Connect with us

News

Cristiano Ronaldo is ‘higly unlikely’ to play for Man Utd again and has ‘mentally moved on’ : says Piers Morgan after speaking with him

Published

on

After speaking with Cristiano Ronaldo this week, controversial journalist Piers Morgan stated that it is “highly unlikely” that the forward will play for Manchester United again.

The Portuguese star only returned to Old Trafford last year, but after a disappointing season, he informed the club of his intention to leave if an appropriate offer was made this summer.

He has since missed United’s pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia, and Morgan believes the 37-year-old has’mentally moved on’ from the club.

‘I have had quite a lot of contact in the last week. I certainly think it’d be highly unlikely if Cristiano Ronaldo plays another game for Manchester United. I just think mentally he’s moved on,’ Morgan told talkSPORT.

If you’re him and coming towards the end of your career and you still want to win major trophies you’ve got to make a calculation. Am I going to do it if I stay at United?

‘I think he feels the club structure from the top down isn’t right. It’s not a reflection on the new manager [Erik ten Hag], he’s got a lot of respect for him, but it’s just an accurate reflection of where United are right now.

‘It’s for him to say what he feels but if you’re asking me then I don’t think he’s going to stay at Manchester United.’

So far, Chelsea, PSG and Bayern Munich have all rejected the opportunity to make a move for him in recent days.

He has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid, although a switch to the Spanish club could prove controversial given his previous history with their cross-city rivals, and former club, Real Madrid.

Morgan thinks Ronaldo could end up somewhere unexpected, and has revealed that he is still trying to convince him to join Arsenal, the club he supports.

Morgan continued: ‘I think he could end up somewhere quite surprising.

‘Arsenal fans listening should know I’m doing everything in my power to try and persuade him to come to Arsenal.

‘And bearing in mind he was close to coming to Arsenal as an 18-year-old, he was about to sign under Arsene Wenger, and at the last minute he blitzed United in a friendly for Sporting Lisbon and Ferguson didn’t leave that game until he signed him.

I believe he’d be coming home!

‘Him up front with Gabriel Jesus and Eddie Nketiah would be a fantastic forward line for us, so why not?’

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Elon Musk accuses Twitter of fraud in countersuit

Published

on

Elon Musk has accused the social media platform, Twitter, of fraudulently holding back information about the company as part of a countersuit.

The countersuit by the billionaire and Tesla CEO alleges that Twitter committed fraud, breach of contract, and violation of a securities law in Texas, where Musk lives.

Musk’s counterclaims were filed confidentially last week and unsealed in a filing late Thursday at the Delaware Chancery Court.

Musk offered to buy Twitter earlier this year, then tried to back out of the deal by claiming the social platform was infested with a larger number of “spam bots” and fake accounts than Twitter had disclosed.

Twitter sued to force him to complete the acquisition. Musk responded by filing his countersuit.

Musk’s attorneys argue in the countersuit that Twitter “misrepresentations or omissions” distorted the company’s value and caused Musk to agree in April to buy it at an inflated price. They said Twitter’s own disclosures revealed that it has 65 million fewer “monetizable daily active users,” who can be shown digital ads, than the 238 million that Twitter claims.

The filing also said most of Twitter’s ads are shown only to a sliver of the company’s user base.

Musk’s team also accused Twitter of making too many major changes in recent months without consulting Musk, including personnel decisions and allegedly disobeying social media restrictions imposed by the government of India, which is Twitter’s third largest market. Musk had pledged to make Twitter a haven for free speech but has also said it must comply with the local laws where it operates.

In an unexpected twist, Twitter filed its response denying Musk’s accusations before Musk’s own counterclaims surfaced.

Twitter called Musk’s reasoning “a story, imagined in an effort to escape a merger agreement that Musk no longer found attractive.” The company, in particular, took issue with Musk’s estimate of fake accounts, saying the analysis relied on a “generic web tool” that designated Musk’s own Twitter account as a likely bot.

“The result is a distortion that Musk is hoping will nonetheless make waves,” Twitter’s response said.

The case is scheduled to go to trial on October 17. The Delaware court handles many high-profile disputes between businesses, such as Twitter, that are incorporated there.

Continue Reading

News

Adinkra Pie CEO and Anita Sefa Boakye expecting their first child

Published

on

A few weeks after their rumored divorce, the CEO of Adinkra Pie, Barima Osei Mensah, and his wife, Anita Sefa Mensah, were spotted out in public.

The couple shamed their detractors and haters as they subtly revealed to the public that they are expecting their first child as a married couple in a new heartfelt video that has surfaced on the internet.

Anita Sefa Boakye’s baby bump is clearly visible in the video, and a background voice can be heard hyping the couple and hinting that something significant is on the way.

The hype man also instructed Anita Sefa and her husband to embrace in order to humiliate their adversaries who support the dissolution of their union.

Barima Osei Mensha and Anita Sefa Boakye were branded a ”celebrity couple” after they shot into the limelight due to their glamorous wedding in 2021.

The couple has since had media lenses and public eyes on their marriage, and recent hearsays had it that their young marriage had hit the rocks which were later found out to be fake news.

Continue Reading

News

Legon: Residents of Mensah Sarbah clash with Commonwealth hall residents

Published

on

After residents of two halls got into a fight and some property was damaged, the University of Ghana was once again in the news.

The cause of the fight is currently unknown, but according to an unconfirmed report, a resident of Mensah Sarbah Hall visited the commonwealth hall, also known as the Vandals hall, and was attacked there by some vandals.

He hurried back to his hall while fuming and called for reinforcements, who joined him in storming the Vandals’ hall.

This sparked a significant altercation between the two halls, which resulted in the destruction of some campus properties.

A car on campus which was parked in front of Mensah Sarbah hall was also burnt by the angry students.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending