Connect with us

News

Cristiano Ronaldo Vows To Pay For Damage After Car Crash Left Dog “Shaking With Fear”

Published

on

A dog was left “shaking with fear” when a supercar owned by Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo crashed into a property in Majorca on Monday morning.

The Portugal captain, 37, was not driving the Bugatti Veyron – valued at £1.8million – when the incident happened. He is currently enjoying a holiday with his family on the Balearic Island before reporting back for pre-season at United’s Carrington training ground.

Ronaldo has pledged to pay the homeowner, who remains anonymous, for the damage caused. The Majorcan local turned up at the footballer’s rented mansion on Tuesday to speak to him about the incident after fearing his dog had been killed.

Police have confirmed Ronaldo’s employee – thought to be one of his bodyguards – was driving the luxury sports car when it came off the road and smashed into a stone wall protecting the house. It’s not believed a person suffered significant injuries from the crash.

The incident happened close to the property Ronaldo, who ferried over two cars for the holiday, has rented. He was reportedly in the other vehicle when the incident happened. The badly-damaged Bugatti was later driven away on a tow-truck under a blue tarpaulin.

“I had to wait for a while for the door to be opened [when I visited Ronaldo] but I was met by a very polite man and woman,” the homeowner told Majorcan outlet Ultima Hora. “On behalf of Ronaldo they promised to pay all the damage the Bugatti had caused.

Cristiano Ronaldo's £1.8million Bugatti Veyron was damaged in the incident

“They told me to get everything fixed and keep the invoices… My water meter was ripped out in the accident and since then I haven’t been able to live normally in my own house. The door flew off its hinges and two concrete columns were knocked down.

“I was working when the police told me about the accident and the first thing I thought was that my dog had been killed because it is always behind the door. When I entered the property I saw him shaking with fear a fair distance from the entrance.”

Cristiano was reportedly heading to his £5.5m Azimut Grande superyacht – moored in Porto Adriano in the south-west of Majorca – when the smash happened. Police were deployed to the crash but neither paramedics nor firefighters were spotted at the scene.

Majorcan newspaper Cronica Balear claimed Ronaldo’s security staff looked after the car while they waited for the police to arrive. It’s believed they did ‘everything possible’ to make sure curious locals who recognised Ronaldo’s vehicle couldn’t take photos.

The identity of the person driving the car has not been revealed. Ronaldo and his family are protected in England by Portuguese twins who served as elite special forces soldiers in Afghanistan. The guards have previously been named as Sergio and Jorge Ramalheiro.

Spanish police have confirmed there is nothing to suggest Ronaldo was involved in the crash. “The car smashed into a wall but there was only material damage with no-one injured and the driver accepted full responsibility for what happened,” said a source.

“The information about who was behind the wheel and what occurred is registered on a police database and is there for a court or officers to access if any further investigations need to be conducted.

“But it is more a case of the information needing to be registered so the owner of the property that was damaged can put in a compensation claim and use the police report as a back-up in case there is any dispute down the line about how the damage was done.”

Another insider added: “The accident happened on a minor road near Joan March Hospital. The car appears to have come off the road and has hit a wall which forms part of the protection to a house with a gas canister deposit behind it.

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Mason Greenwood Has Bail Extended As Rape Investigation Continues

Published

on

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood will remain on bail over allegations he raped and assaulted a young woman following a court hearing.

The 20-year-old was arrested in January after images and videos were posted online, and he was also questioned on suspicion of making threats to kill.

His bail was due to expire in April but Greater Manchester Police made an application to the courts to extend it, with a hearing held on Thursday.

On Friday, a force spokesman said: “Following a hearing yesterday, a 20-year-old man arrested on suspicion of rape, assault and making threats to kill on Sunday, January 30 remains on bail.”

The spokesman said no further updates would be issued until the suspect was charged or released facing no further action.

Within hours of the allegations surfacing online, the striker – who has made one appearance for England – was suspended from playing or training with the Old Trafford club until further notice.

Nike suspended its sponsorship deal with Greenwood, and later terminated it, while Electronic Arts confirmed his removal from active squads on its Fifa 22 game.

Continue Reading

News

Black Stars Goalkeeper Jojo Wollacott Joins Charlton Athletic

Published

on

English League One side, Charlton Athletic FC have signed Black Stars goalkeeper, Joseph Wollacott on a three-year deal.

The 25-year old joins Charlton Athletic as a free agent after his contract expired at Swindon Town where he made 39 appearances last season and helped them to the League Two play-offs.

He becomes the club’s third signing ahead of the new season.

Wollacott has seven caps for Ghana after making his international debut last year.

Wollacott came through the ranks at Bristol City and went on loan spells outside the EFL. He then joined then League Two side Forest Green Rovers on loan in 2019/2020, making his professional debut against Charlton.

He joined Swindon Town on an emergency loan in 2021, before signing a permanent deal at the start of the 2021/2022 season.

Wollacott was voted League Two goalkeeper of the season after an outstanding 2021/2022 campaign with Swindon Town.

Continue Reading

News

Girl Found Dead In Drain With Her Hands Tied In Ablekuma

Published

on

The lifeless body of a teenage girl was found in a drain with her hands tied.

Residents of Ablekuma Manhean in the Ga West Municipality of the Greater Accra Region, Ghana, were shocked to find the body at about 6:00am on Thursday, June 23.

An eyewitness, Hawa Usman, who spoke to Citi TV, said the hands of the deceased were tied at the time she was discovered.

Girl found dead in drain with her hands tied

Hawa said: “My child was the first person to see the body. She was waiting for a friend so they can walk to school together. But upon getting to the place, she noticed the body of the lady and came home to inform me.”

The citing of the body caused a crowd to gather at the drain as locals strained to get a glimpse of the deceased.

Girl found dead in drain with her hands tied

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending