Connect with us

News

Harry Maguire To Remain As Man Utd Captain

Published

on

Manchester United Head coach, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Harry Maguire will remain Manchester United’s captain this season despite his involvement in a Greek court case.

Maguire was given a suspended 21-month sentence last month after the England defender was found guilty of assaulting a police officer, swearing, resisting arrest, and bribery during an incident in Mykonos island, Greece.

The incident was allegedly sparked after Maguire claimed himself, his family, and friends were taunted and attacked at a nightclub.

Maguire, 27, has denied the offenses and has launched an appeal which nullifies the verdict.

The nullified verdict means he has no criminal record and can play football until his retrial begins.

Following the original court verdict, Maguire was withdrawn from England’s squad for their recent international trips.

United boss Solskjaer, however, says he will not punish his center-back by stripping him of the captaincy.

“He’s handled it really well and, of course, I’ll be here to support him,” Solskjaer told United’s website.

“He is going to be our captain. We’ll just leave Harry and his people and the process to run.”

“Of course, Harry, as you said, had a difficult summer. He didn’t have a long break,” Solskjaer said.

“His break was different from others as we gave him a few more days and, after, he’s come back and looked fine.

“For me, he is a top, an absolute top human being and has always been a positive guy with the right values. So I really hope we can see Harry performing at his best.”

Maguire joined United for £80 million ($102 million) from Leicester, making him the world’s most expensive defender.

Facebook Comments

News

Ismaila Sarr: Manchester United And Liverpool Enter Battle For Watford Star’s Signature

Published

on

Manchester United’s hopes of signing their number one transfer target Jadon Sancho before the transfer window closes on October 5 are diminishing by the day.

Dortmund has made it clear to United that they won’t budge on their eye-watering £108 million asking price.

Man Utd wants to sign the England international, 20 but isn’t prepared to pay a transfer fee that they deem to be excessive.

Unless either club backs down, Sancho will remain a Dortmund player until January at the earliest.

With just over two weeks to go before the window closes, United are now considering other potential options.

And towards the top of their list of alternatives is Watford’s, Ismaila Sarr.

The Senegal international impressed last season, despite the fact Watford were relegated to the Championship.

The Independent understands that United would need to fork out at least £30 million to sign the 22-year-old, who joined the Hornets from Rennes in a deal worth roughly the same amount in August 2019.

Watford’s relegation has weakened their hand and Sarr is the club’s most valuable asset.

However, in the news that will no doubt concern the United hierarchy, Liverpool also want Watford’s No. 23.

This is according to The Daily Mail, who claim the Reds have enquired about the winger and discussed his situation with Watford.

Sarr, the Mail add, is being seriously considered as a back-up option for Liverpool’s front three.

The report also says that Watford would want at least £36 million for the attacker, who scored six goals and provided six assists in 30 appearances in all competitions last term.

Two of those goals were scored against Liverpool in February when Watford recorded a shock 3-0 victory over Jurgen Klopp’s side.

But The Independent say that Liverpool’s budget is constrained, particularly after agreeing a deal to sign Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich.

This, in turn, may put United in the driving seat for Sarr’s signature.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Liverpool ‘Interested’ In Diego Jota

Published

on

Liverpool is reportedly interested in signing Wolves forward Diogo Jota. Jota’s absence from Wolves’ Carabao Cup defeat against Stoke on Thursday was shrouded in mystery.

The 23-year-old reportedly turned up at Molineux but left before the match started.

Jota was an unused substitute in Wolves’ 2-0 opening day Premier League win over Sheffield United on Monday.

And now Liverpool is said to be keen on the Portuguese star, according to The Times’ Paul Joyce.

After the 1-0 loss to Stoke, Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo was coy on what happened to Jota.

“He was not available for the game,” Nuno said.

“We have a short squad and all the options are good, but he and Max Kilman were not available for this game.

“He wasn’t available, these are decisions we have to make. We have to prepare the squad, have to know what is the moment of the season.

“It was a big turnaround, we have to take care of the players, improve our squad and our team and he was not available for the game. These are our decisions to make.

“I was watching the game. He was not on the squad list.

“There was no confusion. When a player is not on the squad list sometimes they see the match, if they are away, they stay at home.

“It’s because we have a bubble, we have to make a list, all those details. Nothing strange.”

Jota has been one of Wolves’ star players since their promotion back to the Premier League.

He initially joined the club on loan from Atletico Madrid in 2017, where he scored 17 goals to help them gain promotion out of the Championship.

Wolves made the deal permanent in 2018 and he has scored 16 goals in 67 Premier League appearances.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Russian Billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov Denies Man Utd Takeover Bid

Published

on

Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov has denied reports that he will be making an attempt to purchase Manchester United from the Glazer family, according to Daily Mail.

Reports of takeovers of Manchester United are becoming a regular occurrence but former Brooklyn Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has responded to rumors linking him with a takeover bid of Manchester United.

Prokhorov, who sold his remaining shares of Brooklyn Nets after initially being a sole owner, is reportedly looking to get involved in the sports industry again.

According to reports to the Daily Mail, however, the reports are said to be false: “Prokhorov, who invested heavily into the Nets before selling his share, is an individual who does have the wealth to fund such a deal but, for now, it seems he does not have any interest in a return to sports ownership,” the publication said.

Source have told the Daily Mail that Prokhorov, who has a valued net worth of over £8 billion by Forbes, has ‘no immediate plans’ to make a return to the sporting scene.

Manchester United fans will be glad to see the back of the Glazer family if that day comes but it won’t be Prokhorov who takes the club off their hands – for now.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Latest Stories

ad

Trending