If you cannot differentiate among the various types of cars that are in vogue today, choosing the best one that meets your needs can become a bit challenging. Even though you may have the money to buy any type of car, it will eventually pay off if you get exactly what you need and not just what you want.
This is why, in this article, we take a look at the types of cars in Ghana and also explain what characterizes each of them together with their prices. With this ample information at your disposal, making the right choice when it comes to the type of car you want will be easy.
Gone are the days when people could only make a selection from the few models of cars that were in the market. Those days, you would find a few selections like the saloon, hatchback, estate, coupe, and sports, but today, you can talk of the odd supercar or luxury car and all that. Guess what? Virtually every year, there is always an introduction of a new model of car into the market. And interestingly, each of these models serves various needs.
However, the challenging aspect of it all is that even though this variety grants everyone the opportunity to make their own selection, a person who is not acquainted with these automobiles may get confused and end up making the wrong choice. Therefore, to avoid that, gaining an understanding of the classes of these cars will help to differentiate between what is good and what is not right for you. It will also help you to know the cost of what you are going for.
Types of cars and their prices in Ghana
Cars are of different types and each of them has their specific features. These features can be based on their size, weight, power, and how economical they are. So, in the next few paragraphs, let us explore some types of cars that based on their body type. This will help you to differentiate cars when you see them.
According to the Collins English Dictionary, the hatchback is defined as a car with an extra door at the back which opens upwards. From this definition, the major feature that characterises this type of car is that the rear door swings upward. Depending on their configuration, they may either be classed as being three-door or five-door. The tailgate is sometimes considered to be a door on its own. However, now that things are changing, the three-door hatchback is becoming less popular.
Many of these hatchbacks operate with the two-box design body style. To increase the available cargo area, one can easily fold the rear seats down. They also come with a removable rigid parcel shelf or flexible roll-up tonneau cover that can be used to cover the space for cargo at the back of the rear seats. Some of the cars in this category include small-sized vehicles like ultra-compact cars. A few of the examples of cars that fall within this category are Renault Clio, Fiat 500, Volkswagen Golf, and Suzuki Swift.
Presently in Ghana, a 2012 Hyundai Accent hatchback can go for GHC 38,500 and you can also get a 2014 Kia Rio Hatchback Full Option for GHC 53,000. Other ones include the Honda Civic hatchback 2015 at GHC 66,000, KIA Cerato hatchback at GHC 28,499 and 2012 Nissan Versa hatchback at GHC 35,000.
Sedans (as is called in the US) or saloon (as known in the UK) cars are cars that are built with four doors and a boot or trunk. They can be classified into different models such as mid-size, compact executive, full-size, full-size luxury, and sports sedan. However, when you hear someone use the word “sedan”, most likely, they are referring to a mid-size or full-size vehicle. An important thing to bear in mind about sedan cars is that they come with 3-box configuration features which are used for the engine, passenger, and cargo.
More so, the modern sedan comes with a long wheelbase which gives both the front and rear passengers an opportunity to stretch out. Also, it has reasonable cargo space which makes shopping excursions and road trips interesting for families. At the rear bench seats, three adults can sit comfortably without squeezing themselves. Some examples include the Honda Civic, Toyota Camry, Lexus IS, and the BMW 5 series.
While the price of sedan cars may vary from one dealer to the other depending on the model and the year of release of the car, the prices range from: Mercedes C-class C300 4MATIC sedan 2016 at GH₵ 170,000, Honda Civic Sedan 2006 at GH₵ 22,800 and Honda Civic Sedan 2016 at GH₵ 92,000, to mention a few. You can also check online platforms so as to compare prices.
MPV is the short form of Multi-Purpose Vehicle. Sometimes, it can be called a minivan or a people carrier, and that is partly because of the space and capacity it has to carry a large number of people in safety and comfort. While it carries many people, usually five or seven comfortably, it also leaves enough space to house their luggage as well. The origin of this type of car can be traced to the Chrysler Corporation’s Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager that was launched at the tail-end of 1983.
The latest MPVs are characterised by sliding doors as well as seating arrangements that are so flexible. With the two to three rows of seating arrangement that they have, the third row can be reconfigured depending on your choice. And when it comes to its price in Ghana, each car dealer determines how much their MPV would be sold. But then, from research, you should get a Mazda MPV for GHC 25,000, a 2008 Mazda MPV for GHC 37,000. Please bear in mind that these prices are just the asking price and so, depending on how well you can negotiate, you should get something lower than that.
Other names given to this type of car are cabriolets and roadsters. Amazingly, there is virtually no producer of cars in the world that does not have a convertible in the market. Because of the fun that it comes with, this type of cars seems to be much pronounced among youngsters, but that does not mean that the older people do not use them.
A convertible is a four-seater or 2+2 vehicle whose roof is removable or foldable. There are different types of convertible cars and they include a hardtop convertible, classy convertibles like Audi RS 5 Cabriolet and Lexus IS C, and affordable convertibles like Fiat 500 C. Generally, examples of convertibles include the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabriolet, Ferrari California and Mazda MX Miata.
If you check some of the notable car dealers in Ghana, you can get convertible cars like 2011 E550 convertible Mercedes Benz at GHC 195,000, 2008 Audi A4 convertible at GHC 80,000 and BMW M3 Convertible for GHC 220,000.
5. Sports cars
If you think of sports cars, the next thing that would probably come to your mind is speed. And truly, that is one of the special things that they are known for. Furthermore, they have special designs and consequently, they come in all shapes and sizes.
One thing that characterises these cars is luxury. They come with either a fixed hardtop, a convertible top, or a one-piece removable roof panel, often referred to as a Targa. As for how much these cars are sold in Ghana, depending on your budget, you can get a VW Jetta Sports for GHC 50,000 and a Chrysler 200 Sports for GHC 85,000.
An SUV is a Sport-Utility Vehicle with a perfect blend of on and off-road capabilities. Usually, they are four-wheel-drive vehicles even though most of the ones that people buy are driven around cities and on highways. For places with muddy fields, SUVs are specially designed to walk through those areas without any struggle. They have a powerful engine, only that they consume more fuel than most vehicles.
There are different sizes and specifications of SUVs, so it is possible for you to hear things like Mini SUVs, Compact SUVs, Midsize SUVs, or better still, Full-size SUVs. Some of the various types of SUVs that are in the market include Ford Explorer, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota Sequoia and Volkswagen Touareg. The fastest of all the SUVs that have been built so far is the Bentley Bentayga.
If you need an idea of the price of SUVs in Ghana, note that you can get a 2014 Toyota RAV4 for GHC 105,000 and a 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Sport also for GHC 597,624. Also, if you have very good negotiation skills, then you can get a Chevrolet SUV for as low as GHC 65,000, Mini Cooper All4 SUV for GHC 92,000, and even a Toyota Highlander SUV at GHC 86,500.
Crossovers have the height of a truck-based vehicle that is built on a unibody frame that looks like a car. They can also be referred to as Crossover Utility Vehicles (CUV) and they usually come with a large cargo area which is a feature that appeals to quite a lot of people who go for the vehicle. Also, they don’t consume too much fuel compared to other truck-based sport utility vehicles. You will find the front-wheel, rear-wheel, and all-wheel drivetrains to be common with the CUVs
If you are not too conversant with vehicles, it is possible to mistake a crossover vehicle with an SUV. Although both of them have the same high ground clearance, it is worth noting that while an SUV was built on a truck chassis, a crossover is built more like a modern car, with a unibody. When it comes to the price of a Crossover in Ghana, while the price varies from car dealer to the other, you can get a 2015 Nissan Rogue S Crossover AWD 4 Cyl 2.5 for as low as GHC 150,000.
A coupe is a type of car that is usually defined as having two doors and a fixed-roof body style. Based on the International Organization for Standardization’s definition of coupe cars as reported on Infiniti of Guam’s website, they are cars that have a closed body, usually with limited rear volume. Apart from these, they also come with a fixed roof, of which a portion may be openable. They also have two seats in at least one row, two doors, and two side windows.”
A coupe generally has either 2 or 4 seats that are placed in a 2+2 configuration. This means that you will find only 2 seats in the rear compared to the standard 3 and funny enough, these seats are smaller than average. In terms of the price, at the moment, for a Hyundai coupe, you need to have nothing less than GHC 70,000. Apart from this, a Nissan Altima Coupe sports car will go for GHC 46,000, Honda Civic Coupe Turbo at GHC 120,000 and a Mercedes Benz W123 Coupè can be gotten at GHC 48,000.
Wagons are known to have body styles that have an interior which extends to the back. Also called “station wagon” or “estate”, they usually come with an extra seat or luggage compartment. The inspiration behind this type of car came from horse-drawn vehicles and they were so popular among families during the 1950s through the 70s. Some of the features that wagons come with are all-wheel drive, a roomy interior, rugged off-road ground clearance, abundant technology, turbo-diesel torque, and efficiency.
When it comes to the price of wagon cars in Ghana, you can get a Mercedes Benz G-Wagon for GHC 260,000, Nissan Rogue Station wagon for GHC 37,000, and a Kia Sportage wagon 2001 for as low as GHC 45,000. And should you need a brand new Mercedes Benz G-wagon, then with GHC 1,000,000, you could go home with one.
Apart from the types of cars discussed above, there are other features that people consider when classifying cars. These features are worth discussing as they will help you in your selection process.
How cars are classified
Based on the information that has been shared so far, it is important to note that there are a few other things that you should bear in mind before you choose the type of car to buy. Some of these things include the following:
1. Type of fuel consumption
Even though there are different models of cars in the market, you also need to understand that not all these cars use the same engine type. While some cars come with diesel engines, there are those with petrol. Apart from that, there are also those that use gas turbine as a power source, some use electricity such as electric cars, and they are those that are powered by steam engines.
2. Type of transmission
Interestingly, there are cars that use automatic transmission which enables them to automatically change gear ratios as they move. Virtually all the cars entering the market today are made as such. Then, there are manual transmission cars which means their gear ratios have to be manually changed. We also have the semi-automatic transmission cars that enable manual gear changing with a clutch pedal.
3. Drive of the vehicles
You will also see some cars whose steering wheels are fitted on the left-hand side, and some others whose steering wheels are fitted on the right-hand side. These are called left-hand drive and right-hand drive respectively. Also, we have cars that are fluid-driven. This means that they employ torque converter, fluid flywheel or hydramatic transmission as the case may be.
4. Variant level
It is possible that hear things like LDi, VDi, LXi, and you begin to wonder what they mean. Well, these are the variants available for customers. Specifically, there are three variants of two classes. We have in the first class, LDi, VDi and ZDi while in the other class, we have LXi, VXi, and ZXi. The difference in the two classes is the “D” and “X” where “D” represents diesel and “X” represents petrol. Each of these variants explains some of the features that are peculiar to each of the cars where “L” stands for the lowest variant, “V” stands for the mid variant and “Z” represents the premium variant.
With the information shared here about the various types of cars that are in Ghana and their prices, you should not have an issue when it comes to making a choice as to which car is best for you.
The Highest Youtube Earner Last Year Is One 8-Year-Old Boy That Started His Channel In 2015
He made $22m last year from youtube only. That is about 7. 9 billion naira.
The second highest earner is a 22 years old drop out.
A lot of Nigerians are earning a lot of money from youtube and this could be your chance to learn from someone that has over 100,000 subscribers already.
One of the top most Nigerian youtubers with over 100,000 subscribers is currently teaching how to start, run, rapidly grow and make lots of money from your youtube channel per month even if you don’t know anything about youtube.
Every smart phone has a YouTube app and running a successful YouTube channel is really something everyone can do IF guided by an expert that has already done it.
YouTube pays minimum of N360, 000 for every 1 million views your videos get.
YouTube starts paying you in US dollars per month once you get up to 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours.
This is really not easy to get but Dave Partner’s youtube course teaches step-by-step how anyone can start a YouTube channel from their phone or system and grow it.
There are over 28 modules in the course that cover topics like:
1. How to make your videos go viral every week.
2. How to get your first 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours
3. How to get your first paycheck in dollars from the bank
4. How your child can start their own youtube channel
5. How a grand mum can run a YouTube channel
6. How to get your own 1 million views.
7. How to run multiple channels
8. How to raise donations from your YouTube channel
And 28 other secrets.
There are only 43 slots remaining.
Model Who Allegedly Run Away In Paris Exposes Her Manager
A few days ago we reported on the story of a Ghanaian model identified as Miss. Grace Ama Mensimah Amponsah and also the winner of Ghana’s 2019 Next Super Model competition running away after she touched down in Paris.
According to our earlier report, Miss Grace Ama Mensimah Amponsah who is booked to walk the runway in Paris soon after arriving run away from the hotel after his management had stepped out to buy some foodstuffs. Leaving behind only her bag containing her clothes.
Further inquiries have discovered that Grace Ama planned the escaped with her family particular her mother.
Well, in a new development, the model has come out to explain she did not run away as her management has come out to explain.
Speaking with Da Don on Hitz Fm, she revealed that prior to their departure from Ghana, her manager known as Spark Julius Zuta tried to sleep with her but she didn’t allow him but rather reported it to her dad who asked her to forget about the incident because he would speak with him.
On why she ran away from the hotel she disclosed that in France they were just given one room for them to share but fearing what had happened earlier between her and her management she had to just move to a friends place to stay.
She went on to say the press statement released by the management was just fake because they feared she might come out to say what transpired between them a day before their trip to Paris.
She further added that on their trip back to Ghana, the manager told her that he released that statement that she had ran away to make her famous.
How to Send And Request Money With Facebook Messenger In Simple Steps
Facebook Messenger allows you to send and receive money, as long as you have a debit card issued by a US bank. Once you’ve added your debit card, you can send money to other people on Messenger, or request payment.
This makes paying your friends back for the movie or getting rent from your roommate as simple as a few taps. Sending money on Facebook is a free service and Facebook does not charge any fees.
1. Add Card; Open the Profile (Android) or Settings (iOS) tab in Messenger. You can send and receive money using the Messenger app by adding your debit card to your Messenger account. To begin the process of adding your card, open the Profile or Settings tab in the Messenger app. Adding a card allows Messenger to deposit and withdraw money to and from your checking account. Transfers may take up to five business days to process. Sending and receiving money is a free service in Messenger, and Facebook does not collect any fees. Messenger payments are currently only supported in the US.
2. Tap “Payments” to open the payment method options. You’ll be able to add a debit card from this menu, as well as review your payment history.
3. Tap “Add new debit card” to add your card. Only bank-issued MasterCard and Visa debit cards are currently supported. You cannot use a credit card, pre-paid debit card, or PayPal card.
4. Enter your card information. Enter your debit card number, expiration date, security code, and billing zip code. Tap “Save” once you’re finished. Messenger does not currently support cards from all banks. If your card is not accepted, try again in a week or two to see if support has been added for your bank or credit union.
5. Add a PIN (optional). In the Payments menu, you can set a PIN for the card you added. This PIN will be required whenever money is sent from the device. Don’t use the same PIN as your ATM or use your device’s lock screen passcode.
1. Open a conversation with the person you want to send money to. You can start the process from any conversation, including group conversations, as long as the person you want to send money to is in it.
2. Tap the contact’s name in the top of the screen, if there is only one person in the conversation and tap “Send or Request Money”.If there are multiple people in the conversation, you’ll be prompted to select the person you want to send money to.
3. Type the amount of money using the onscreen keyboard. There is no real limit to the amount you can send, though the federal limit for these transfers is $10,000 a day.
4. Enter a reason in the “For” field (optional). You can include a quick note with the payments explaining what it’s for (e.g. “rent” or “tickets”). This is optional.
5. Tap the “Pay” button underneath the (for) box to send the payment. The payment notification will be sent to the conversation, and the recipient can receive the money. The recipient will only be able to receive money if they add a debit card to Messenger as well.
1. Open a conversation with the person you want to request money from. If you have a debit card added to your account, you can request money from your Messenger contacts. Open a conversation with the person you want to request money from. Facebook does not allow you to use Messenger Payments for business transactions. If you use Payments to send or receive money for your business, you will lose access to the Payments feature. This is to avoid potential tax fraud, and because Messenger Payments don’t include protections like a retail payment would.
2. Tap the contact’s name in the top of the screen, if there is only one person in the conversation and tap “Send or Request Money”.If you’re in a conversation with multiple people, you’ll be asked to select the person you want to request money from.
3. Tap the contact’s name in the top of the screen, if there is only one person in the conversation and tap “Send or Request Money”.If there are multiple people in the conversation, you’ll be prompted to select the person you want to request money from.
4. Type the amount of money using the onscreen keyboard.
5. Enter a reason on the “For” line (optional). This can be used to help explain what you’re requesting money for, such as “rent.”
6. Tap the “Request” button underneath the (for) box to request the payee to send the money. This will allow you to send a request for money from the other person. The request will appear in the conversation, and the recipient will be able to approve it. The recipient will need to have a debit card added to their Messenger account to send the money, and you’ll need one to receive it.
7. Wait for confirmation that money has been sent. If the other person approves your request and sends the money, you will be notified in the conversation. If Messenger notifications are enabled, your device will notify you. It may take up to five business days after the request is approved for the money to appear in your bank account.
Like Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Trending This Week
- Ghana Gets A New Media Powerhouse: Salt TV/Radio To Kick Start Broadcast In July! June 25, 2019
- Listen: ELMO Feat Earl — Makoma (Prod By Gunna) (Mixed By PK) June 25, 2019
- Get Familiar With Versatile Tema-Based Artist ELMO | PHOTOS June 25, 2019
- A Serious Boyfriend Will Cook For You When You Visit Him, Not The Other Way Round : Woman Warns Daughter June 25, 2019
- I Blame The Media For The Influx Of Slay Queen Syndrome : Ama K. Abebrese Reveals June 25, 2019
Media & Culture1 day ago
Medikal Slept With Fella Makafui’s Sister : Source Reveals | SCREENSHOT
Hangout2 days ago
2019 BET Awards: Full List Of Winners
Media & Culture2 days ago
Without Drake, Nobody Knows Wizkid In America : Road Podcast Says
Watch2 days ago
I’ve Never Done This Before : Stefflon Don Says As She Kisses Burna Boy | WATCH
News2 days ago
Archbishop Duncan Williams Is A Serious Occult Grandmaster : 17yr Old Occult Alleges
Media & Culture2 days ago
Ebony Was Killed By Her Own Dad : 17yr Old Occult Alleges
Hangout1 day ago
Canada Prime Minister Champions Equality As He Proudly Flies The LGBTQ2 Flag At Toronto Pride Parade | PHOTOS
Media & Culture2 days ago
Medikal Blasts Manifest For Coming Into The Defense Of Strongman