Africa Youth Awards, the continent’s most coveted awards for young people have announced the winners of its 2016 awards, which engaged over 170 shortlisted nominees, and received voting participation from over 145 countries from across the world.
Voted as the African Youths of the Year were, Albert Kusi (Ghana) founder of LEC Foundation and Ilwad Elman, Somalia’s Social Activist and Director of Programs and Development at the Elman Peace and Human Rights Center.
Albert Kusi is also the pioneer of Success Conference, West Africa’s biggest annual empowerment summit which has impacted thousands of young people and has transformed lives whiles Ilwad Elman doubles as the Director of Sister Somalia, Somalia’s first program for assistance of victims of gender-based violence which provides counseling, health and housing support for women in need.
2016’s winner’s hail from 11 countries and were determined by public votes, which were received from over 145 countries within 21 Days.
Other notable winners are Souhila Ben Lachhab (Algeria) for Musician of the year and Teacher Mampire (Uganda) for Discovery of the Year. Mohammed Ibrahim Jega (Nigeria) CEO of Emerge Tech Africa was also voted as 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year.
Prince Akpah, co-founder & President of Africa Youth Awards declared the third edition of the awards as a great success and a true testament of the contributions of young Africans to the development of the African Continent.
He also emphasised that the stories of these young Africans would inspire more young people as they gear up to take up various leadership positions in their individual pursuits of moving the African continent to the next level.
Below is the Full List of Winners
- Ilwad Elman, Elman Peace and Human Rights Center (Somalia) – African Youth of the Year (Female)
- Albert Kusi – LEC Foundation (Ghana) – African Youth of the Year (Male)
- Mohammed Ibrahim Jega, Emerge Tech Africa (Nigeria) – Entrepreneur of the Year
- Souhila Ben Lachhab (Algeria) – Musician of the Year
- Teacher Mpamire (Uganda) – Discovery of the Year
- Christopher Seagateng, Botswana Jobs for Graduates (Botswana) – Award For Youth Empowerment
- Zixtech Organisation (Cameroon) – Social Enterprise of the Year
- Manasseh Azure Awuni, Joy 99.7 FM (Ghana) – Journalist of the Year
- Dr. Kofi Osei-Kusi, Osei-Kusi Foundation (Ghana) – Special Recognition Award
- Gakii Biriri (Kenya) – Social Entrepreneur of the Year
- City Rydes Limited (Kenya) – Startup of the Year
- Nana Diaby, Phiphi Plus (Mali) – Media Personality of the Year
- Olalekan Ayodele Sipasi, L’afrika Integrated Farms (Nigeria) – Award For Agriculture
- Nuhu Ibrahim Alabura, Indian Dental Association (Nigeria) – Health Personality of the Year
- Muhire Jean Claude, Young African Leaders Forum (Rwanda) – Leader of the Year
- Adyne-Africa Diaspora Youth Network Europe (Somalia) – Civil Society of the Year
- Dirboga Bakoh (Irenee), Sukuvi (Togo) – Award for Education
- Sylivia Kakyo, Kakyo Girls Initiative (Uganda) – Advocate of the Year
The Awards celebrations will be hosted during the 2017 Heads of State Summit in Addis Ababa next year. The event will be in partnership with the African Youth Commission, Avance Media, Global Skills Exchange, My Naija Naira 88 Creatives and Dream Ambassadors Foundation GH.
More Obscene Videos From D-Black’s Beach Party Drop | WATCH
D Black’s Tropical Fiesta beach party was exotic and erotic at the same time. Being the first of it’s kind, the rapper and entrepreneur organised a 4-day beach party experience at the Maaha Beach Resort.
Videos coming in from the experience shows some very sensual scenes from the event.
More sensual scenes from D Black's beach party pic.twitter.com/jouNngezSy
— GhPage TV (@GhpageTv) January 11, 2021
D Black's Tropical Fiesta was indeed hell on earth pic.twitter.com/j2SLQH1pDS
— GhPage TV (@GhpageTv) January 11, 2021
Wife Catches Her Husband Secretly Marrying Another Woman In Church; Big Yawa Happens In The Church | WATCH
A lady physically caught her husband marrying another woman in church.
A woman stormed church premises during an ongoing marriage ceremony. She said the man having the marriage ceremony is her husband and that she is confused about what was happening.
The worried woman who was having her baby at the back explained that her husband even had sex with her that very morning.
The Reverend Father who was coordinating the marriage ceremony had to call it a quit.
Watch the video below:
President Nana Addo Wins African Political Leader Of The Year Award At The ALM Persons Of The Year 2020 Awards
The African Leadership Magazine Persons of the Year Awards committee has unveiled the Director-General of the World Health Organization, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus as the African of the year 2020; the President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, as the African Political leader of the year 2020; Graca Michel as the African Climate Champion of the year 2020, alongside 10 other distinguished Africans in a keenly contested poll.
The poll attracted over 120,000 votes on the ALM website; over 7 million active online engagement during the voting period; and over 5000 votes via email.
The winners shall be decorated and presented with Honour instruments on February 26th, 2021, during the annual African Leadership Magazine Persons of the Year Award ceremony.
This year, the event is billed to hold virtually and set to host influential Africans in business, politics, and all spheres of African leadership spectrum.
As has been the tradition, the winners were unveiled by the Publisher of the Magazine, Dr Ken Giami, at the U.K. Head Office of the group.
The announcement of the winners was preceded by the awards committee working with the editorial team to collate online and offline votes and submissions from the over 1 million subscribers/followership base of the publication.
The full list of winners as below:
African of the Year 2020:
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, – Winner
- Strive Masiyiwa, Founder & Executive Chairman, Econet Group, Zimbabwe – Runner-up
African Political Leader of the Year 2020:
- H.E. Nana Akufo-Addo, President of Ghana – Winner
- H.E. John Magufuli, President of Tanzania – Runner-up
African Female Leader of the Year 2020:
- Tiguidanke Camara, Chairman & CEO, TMG Group, Guinea – Winner
- Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary, UN Economic Commission for Africa – Runner-up
African Educationist of the Year 2020
- Professor Samuel Edoumiekumo, Vice-Chancellor, Niger Delta University, Nigeria – Winner
- Dr Patrick Awuah Jr. Founder & President, Ashesi University, Ghana – Runner-up
African Industrialist of the Year 2020
- Nicky Oppenheimer, Chairman, Oppenheimer Generations, South Africa – Winner
- Abdulsamad Rabiu, Chairman, BUA Group, Nigeria – Runner-up
African Philanthropist of the Year 2020
- Mo Ibrahim, Founder, Mo Ibrahim Foundation, Sudan – Winner
- Ayo & Helen Oritsejafor, Founders, Eagle Hand Foundation, Nigeria – Runner-up
ALM Young Person of the Year 2020
- Sadio Mane, Footballer, Senegal – Winner
- Eder Pale, Founder & CEO, Mozhandlings, Mozambique – Runner-up
African Agricultural Champion of the Year 2020
- Onyeka Akumah, Co-founder, FarmCrowdy, Nigeria – Winner
- Noel Doyle, Chief Executive, Tiger Brand, South Africa – Runner-up
African Climate Champion of the Year 2020
- Graca Machel, the former first lady and climate activist, Mozambique – Winner
- Agnes Matilda Kalibata, President, Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa – Runner-up
Africa Peace & Security Leader of the Year 2020
- H.E. Goodluck Jonathan, former president of Nigeria – Winner
- General Vincent Nundwe, Army Commander, Malawi – Runner-up
African Energy Leader of the Year 2020
- Kwameh Kyei, MD/CEO, Unity Oil Company Ltd, Ghana – Winner
- Nkechi Obi, MD/CEO, Techno Oil, Nigeria – Runner-up
African Public Health Champion of the Year 2020
- Dr John Nkengasong, Director General, Africa CDC, Cameroon – Winner
- Jean-Jacques Muvembe, Ebola Vaccine, Congo – Runner-up
Africa Disruptor of the Year 2020
- Kamal Yakub, Founder, Uber for Tractors, Ghana – Winner
- Ken Njoroge, Co-founder & Group CEO, Cellulant Corporation, Kenya – Runner-up
About African Leadership Magazine:
The African Leadership magazine is published by African Leadership (U.K.) Limited, a company registered in the United Kingdom.
The magazine focuses on bringing Africa’s best to a global audience, telling the African story from an African perspective; while evolving solutions to peculiar challenges being faced by the continent today.
Since its maiden edition, African Leadership Magazine has grown to become a leading pan-African flagship leadership-focused publication read by over 1, 200, 000 targeted international investors, business executives, government policymakers, and multilateral agencies Africa, the Middle East and Asia, Europe, and the U.S.
It is distributed at major international and African Leadership events around the world. The magazine has over 1 000,000 subscribers/Followers on Facebook and a virile readership on other social media platforms.
It is a niche and unbiased African voice born out of a desire to tell the African story from an African perspective by focusing on individuals and corporates known for their legacy-based approach to leadership.
Singles2 days ago
KD Bakes Is Gassed Up For 2021, Watch Out For A Massive Collaboration With Yaa Pono | LISTEN
Watch1 day ago
Shatta Wale Blasts Burnaboy Left And Right, Calls Him A ……. | WATCH
Watch1 day ago
Vybz Kartel Is Now A Free Man | WATCH
Watch2 days ago
KOD Clears His Name Over Alleged Property Fraud Case In New Video | WATCH
News2 days ago
Atletico Madrid Unveils Moussa Dembele Following His Loan Switch From Lyon
Media & Culture2 days ago
Edem Met His Fans At The Mall And Gave Them 5 Cedis Only To Split Among Themselves
Media & Culture2 days ago
Camidoh Signs A Brand Ambassadorial Deal With Ololo Express
Lifestyle2 days ago
Guy Followed A Lady With Big Nyash At UCC Level 100 To 400 & That Almost Made Him Fail His Papers; Got Depressed After Another Guy ‘Ate’ Her