Connect with us

News

Former FedEx Receptionist Becomes The Company’s First Black Female CEO

Published

on

FedEx

Fedex has named its newest CEO and she’s Ramon Hood, a woman who began as a receptionist at the same company.

Today, Hood is the first Black woman to become CEO in the company’s history.

The company announced Wednesday, February 26, that former VP of operations, strategy, and planning is now CEO, bringing more than 28 years of company experience to her role. She will be overseeing the Custom Critical division.

She started with the company as a receptionist in 1991 when the company was still called Roberts Express.

Reacting to becoming the company’s CEO, Hood said: “I wasn’t thinking this was going to be my career and I’d be here for 28 years. I was a young mother. I wanted a job that had a stable shift that would allow me to do (college) courses as appropriate.”

Over the years, Hood has been responsible for innovative ideas that made her stand out from her peers. She climbed up the ladder of success in the company from heading subsidiary FedEx Truckload Brokerage to obtaining an officer position at FedEx Supply Chain in 2016. She then returned to FedEx Custom Critical for an executive position. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Walsh University and Executive MBA from Case Western Reserve University.

Former FedEx receptionist becomes the company?s first black female CEO

In the early days as CEO, Hood is looking to gain useful insight from employees, customers and independent contractors driving for Custom Critical. She has created her famous “Ramona Roundtables,” which she is wrapping up this month and involved her talking with small groups of employees.

“The next thing I’ll be doing is going out and spending time with customers and independent contractors,” Hood said. “I’m defining that as my ‘listen and learn tour.’ ”

She also mentions that under her leadership, Custom Critical will be agile in addressing customer needs and using technology, all while “looking at things in ways we haven’t in the past.”

Facebook Comments
Advertisement

News

Ghana Tourism Authority Rewards 3 Winners of The Travel, See, Snap And Win Contest

Published

on

The Travel, See, Snap, and Win contest has so far rewarded 3 deserving winners – a winner for each week.

The contest is largely welcomed by Ghanaians and has gradually gained momentum by seeing hundreds of entries every single week.
According to posts seen on the weekly winners’ social media platforms, they are highly excited about their rewards and remain grateful to the Ghana Tourism Authority.

“Privileged to have won week 2 of the #travelseesnapandwin contest.
What are you waiting for?

You can have fun by traveling to any tourist site, restaurant, or hotel while standing a chance of being the next winner.

All you have to do is to take beautiful shots, share them on your social media handles with interesting captions, use the hashtag #travelseesnapandwin, and tag @ghanatourismauthority.

Good luck;” The week 2 winner Joseph Halifax Kwame Afesia posted on his Facebook page.

The contest which was announced and launched on December 18, 2020, is aimed at projecting the domestic tourism and hospitality sector in Ghana. It is expected to end on the 31st of January, 2021.

Entries are allowed for all Ghanaians above the age of 18.

To be part of the contest, to win amazing prizes such as air tickets, 5-star hotel stays, vouchers, Made-in-Ghana goods, and others, follow these steps:

– Visit any tourism or hospitality location of your choice in Ghana
-Take a picture or video of yourself at the location,
-Post the picture or video on social media with the hashtag #Travelseesnapandwin and tag the Ghana Tourism Authority in your post.

Winners of the contest are selected based on the creativity they put into their photo or video, their caption, total likes, and comments garnered over the week.

Past weekly winners of the contest are Vanessa Appiah, Joseph Halifax Afesia, and Nana Akua Boatemaa.

The contest is organized by the Ghana Tourism Authority with support from Beyond the Return and the World Bank.

For more inquiries on the contest, contact the Ghana Tourism Authority through its social media handles.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Atletico Madrid Unveils Moussa Dembele Following His Loan Switch From Lyon

Published

on

Moussa Dembele, French striker as been officially unveiled as an Atletico Madrid player after completing a shock six-month loan move from Lyon to the LaLiga club on Wednesday.

The 24-year-old was unveiled at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium on Thursday afternoon, January 14 and handed the No 19 shirt, which was previously worn by Spanish striker, Diego Costa.

Atletico Madrid unveils Moussa Dembele following his loan switch from Lyon; hand him Diego Costa

Dembele was signed as a direct replacement for Costa, whose contract was terminated in December, with a reported £29.6million option to buy in the summer.

The striker scored 21 goals and made six assists during his first campaign and followed that up with 24 goals and seven assists in 46 games last season.

Atletico Madrid unveils Moussa Dembele following his loan switch from Lyon; hand him Diego Costa

“With Dembele’s arrival, we add a young yet experienced footballer who’s strong both physically and as a finisher,” Atletico said in a statement.

“His height also makes him a threat in the air and his speed allows him to run past the opposition’s defenders.”

Atletico Madrid unveils Moussa Dembele following his loan switch from Lyon; hand him Diego Costa

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

4 Men Arrested For Stealing Church Instruments

Published

on

4 abled-bodied men have been arrested after carrying out a stealing operation on two churches in Akyem Ofoase, in the Eastern Region.

The four suspects are reported to have broken into The Assemblies of Church and Open Bible Church, both in Akyem Ofoase and made away with their keyboard and amplifiers.

Their operation was successful but after taking the stolen goods to Akyem Odo to sell, they were caught by some residents.

This was confirmed by Akyemansa District Police Commander, DSP Ransford Nsiah who told Adom News in an interview.

DSP Ransford further added that they will be arraigned before the court on Friday, January 15 where their fate will be decided.

The suspects are Kofi Adu 30-year-old driver, Stephen Frimpong 27-year-old farmer, Anane Blabo 25-year-old illegal miner operator and Bismarck Adu 25-year-old unemployed.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Latest Stories

ad

Trending