Connect with us

News

Elon Musk’s Daughter Legally Changes Name And Cuts Ties With Her Father

Published

on

Elon Musk’s 18-year-old daughter has legally changed her name to dissassociate herself from her billionaire father, legal filings that came to light Monday show.

“I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form,” she said in a petition for both a name change and a new birth certificate.

Musk’s daughter also changed her gender recognition from male to female after turning 18, the age of consent in California.

The documents were filed with the Los Angeles county superior court in Santa Monica in April and came to light recently in online media reports.

Her new name was redacted in the online document. Her mother is Justine Wilson, who was married to Elon from 2000 to 2008, when she divorced him. Musk and Wilson have five children together. Musk also has two children with singer Grimes.

Wilson said in a tweet on Tuesday she is proud of her daughter. She did not immediately respond to additional request for comment.

Representatives for Musk’s daughter could not immediately be reached.


Elon Musk’s daughter legally changes name and cuts ties with her father

‘I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form,’ she said in a petition

SpaceX founder Elon Musk speaks at a post-launch press conference in Cape Canaveral, Florida, U.S., March 2019.
SpaceX founder Elon Musk speaks at a post-launch press conference in Cape Canaveral, Florida, U.S., March 2019. Photograph: Mike Blake/Reuters

Kari Paul and agenciesTue 21 Jun 2022 20.04 BST

Elon Musk’s 18-year-old daughter has legally changed her name to dissassociate herself from her billionaire father, legal filings that came to light Monday show.

“I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form,” she said in a petition for both a name change and a new birth certificate.

Musk’s daughter also changed her gender recognition from male to female after turning 18, the age of consent in California.

The documents were filed with the Los Angeles county superior court in Santa Monica in April and came to light recently in online media reports.

Her new name was redacted in the online document. Her mother is Justine Wilson, who was married to Elon from 2000 to 2008, when she divorced him. Musk and Wilson have five children together. Musk also has two children with singer Grimes.

Wilson said in a tweet on Tuesday she is proud of her daughter. She did not immediately respond to additional request for comment.

“I had a weird childhood,” my 18 year old said to me. “I can’t believe I’m as normal-seeming as I am.”

I said, “I’m very proud of you.”

“I’m proud of myself!”— Justine Musk (@justinemusk) June 20, 2022

Representatives for Musk’s daughter could not immediately be reached.Advertisementhttps://89d9d7135880a5b0db9714b38888dc07.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html

There were no further details on the rift between Musk’s daughter and her father, the Tesla and SpaceX chief.

Musk, the world’s richest man, is engaged in a high-profile, $44 bn bid to take over social media platform Twitter. On Tuesday, Twitter’s board unanimously recommended that shareholders approve the proposed sale, according to a regulatory filing. Musk reiterated his desire to move forward with the acquisition last week during a virtual meeting with Twitter employees, though the CEO has also indicated there are several “unresolved matters” related to the deal.

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Paul Pogba’s Brother Florentin Pogba 31, Joins ATK Mohun Bagan

Published

on

ATK Mohun Bagan have completed the signing of Florentin Pogba, brother of France World Cup winner, Paul Pogba.

ATK Mohun Bagan are strengthening their defence this season, ahead of a crucial semifinal of the AFC Cup in September. With Spanish defender Tiri injuring himself during the group stage, signing a central defender was priority and Florentin ticked all the boxes.

“ATK Mohun Bagan had a lot of profiles (from player representatives) and Florentin impressed the most. He has more to offer than just a famous surname. He is at the club purely on merit,” said one source who has tracked the development.

Brother of former Manchester United and Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, Florentin signed a two-year deal with ATK Mohun Bagan, after parting ways with French Ligue 2 club FC Sochaux-Montbeliard where he still had a year left on his contract.

“Florentin Pogba transferred to @atkmohunbaganfc one year from the end of his contract. FCSM wishes the best to its now former central defender who will turn 32 in a few weeks,” the French club said in a tweet late on Friday.

Caught off-guard by FC Sochaux’s goodbye on social media, ATK Mohun Bagan are now likely to make an official announcement of the transfer in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Born in Guinea, Florentin was brought up in France and kickstarted his professional career with CS Sedan in Ligue 2 in 2010.

After making 45 appearances over two seasons for the club, he moved to AS Saint-Etienne in 2012, before making his Ligue 1 debut the next year.

With Saint-Etienne, he had a long spell and played regularly in the Europa League where he was up against his famous brother Paul Pogba, then with Manchester United.

Florentin made his international debut for Guinea against Mali as a 19-year-old in 2010.

His twin brother Mathias is also a footballer and last donned colours for ASM Belfort.

Interestingly, Mathias shared the dressing room with Ishan Pandita during their time at Lorca in 2020, before the young India striker returned home to join FC Goa.

Continue Reading

News

Nike Announces Full Exit From Russia

Published

on

Fallout from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine continues, as another major brand is pulling its business from the country.

Nike has announced that it’s making a full exit from Russia, confirming the move in a statement issued to Reuters on Thursday.

“Nike has made the decision to leave the Russian marketplace. Our priority is to ensure we are fully supporting our employees while we responsibly scale down our operations over the coming months.”

The move comes after Nike announced that it was suspending online and physical retail business in Russia this past March.

In May, it was reported that Nike had not renewed agreements with Inventive Retail Group (IRG), which operated 37 Nike-branded stories in Russia through its Up and Run subsidiary.

This continues a trend of Western brands rolling back business in Russia, including Nike’s rival Adidas, which has indefinitely suspended all of its Russian business.

While leaving Russia is significant, Nike’s bottom line likely won’t be drastically impacted.

The company recently revealed that it gets less than 1% of its revenue from Ukraine and Russia combined.

The decision, however, does add to Russia’s increasingly growing economic isolation.

Continue Reading

News

Mason Greenwood Has Bail Extended As Rape Investigation Continues

Published

on

Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood will remain on bail over allegations he raped and assaulted a young woman following a court hearing.

The 20-year-old was arrested in January after images and videos were posted online, and he was also questioned on suspicion of making threats to kill.

His bail was due to expire in April but Greater Manchester Police made an application to the courts to extend it, with a hearing held on Thursday.

On Friday, a force spokesman said: “Following a hearing yesterday, a 20-year-old man arrested on suspicion of rape, assault and making threats to kill on Sunday, January 30 remains on bail.”

The spokesman said no further updates would be issued until the suspect was charged or released facing no further action.

Within hours of the allegations surfacing online, the striker – who has made one appearance for England – was suspended from playing or training with the Old Trafford club until further notice.

Nike suspended its sponsorship deal with Greenwood, and later terminated it, while Electronic Arts confirmed his removal from active squads on its Fifa 22 game.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending