Cardi B is, at least for now, quitting Instagram — but not before she gets in the last word.
Following criticism that she was undeserving of her best rap album Grammy win and some social media drama where she was pinned against her nemesis Nicki Minaj by the BET Network, the “Bodak Yellow” rapper got heated in an expletive-filled rant on her Instagram.
The video, which was captured by a fan account, has since been deleted and was followed by Cardi, 26, deactivating her Instagram entirely.
“It’s not my style for people to put other people down to uplift somebody else,” she began in the clip, referencing the dig BET made at Nicki, which said she was “being dragged by her lacefront” after Cardi’s Grammy win.
“That’s not my style and that’s not what I’m with,” Cardi said, adding, “I don’t support that.”
“However, I’ve been taking a lot of s— today. I’m seeing a lot of bulls— today and I saw a lot of s— last night, and I’m sick of this s—. I work hard for my motherf— album,” she angrily stated.
— Music News Facts (@musicnewsfact) February 11, 2019
The “I Like It” rapper continued her rant by reflecting on the reactions from last year’s Grammys results. Cardi earned two nominations in best rap performance and best rap song for her track “Bodak Yellow” but did not win for either one.
“I remember last year when I didn’t win for ‘Bodak Yellow’ and everybody was like, ‘Cardi got snubbed,’” she recalled. “Now this year’s a f— problem?! My album went two-time platinum, my n—, and every chart that there was, my album was always Top 10. Number one album, as well.”
Defending this year’s win, Cardi noted how she “worked her ass off” and spent endless hours in the studio, despite being pregnant with her daughter Kulture Kiari, now 7 months.
“I locked myself in the studio for three months, my n—. Didn’t go to sleep in my bed sometimes for four days straight — pregnant!” she explained. “While everybody was harassing me like, ‘You’re not gonna do it, we know you pregnant, your career’s over…’”
After the passionate video was posted — and subsequently deleted — Cardi then shared another cleaner reflection on her Instagram about all the work that went into making Invasion of Privacy, which was captured by PEOPLE before she deleted her account on Monday.
“Slept in the studio on leather sofas for 3 months straight, migraines, in Atlanta in Miami away from my family. I have 4 songs that couldn’t make the album cause my nose was so stuffy bro I was huffy puffy,” Cardi captioned a congratulatory post from Chance the Rapper.
“This is overly deserved, the album was front-to-back hits. It would be inconceivable no to honor u last night,” Chance, 25, who was featured on the project, wrote.
“I had @offsetyrn and @brooklyn.johnny reaching out to the world for a verse on top of that I was depress [sic] cause everybody was suspecting I was pregnant and I constantly kept reading Cardi you ‘STUPID,’ ‘YOU RUINED YOUR CAREER,’ ‘WHY WOULD YOU HAVE A BABY AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR CAREER,’” Cardi continued tagging her husband Offset.
“My album went #1 and spend [sic] 21 weeks straight on billboard top ten! Every song is gold or platinum or higher. I listen to my album and I cry because I know the hell I went thruu doing the album is always a bittersweet memory.”
“THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT SUPPORTED ME AND LISTEN. I’m thankful and grateful and again thank you to all the artist that gave me a feature,” Cardi added.
While Cardi was busy defending her success — and not at the cost of others — Nicki was dropping out of two scheduled BET events after the network appeared to insult her on social media on Sunday night during the 2019 Grammy Awards.
BET referenced Nicki while congratulating Cardi for her win for best rap album — the first time in history it’s ever been done by a solo female — in a post that read, “Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj is being dragged by her lacefront.”
Minaj, 36, took offense to the post, prompting her to announce on Monday that she had decided to scrap her appearance at BET Experience and BET Awards later this summer, which Cardi will also be participating in.
“Young Money will no longer be apart of the BET Experience or award show,” she tweeted with hearts and a praying hand emoji. “Summer Tour dates dropping soon.”
The network has since apologized for the offending post.
“BET loves Nicki Minaj. We have supported her from the very beginning of her career and will continue to do so moving forward,” representatives for the network told PEOPLE in a statement. “Nicki has paved the way for so many performers and has solidified her place as one of the most powerful figures in the music industry. Unfortunately, the respect we have for Nicki was violated by this post that should never have been written.”
“The post does not reflect how we feel about Nicki. And further does not reflect our company values,” they continued. “We deeply apologize for the hurt, disappointment and confusion that this post has caused. We are committed to doing everything we can to address the situation… We understand Nicki’s position and look forward to continuing our dialogue with her. Finally, we apologize to all of her fans. This should have never happened.”
Kuami Eugene Slept With Wendy Shay + Molests Girls That Come Into Lynx Entertainment Studios
Kuami Eugene, Ghanaian multi-talented and award winning singer signed under the Lynx Entertainment label has been exposed by a snapchat user called Fatpussy005.
According to the person, Kuami Eugene had slept with Wendy Shay in an Hotel at Achimota whereby he tried to hide but was cut the receptionist.
According to the lady, they have evidences for all these but haven’t revealed the name of the hotel publicly yet.
Moving on, Kuami Eugene also, molests the ladies who comes into the Lynx Entertainment studios as well
See snapshots below.
Jussie Smollett Staged Attack Because He Was Unhappy With Salary : Police Say
The actor Jussie Smollett claimed he was attacked and beaten by two masked men shouting racist and homophobic slurs because he was “dissatisfied with his salary” on the TV show Empire, Chicago police have said.
Smollett “took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career”, Chicago police superintendent Eddie Johnson said at a press conference on Thursday morning, shortly after Smollett was arrested. “This publicity stunt was a scar that Chicago didn’t earn and certainly didn’t deserve,” Johnson added.
Smollett, 36, ignited a firestorm on social media by telling police on 29 January that two apparent supporters of Donald Trump had struck him, put a noose around his neck and poured bleach over him.
Johnson said Smollett paid two men $3,500 to stage the attack, and the scratches and bruising Smollett had on his face after the incident were “most likely self-inflicted”. He said the actor also sent a racist and homophobic threatening letter to himself at the Fox studio lot in Chicago, where Empire is filmed.
The actor, who is gay, handed himself into police on Thursday morning after he was charged with felony disorderly conduct on Wednesday for making a false police report. The charge could bring up to three years in prison. It could also force Smollett to pay for the cost of the investigation into his report.
Smollett is expected to appear in court later on Thursday. His lawyers did not immediately comment on the news conference, but had previously said the actor “enjoys the presumption of innocence”.
The companies that make Empire, Fox Entertainment and 20th Century Fox Television, issued a statement on Thursday saying they were “evaluating the situation” and “considering our options”.
In less than a month, Smollett went from receiving an outpouring of support for being the apparent victim of a hate crime, to being accused of fabricating the entire scenario.
Initial reports of the assault drew outrage and support for him on social media, including from California senator Kamala Harris and the TV talkshow host Ellen DeGeneres.
Trump also condemned the reported attack and said: “It doesn’t get on worse, as far as I’m concerned.”
But on Thursday Trump tweeted to Smollett: “What about MAGA and the tens of millions of people you insulted with your racist and dangerous comments!?”
Smollett, who plays a gay character in the hit Fox show, had said he was attacked as he was walking home at 2am from a downtown Subway sandwich shop. He said the masked men beat him, made derogatory comments and yelled “This is Maga country”, an apparent reference to Trump’s campaign slogan, before fleeing.
But doubts about Smollett’s claims started with reports that he had not fully cooperated with police after telling authorities he was attacked. Then detectives in a city bristling with surveillance cameras could not find video of the attack.
Johnson said Smollett believed the hoax attack would have been captured by one of Chicago’s many security cameras, but “that particular camera wasn’t pointed in that direction.”
After reviewing hundreds of hours of video, detectives did find and release images of two people they said they wanted to question and last week picked up the brothers at O’Hare airport as they returned from Nigeria. Police questioned the men and searched their apartment.
Two brothers, who were identified by their attorney as Abimbola “Abel” and Olabinjo “Ola” Osundairo, were taken into custody for questioning last week but were released after two days, with police saying they were no longer suspects, and that they had seen a “significant shift in the trajectory” of the investigation.
The brothers testified before a grand jury on Wednesday. Police said one of the men had appeared on Empire, and Smollett’s attorneys said one of the men was the actor’s personal trainer, whom he hired to help get him in shape for a music video. The actor released his debut album, Sum of My Music, last year.
Smollett was charged by prosecutors, not the grand jury, on Wednesday. The police spokesman said the brothers appeared before the panel to “lock in their testimony”.
Speaking outside the courthouse where the grand jury met, the brothers’ attorney said the two men testified for about two and a half hours.
“There was a point where this story needed to be told, and they manned up and they said we’re going to correct this,” Gloria Schmidt said. She said her clients did not care about a plea deal or immunity. “You don’t need immunity when you have the truth,” she said.
Samini Is A Star Maker : Showboy
Like Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Trending This Week
- Kuami Eugene Slept With Wendy Shay + Molests Girls That Come Into Lynx Entertainment Studios February 21, 2019
- Sonnie Badu Gets A Doctorate Degree | PHOTO February 21, 2019
- Afia Schwarzenegger Releases Teaser For New TV Show | WATCH February 21, 2019
- Man Blasts Ghanaian Education System And Sarkodie Supports It | WATCH February 21, 2019
- Mzbel Shares PHOTO Of Her Pregnant 6 Years Ago And Its Beautiful | SEE February 21, 2019
Media & Culture2 days ago
Nigerian Man Infecting Women With HIV/ADIS Exposed + Man Has Slept With Tiffany And Moesha | SCREENSHOTS
Media & Culture1 day ago
DopeNation Has The Best Brand In Africa : Just Entertainment Board Of Directors
Media & Culture1 day ago
Lilwin, Ibrah One, Darko Vibes And Kwesi Arthur Have All Banged Efia Odo : Notorious SnapChat User Alleges | SCREENSHOTS
Media & Culture22 hours ago
Chat Of Moesha Boduong Begging Mr. Abani’s Pimp To Add Her To Orgy List
Watch19 hours ago
Efia Odo Reacts To Having Sex With Kwesi Arthur, Darko Vibes And Others | WATCH
Media & Culture1 day ago
How Efia Odo Chopped Hajia4Real’s Baby Daddy Forcing Revloe To Dump Her & More
Media & Culture22 hours ago
Female Celebs Whose Name Have Popped Up In Moesha-Ibana HIV Scandal | SEE LIST
Media & Culture1 day ago
Kwesi Arthur Hints On New Produced Song With Appietus