Connect with us

News

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Sexual Assault Case Recommended For Dismissal By A Las Vegas Court

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo’s sexual assault case has been recommended for dismissal by a Las Vegas court after the Manchester United star was accused of raping former model Kathryn Mayorga in a hotel room in 2009.

The civil court in the US has ruled the historic accusations made by Kathryn Mayorga be thrown out.

‘We are pleased with the Court’s detailed review of this matter and its willingness to justly apply the law to the facts and recommend dismissal of the civil case against Mr. Ronaldo, ‘ said the forward’s lawyer Peter S. Christiansen.

The Portuguese footballer has always maintained his relations with Mayorga were consensual and a Nevada court has now recommended that the Portuguese’s motion for terminating the case be granted

Mayorga’s legal team could yet object to the court’s recommendation for dismissal. Mayorga’s legal team has 14 days to object to the court’s decision.

The criminal case in relation to the allegation had already been dismissed by the Las Vegas District Attorney.

Back in June of this year Ronaldo’s legal team asked a federal court in the US to throw out the civil claim against him.

Lawyers for the Portuguese striker claimed Mayorga’s legal team gave ‘stolen papers’ to police in Las Vegas who were investigating claims.

In a scathing recommendation to the judge hearing the case, Magistrate Judge Daniel Albregts on Wednesday blamed Mayorga’s attorney, Leslie Mark Stovall, for basing the case on leaked and stolen documents that Albregts said were privileged communications between Ronaldo and his lawyers.

‘Dismissing Mayorga’s case for the inappropriate conduct of her attorney is a harsh result,’ Albregts wrote in his recommendation to U.S. District Judge Jennifer Dorsey.

‘But it is, unfortunately, the only appropriate sanction to ensure the integrity of the judicial process.’

According to legal papers lodged at the United States District Court in the District of Nevada, Ronaldo’s lawyers have been pushing for Ms Mayorga’s case to be dismissed since the summer over the conduct of her legal team.

Ms Mayorga has alleged that she was sexually assaulted in a Las Vegas hotel room following a night out with the footballer in 2009.

Ronaldo has continued to strongly deny the claim and today’s recommendation of case termination all but clears his name in a court of law.

According to The Mirror, Ronaldo settled a case with Ms Mayorga 12 years ago for £375,000.

She then sought to overturn that original settlement in 2018 and is now seeking more than £56 million in damages and costs.

In 2018, Ronaldo said: ‘I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything I am and believe in.’

News

‘Black Stars Coaches Are Afraid Of Andre Dede Ayew’ : Countryman Songo

Published

on

Controversial Ghanaian journalist, Patrick Osei Agyemang who is known as Countryman Songo has made a bold claim about Black Stars captain, Andre Dede Ayew.

He made this bold claim when he appeared on the flagship evening show, Good Evening Ghana aired on the popular Ghanaian television station, Metro TV.

During his submission, he was asked about the leadership of Dede Ayew in the Black Stars team, and answering this, he stated that there is no problem with the leadership of Dede, however, the coaches are afraid of the player.

According to him, as a coach, you must be able to control every player in your team, and in the case of Andre Ayew, he has declined in form so coaches must know when to play him, however, these coaches make the player dictate to them.

Watch the interview below;

He was in the studios of Metro TV to discuss the performance of the Black Stars at the ongoing African Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament in Cameroon where the team failed to win any of their group matches and ended up at the bottom of the group.

They lost two matches against Morocco and Comoros and drew with Gabon.

Continue Reading

News

Mohammed Salisu Reportedly Agrees To Play In Ghana’s World Cup Playoffs Against Nigeria

Published

on

Ghanaians can express a sigh of relief as Southampton defender, Mohammed Salisu has at long last chosen to support Ghana in their FIFA World Cup campaign against adjoining nation, Nigeria, in the play-offs, his uncle Yakubu Ahmed revealed.

Mohammed Salisu affirmed his choice not to play Ghana at the international level when Alhaji Grusah reached out to him which turned into a subject of public interest.

Football administrative head, Alhaji Karim Grunsah revealed that Salisu requested that he “remain away” when he attempted to persuade the footballer to play for Ghana.

Mohammed has turned down innumerable Black Stars call up referring to reasons that he isn’t yet prepared but the uplifting news coming from his uncle has it that he has at long last acknowledged to address his country as the Black Stars are set for a vital season finisher game against West African opponents Nigeria, as the two groups mean to meet all requirements for the competition in Qatar.

Speaking on the subject, the player’s uncle said he has informed the family of his decision to finally play for the national team.

“He will be playing for Ghana soon. He has assured us that he will play in the World Cup qualifiers,” Yakubu Ahmed told Kumasi-based Sikka FM, as quoted by GhanaWeb.

“He cleared the air about his absence in the AFCON but assured of availability for the World Cup qualifiers.”

Continue Reading

News

Shatta Wale Is Fighting Nigeria Out Of Frustration : Sam George

Published

on

Member of Parliament for Ningo Prampram, Sam George, disclosed that Shatta Wale animosity towards Nigerians is a result of frustrations from the system.

In an interview on Hitz FM, Sam George mentioned that Shatta Wale’s frustration comes from a poorly organized system.

“Shatta is fighting Nigeria. It’s a frustration of the system. We were in a world of our own, but again, what did we do? No conscious effort by the state or private capital to invest in that sector.”

According to Sam George, Ghanaians are selfish and will the fight progress of their own.

“Then again, it comes to what I think is a problem of our country. Ghanaians celebrate mediocrity. We are content with little. Ghanaians tag you as greedy when they see you pushing for more… Ghanaians will fight you. We fight our own. Nigerians celebrate their own.”

Sam George also revealed that in the late 70s, Ghanaian musicians have really enjoyed West Africa more than Nigerian music.

He said, “In the 70s Ghanaian music was the ish across West Africa, Highlife. In the early 2000s, our Hiplife was what it was and Nigerians didn’t have any response to us. They were still banging on Fela Kuti’s music to respond to our Hiplife. At the time, Obrafour and Lord Kenya were setting the place ablaze. At the time, Okomfuor Kwaadee came out with hits, Samini, then Batman, Kokovelli, KK Fosu, I mean Nigerians had absolutely no response to us.”

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending