Connect with us

News

Coronavirus Reaches Mount Everest As Climber Tests Positive

Published

on

A Norwegian climber has confirmed that he tested positive for COVID-19 at the base camp on the south side of Mount Everest in Nepal, in a blow to the South Asia country ahead of the bumper mountaineering season on the world’s highest peak.

The pandemic crumbled last year’s season but Nepal has eased quarantine rules in an effort to attract more climbers.

“My diagnosis is COVID-19,” Erlend Ness told the AFP news agency in a Facebook message. “I am doing ok now … The hospital is taking care (of me).”

The Norweigan was reportedly evacuated from the slopes by helicopter and taken to a hospital in the Nepali capital Kathmandu after spending time at Everest base camp.

“I really hope that none of the others get infected with corona high up in the mountains. It is impossible to evacuate people with a helicopter when they are above 8,000 metres [26,246 feet],” Ness told NRK.

“The plan was to get fast high up in the mountains to make sure that we wouldn’t get infected … I’ve been unlucky and I could have done more by myself when it comes to sanitary precautions,” Ness added.

One hospital in Kathmandu confirmed it had taken in patients from Everest who had contracted coronavirus but could not give a number.

“I can’t share the details but some evacuated from Everest have tested positive,” Prativa Pandey, the medical director at Kathmandu’s CIWEC Hospital, told AFP.

But Mira Acharya, a spokesperson for Nepal’s tourism department, said it had so far not received any reports of COVID-19 among climbers.

“A person was evacuated on April 15 but we were informed that he is suffering from pneumonia and is being treated in isolation. That is all the information we have received,” she said.

Lifestyle

Lady Who Murdered GH Media Student, Priscilla Tsegah Captured On CCTV | WATCH

Published

on

A 23-year-old woman by name, Priscilla Tsegah, was stabbed to death by her female friend in a hotel where they lodged for two days.

Her body was found in the hotel room after she had been declared missing by her family with her friends running a social media campaign using her pictures and appealing to the public help find her.

She is said to have been stabbed in her lower abdomen by another lady identified only as Natashia, suspected to be the “lesbian partner’ of the deceased. Natashia took to her heels after the incident and no eye balls have been set on her since.

Natashia is alleged to have murdered her lover after the boyfriend of Priscilla, yet to be identified, went to the Justa Hotel, at New Legon, where the two women were lodging.

According to workers of the hotel, Natashia booked a room in their facility on May 20, 2021 at about 6:43pm and after one hour and 17 minutes, she left and returned with Priscilla, whose identity was not known by the hotel until after her death.

Watch the video breakdown below.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by MannasMedia (@mannasmedia)

Continue Reading

News

Korle-Bu Shooting: Ghana Police Release Investigation Notice Over Killing Of Police Officer

Published

on

KUBILIVE earlier reported on a robbery attack on the Korle-bu road in Accra.

According to a post shared on social media by media personality Afia Pokua Vim Lady, a bullion driver, a police officer and a woman have been shot dead.

It was believed that suspected armed robbers attacked the bullion van and shot the driver and the police officer in the process.

Watch the incident below.

The police have then released an official statement towards the investigation of the incident.

See below.

Continue Reading

News

Joel Glazer Opens Up On Man Utd’s Transfer Plans This Summer

Published

on

Manchester United co-chairman Joel Glazer has insisted that the club will invest ‘meaningfully’ in the summer transfer window, and is confident about what the future holds for the Red Devils.

Man Utd are close to agreeing a deal for Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, while they have also been linked with moves for Spurs’ Harry Kane and West Ham’s Declan Rice.

Glazer, who United fans seldom hear directly from, confirmed at a recent fans’ forum that the club will invest in the playing squad this summer.

“We’re going to keep investing on the pitch, which we did last year, and we plan on doing it meaningfully this year. So, we feel that we’re in a good spot,” he said, via Man Utd’s website.

Glazer also spoke about the restructuring behind the scenes at the club, which involved John Murtough becoming the director of football with Darren Fletcher appointed as technical director, and how he is confident that the club will end their trophy drought.

“There’s been a tremendous amount of work done behind the scenes and we feel like we’re absolutely on the right track,” Glazer said. “As you all know, we’ve put John Murtough as our first football director, along with Darren Fletcher in there as well. And we feel with them together leading the way, and the work done behind the scenes, that we’re absolutely on the right track.

“Our recruitment process policies, the way we go about it has changed in the last few years, I think we’ve all seen how that has changed. We think we’re absolutely in a position for a lot of success for the future.

“Any other club that has won titles recently had years where they didn’t win the league, then they moved up, they were successful and then everybody appreciates the way their structure is set up. We think we’re on that path. We feel very good about where we are.

“But at the end of the day, we all share the same goal – to win trophies. And we will make sure that everything is being done to put us in the best position to win trophies, we’ll continue to do that. And we think we’ve set up a structure behind the scenes to deliver success.”

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending