between the two stars were not quelled. It is said by Le Parisien that their row continued into the dressing room, where experienced defender Ramos had to intervene between the pair.

It comes less than a month after reports surfaced that Lionel Messi and Mbappe are in ‘conflict’ over the future of teammate Neymar after the Frenchman supposedly raised concerns regarding the Brazilian’s lack of discipline and fondness of the Paris nightlife.

There is reportedly an element of rivalry between the two superstars at the Parc des Princes relating to the status of Neymar at the club while multiple reports last season outlined the depth of the dressing room split in France. A constant theme in recent years is that the PSG dressing room lacks discipline and meaningful leadership.

Continue Reading

News

Hearts of Oak seal deal to sign WAFA captain Konadu Yiadom

Published

on

Hearts of Oak have agreed personal terms with former WAFA captain Konadu Yiadom, according to GHANASoccernet.com.

This came after the player’s representatives reversed their decision to send him to league champions Asante Kotoko.

The Phobians have registered him for the season and the CAF Confederation, according to our source.

Early on Monday, his manager expressed his displeasure with Hearts for failing to meet his market price.

The Phobians were said to have some of the best prices on the market.

Yiadom joins Mohammed Alhassan, Caleb Amankwah, Enock Asubonteng, and goalkeeper Richmond Ayi as ex-WAFA players at Hearts of Oak.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending