Connect with us

News

Cancellation Of Teacher Trainee ‘Allawa’ Was A Presidential Decision Not Ministerial; Jane Naana Innocent : NDC

Published

on

The national Democratic Congress has stated emphatically that its flagbearer’s running mate Professor Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang did not cancel the teacher training allowance during her reign as Education Minister, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) as purported by the governing New Patriotic Party.

Speaking at a press conference in Accra on Wednesday, 8 July 2020, National Communications Officer of the NDC, Sammy Gyamfi said the claim NPP that Prof Opoku-Agyemang “canceled teacher trainee allowance is not true, saying the decision was a cabinet decision and not a ministerial decision”.

The former University of Cape Coast vice Chancellor has been accused especially by the NPP and some groups of leading the erstwhile Mahama administration’s decision to cancel the teacher-trainee allowance and will do the same if she becomes the Vice President of the country if John Mahama wins the December elections this year.

But reacting to these accusations against Professor Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang, Mr Gyamfi said NDC flagbearer John Mahama takes full responsibility for canceling the allowance, therefore, the NPP propaganda against Prof Opoku-Agyemang will not stand.

“The sad reality today is that instead of the full restoration of the allowance as was promised by President Akufo-Addo and the NPP, teacher trainees are being served with a partial restoration of the allowances which is being paid in a rather very erratic manner and for only eight months instead of 12 months as was the case before the convention,” said Mr Gyamfi.

He continued: “In fact, our checks this morning shows that the Akufo-Addo government hasn’t paid teacher trainees since February 2020 and so the allowances they claim to have restored is currently in arrears for over four months.

“To add insult to injury, the Akufo-Addo government has increased the school fees of teacher trainees and introduced feeding fees which used to be free under the Mahama government. Worse of it all is the abolishment of the automatic employment of teachers and the introduction of a needless licensure exam…”

Facebook Comments

News

Fulham To Get £135m After Defeating Brentford 2-0 To Gain Promotion To The Premier League | PHOTOS

Published

on

Famed British club, Fulham beat Brentford 2-1 in the Championship play-off final at Wembley on Tuesday night, August 4, to gain promotion to the Premier League, winning up to £135m in the process.

Joe Bryan, scored twice for Fulham in extra-time to earn his side victory in the hard-fought encounter.

Fulham to get ?135m after defeating Brentford 2-0 to gain promotion to premier league (photos)

Fulham managed by a former player, Scott Parker, created the better chances, and a terrible misjudgment by Brentford goalkeeper David Raya allowed the opener in the 105th minute.

Fulham to get ?135m after defeating Brentford 2-0 to gain promotion to premier league (photos)

The result gives Parker the first success of his fledgling managerial career after he led Fulham to relegation from the EPL last season.

Fulham to get ?135m after defeating Brentford 2-0 to gain promotion to premier league (photos)

Fulham to get ?135m after defeating Brentford 2-0 to gain promotion to premier league (photos)

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Lebanon Blast Was Caused By A Welder As Death Toll Passes 100

Published

on

It has been claimed that the huge explosion in Beirut, Lebanon, that killed over 100 people and injured more than 4,000, was caused by a welder at work.

Close to where the welder was working, there was “highly explosive sodium nitrate” confiscated from a ship by Lebanese authorities and placed in one of the warehouses located near the harbor. The ammonium nitrate – more than 2,750 tons – had been stored in the warehouse for six years.

Security sources in the country have claimed the welder sparked the initial fire that in turn ignited the chemicals, causing a blast that has been compared to a “nuclear bomb”.

Lebanon blast was caused by welder as death toll passes 100

The blast sent seismic shockwaves through the city on Tuesday evening, August 4, destroying buildings and shattering windows.

Over 100 people died in the blast and more than 4,000 sustained varying degrees of injuries.

Lebanon blast was caused by welder as death toll passes 100

Many people are feared to still be trapped under the rubble, including those trapped inside their damaged homes.

As at this morning, smoke was still rising from the port, where a towering grain silo was shattered. Toxic gases were been reported in the aftermath along with strange orange clouds, with the US Embassy warning any Americans in Beirut to stay inside.

Lebanon blast was caused by welder as death toll passes 100

The head of Lebanon’s Red Cross said: “What we are witnessing is a huge catastrophe. There are victims and casualties everywhere.”

Ammonium nitrate is mainly used as a fertilizer but has also been linked to terror attacks after being used in homemade bombs.

General Security chief Abbas Ibrahim said it had been confiscated years earlier, reportedly from a ship.

Lebanon blast was caused by welder as death toll passes 100

 

Lebanese President Michel Aoun has declared a state of emergency for Beirut for two weeks – and vowed the “harshest punishments” for those responsible for causing the explosion.

 

Prime Minister Hassan Diab described the disaster as a “national catastrophe” and added that “those responsible will pay the price”.

 

His wife and daughter were injured in the explosion after it damaged his residence at The Government Palace.

 

More photos below.

 

Lebanon blast was caused by welder as death toll passes 100

Lebanon blast was caused by welder as death toll passes 100

Lebanon blast was caused by welder as death toll passes 100

Lebanon blast was caused by welder as death toll passes 100

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Lionel Messi Fails To Make List Of 10 Most Lethal Strikers In European Football As Cristiano Ronaldo Comes Third : See Full List

Published

on

Barcelona star footballer, Lionel Messi has missed out on the 2020 list of most lethal/clinical strikers in European football compiled by Sun football.

A striker’s lethal level is measured by the number of goals he scores in relation to the time spent on the pitch.

Lionel Messi fails to make list of 10 most lethal strikers in European football as Cristiano Ronaldo comes third (See full list)

Messi’s rival, Cristiano Ronaldo came third in the rankings behind unknown strikers Luis Muriel of Atalanta and Sampdoria star Federico Bonazzoli.

Lionel Messi fails to make list of 10 most lethal strikers in European football as Cristiano Ronaldo comes third (See full list)

Luis Muriel (pictured above) has scored a goal every 61 minutes, netting eight times in 2020, while Sampdoria star Federico Bonazzoli (pictured below) has scored five times, as it takes him just 77 minutes to score.

Lionel Messi fails to make list of 10 most lethal strikers in European football as Cristiano Ronaldo comes third (See full list)

Ronaldo comes in third having scored every 81 minutes even though he scored 21 times this season.

After Ronaldo comes Borussia Dortmund’s goal machine Erling Haaland with a goal every 81 minutes.

See the top 10 list below.

Lionel Messi fails to make list of 10 most lethal strikers in European football as Cristiano Ronaldo comes third (See full list)

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Trending