A top Italian doctor has claimed that the deadly Coronavirus is getting weaker and could die out on its own without a vaccine.
Professor Matteo Bassetti said he is convinced the virus is “changing in severity” and patients are now surviving coronavirus infections that would have previously killed them.
He described coronavirus as once an “aggressive tiger” of a disease, which has now weakened and turned into more of a wild cat. If the virus keeps getting weaker, there’s a chance COVID-19 could disappear without a need for a vaccine.
Professor Bassetti has continually said that in recent months, patients with the virus seem to be handling it much better than they were at the beginning of the global pandemic in Italy.
Professor Bassetti suggests that the strain of coronavirus could be mutating and becoming weaker, making it less lethal. He also suggested that improved treatments and more social distancing could be the key to why people are handling the virus better than before.
Bassetti, the chief of infectious diseases at San Martino General Hospital in Genoa, Italy, told The Sunday Telegraph: “It was like an aggressive tiger in March and April but now it’s like a wild cat.
“Even elderly patients, aged 80 or 90, are now sitting up in bed and they are breathing without help.
“The same patients would have died in two or three days before.”
He believes that one of the reasons the virus might be causing less serious illnesses is a genetic mutation which has made it less damaging to people’s lungs.
The Professor added: “The clinical impression I have is that the virus is changing in severity.
“In March and early April, the patterns were completely different. People were coming to the emergency department with a very difficult to manage illness and they needed oxygen and ventilation, some developed pneumonia.
“Now, in the past four weeks, the picture has completely changed in terms of patterns. There could be a lower viral load in the respiratory tract, probably due to a genetic mutation in the virus which has not yet been demonstrated scientifically.”
However, other scientists have hit back at the claims, saying that there is no scientific evidence that the virus has changed at all.
In response to Professor Bassetti’s claim, Dr Angela Rasmussen, from Columbia University, tweeted: “There is no evidence that the virus is losing potency anywhere.”
She added less transmission means fewer hospitalisations and deaths, but warned: “That doesn’t mean less virulence.”
The virulence of a virus is how dangerous the illness is, but may not be directly related to how contagious it is.
Dr Oscar MacLean, of the University of Glasgow, added: “These claims are not supported by anything in the scientific literature, and also seem fairly implausible on genetic grounds.
“The vast majority of SARS-CoV-2 mutations are extremely rare, and so whilst some infections may be attenuated by certain mutations, they are highly unlikely to be common enough to alter the nature of the virus at a national or global level…
“Making these claims on the basis of anecdotal observations from swab tests is dangerous.
“Whilst weakening of the virus through mutations is theoretically possible, it is not something we should expect, and any claims of this nature would need to be verified in a more systematic way.
“Without significantly stronger evidence, no one should unnecessarily downplay the danger this highly virulent virus poses, and risk the ongoing society-wide response.”
Dr Seema Yasmin, an epidemiologist from Stanford University, said the idea was “bulls**t.”
US Federal Prosecutors Officially Charge Hushpuppi For Fraud As He Tried To Steal $124 Million From An English Premier League Club
Hushpuppi, the don who once lived a flamboyant lifestyle on social media has been officially charged for fraud and money laundering in the US by the FBI.
Hushpuppi made his initial U.S. court appearance this morning in Chicago, and he is expected to be transferred to Los Angeles in the coming weeks. He could face up to 20 years in jail if he is found guilty of the criminal charges leveled against him.
Paul Delacourt, the Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s Los Angeles Field Office. said that “BEC schemes are one of the most difficult cybercrimes we encounter as they typically involve a coordinated group of con artists scattered around the world who have experience with computer hacking and exploiting the international financial system,” said United States Attorney Nick Hanna. “This case targets a key player in a large, transnational conspiracy who was living an opulent lifestyle in another country while allegedly providing safe havens for stolen money around the world. As this case demonstrates, my office will continue to hold such criminals accountable, no matter where they live.”
“In 2019 alone, the FBI recorded $1.7 billion in losses by companies and individuals victimized through business email compromise scams, the type of scheme Mr. Abbas is charged with conducting from abroad”.
Hushpuppi Faces 20 Years In Prison After US Federal Prosecutors Officially Charge Him For Fraud
Ramon Olorunwa Abbas a.k.a. “Ray Hushpuppi” now faces a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years in a US federal prison after being extradited from Dubai to the United States.
In a statement released by the US Department of Justice, the suspected Nigerian fraudster was accused of conspiring to launder hundreds of millions of dollars from business email compromise (BEC) frauds and other scams, including schemes targeting a U.S. law firm, a foreign bank and an English Premier League soccer club.
Hushpuppi made his initial U.S. court appearance this morning in Chicago, and he is expected to be transferred to Los Angeles in the coming weeks.
Federal prosecutors who filed a criminal complaint filed on June 25, alleged that the suspected Nigerian fraudster is “one of the leaders of a transnational network that facilitates computer intrusions, fraudulent schemes (including BEC schemes), and money laundering, targeting victims around the world in schemes designed to steal hundreds of millions of dollars”.
It was also alleged that Hushpuppi finances his opulent lifestyle of designer clothes, wearing expensive watches, posing in or with luxury cars, and charter jets through crime.
The statement partly read;
“BEC schemes as often involving a computer hacker gaining unauthorized access to a business’ email account, blocking or redirecting communications to and/or from that email account, and then using the compromised email account or a separate fraudulent email account to communicate with personnel from a victim company and to attempt to trick them into making an unauthorized wire transfer.
“BEC schemes are one of the most difficult cybercrimes we encounter as they typically involve a coordinated group of con artists scattered around the world who have experience with computer hacking and exploiting the international financial system,” said United States Attorney Nick Hanna. “This case targets a key player in a large, transnational conspiracy who was living an opulent lifestyle in another country while allegedly providing safe havens for stolen money around the world. As this case demonstrates, my office will continue to hold such criminals accountable, no matter where they live.
“In 2019 alone, the FBI recorded $1.7 billion in losses by companies and individuals victimized through business email compromise scams, the type of scheme Mr. Abbas is charged with conducting from abroad.
“Technology has essentially erased geographic boundaries leaving trans-national criminal syndicates to believe that they are beyond the reach of law enforcement. The success in this case was the direct result of our trusted partnerships between the Department of Justice and our federal law enforcement colleagues. These partnerships helped dismantle a sophisticated organized crime group who preyed upon unsuspecting businesses. It is thanks to these partnerships that the American people can feel a bit more secure today.”
Hushpuppi and his suspected co-conspirators were accused of spearheading a BEC scheme that defrauded a client of a New York-based law firm out of approximately $922,857 in October 2019. Abbas and co-conspirators allegedly tricked one of the law firm’s paralegals into wiring money intended for the client’s real estate refinancing to a bank account that was controlled by them.
He was also accused of conspiring to launder funds stolen in a $14.7 million cyber-heist from a foreign financial institution in February 2019, in which the stolen money was sent to bank accounts around the world. Abbas allegedly provided a co-conspirator with two bank accounts in Europe which he expected to receive €5 million (about $5.6 million) in each.
The suspected Nigerian fraudster also allegedly conspired to launder hundreds of millions of dollars from other fraudulent schemes and computer intrusions, including one scheme to steal £100 million (approximately $124 million) from an English Premier League soccer club, the complaint alleges.
This case is being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Anil J. Antony and Joseph B. Woodring of the Cyber and Intellectual Property Crimes Section. If convicted of conspiracy to engage in money laundering, Abbas would face a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison.
All You Need To You Know About Convalescent Plasma Treatment; The New Breakthrough Against The Coronavirus
As the world is doing everything to finally get a vaccine for the deadly Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease, there seems to be a new breakthrough.
The breakthrough revolves around using blood plasma of recovered Coronavirus patients to help treat new patients.
This is called CONVALESCENT PLASMA TREATMENT!!!
So far, a religious group in South Korea – Shincheonji Church of Jesus has indicated that about 4,000 of its members who have recovered from the disease are willing to donate their plasma for the treatment.
According to the Church founder identified as Lee Man-hee, the church has internally urged all recovered members to donate their plasma, which is badly needed for Coronavirus research, according to a report by Reuters.
The response has been positive as most of the recovered church members are willing to donate their blood plasma and they would like to do it as a way of thanking the government.
As we speak, the National Institute of Health has indicated that about 185 people have presented themselves to donate plasma.
South Korea health officials have also stated that in the absence of other treatments or vaccines, plasma therapy may be a way to decrease the death rate and reports suggest that about 17 South Koreans have received the experimental therapy.
The treatment involves using plasma from recovered patients with antibodies to the virus and this enables the body to defend against the disease.
In Ghana, the National Blood Service (NBS) has also made such a statement that Ghana is ready to prepare convalescent plasma (CP) from recovered COVID-19 patients for transfusion, as empirical treatment, for persons in life-threatening conditions of the infection, according to a report by BusinessGhana.com.
This was revealed by Dr. Justina Ansah, the Chief Executive Officer of the National Blood Service, adding that the intervention was based on research that patients who had recovered from disease outbreaks such as COVID-19, had a robust immune response to infections.
Well, maybe this is the breakthrough the world really needed. We hope it comes out successful!!!
Trending This Week
- US Federal Prosecutors Officially Charge Hushpuppi For Fraud As He Tried To Steal $124 Million From An English Premier League Club July 3, 2020
- This Is The Cutest Duduke TikTok Video We Have Seen This Year | WATCH July 3, 2020
- Sadness Is Eating Me Up : Remorseful Akuapem Poloo Weeps Over Dropping Nude Shot With Her Son | WATCH July 3, 2020
- Dee Money Imports Expensive Customized Jaguar Sports Car Into Ghana; Shows It Off To Glory Of His Hustle | WATCH July 3, 2020
- D’banj Sues His Rape Accuser, Seyitan Babatayo For N1.5 Billion July 3, 2020
Watch2 days ago
Slay Queen Twerking Exposing Her Private Part Hits Online | WATCH
News2 days ago
Female Student Caught On Tape Giving Boyfriend BJ In School
Lifestyle2 days ago
Sex Survey Reveals The Best Pen*s Size To Make A Woman Orgasm
Watch2 days ago
Part Two Of Leaked Explicit Video Of Two Lovers | WATCH
Watch2 days ago
Explicit Video Of Lovers Hits Online | WATCH
Watch9 hours ago
Full Explicit Video Of The Workers At Kempinski Caught On CCTV Smooching And Kissing Out | WATCH
Watch9 hours ago
Explicit Video Of Two KFC Workers Chopping Themselves In The Kitchen Emerges | WATCH
News2 days ago
Guy Who Died After Posting Video Of Himself Packing Bundles Of Cash Allegedly Working For NPP Big Man