Connect with us

News

Hazard Is Happy At Chelsea : Essien

Published

on

Essien

Clubs including Real Madrid continue to be linked with Eden Hazard, but Michael Essien remains confident he will not leave Chelsea.
Former Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien hopes Eden Hazard stays at the club and continues his impressive form.

Hazard was tipped to leave Stamford Bridge during the transfer window, with Real Madrid said to be interested, after admitting in July he was tempted to try “something different”.

However, the Belgium star later said he was happy to stay and has been exceptional under Maurizio Sarri this season, scoring seven goals in eight Premier League appearances and netting a stunning EFL Cup winner against Liverpool.

Hazard will have just one year left on his contract when the post-season transfer window opens in 2019, but Essien, who won eight major trophies with the Blues, is hopeful over his future.

“First of all, it’s still good to have him with us, he’s such a good footballer,” he told Omnisport. “He had a very fantastic World Cup and he came back and he’s been doing very well at the moment.

“Hopefully, he will carry the team until the end [of the season] and we will see. When you’re playing well, the big clubs will start coming. As I know, he’s happy at Chelsea so, hopefully, he can stay as long as he can.”

Chelsea’s 3-0 win over Southampton on Sunday moved them on to 20 points from their first eight games, with only Manchester City ahead of them in the table on goal difference.

Essien, twice a Premier League champion with the London club, is confident they can sustain a title challenge this term.

“It’s been good. They have had a very good start,” said the 35-year-old.

“They are playing very good football at the moment, winning games. Fingers crossed that will continue to the end.

“They can win it. The Premier League is there to be won, so fingers crossed.”

Facebook Comments

News

Finally! Manchester United Officially Confirm Odion Ighalo’s Loan Deal Has Been Extended Until January 2021

Published

on

Manchester United have officially confirmed that Odion Ighalo’s loan deal has been extended until January 31, 2021 after they reached an agreement with his parent club, Shanghai Shenhua.

In a statement, the club said: ‘Manchester United have reached agreement with Shanghai Greenland Shenhua to extend the loan deal for Odion Ighalo.

The Nigerian striker’s stay was initially due to end on 31 May but he will now remain with the Reds until 31 January 2021, enabling him to build on an impressive start to life with the club he supported as a boy.

Ighalo’s tally of four goals in eight appearances so far includes at least one strike in each of his three starts – against Club Brugge, Derby County (2) and LASK.

Today’s confirmation is a timely boost for United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, as he continues to prepare his squad for this month’s resumption of competitive football.’

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also thanked Shanghai Shenhua for allowing the 30-year-old to remain in Manchester longer than previously agreed.

“They [Shanghai Greenland Shenhua] have been great towards us, allowing him to play for his dream club,” Solskjaer said.

“It’s been a dream for him and hopefully he can finish what he started and win a trophy with us.”

Odion Ighalo, who signed for Manchester United on a short-term loan deal from Shanghai Shenhua back in January transfer window, has scored four times in eight appearances in all competitions before the suspension of the Premier League.

Congrats Ighalo…

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

11 Men Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old

Published

on

The Police Command in Jigawa State has arrested and placed in its custody 11 men who allegedly raped a 12-year-old girl.

According to the source, the men were arrested last Saturday 30th May 2020 after the police received a complaint of one of the suspects who is 57-years-old being seen trying to lure the girl.

After his arrest, the girl listed the names of all men in the community that have had sex with her at different times and occasions.

Abdu Jinjiri who is the state police spokesperson said: “A CASE OF RAPE IS BEING INVESTIGATED AT THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT (CID) IN DUTSE, SEQUEL TO A REPORT RECEIVED BY THE POLICE THAT A 57-YEAR-OLD MAN OF MA’AI VILLAGE, DUTSE LGA WAS SEEN AT LIMAWA MARKET TRYING TO LURE A 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL OF THE SAME ADDRESS, TO A SECLUSION SO AS TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH HER.

“AND TO THIS END, THE POLICE ARRESTED THE LISTED SUSPECTS.”

He concluded that the 11 suspects would soon be arraigned and processed to court.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Duncan Williams Son Calls For Hook Up From Slay Queens

Published

on

The son of renowned Ghanaian preacher Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams, known as Daniel who is considered to be the ‘black sheep’ of the family has called on slay queens who are interested in hookups.

According to the wayward son of the preacher, he is flying down to Ghana next week and is ready to make some ladies spend his fresh dollars.

He posted: “Hello all my beautiful Ghanaian queens and Goddesses.. papi the obroni 1 is coming home to gh next week so if you would like to spend my fresh dollars my dear pls dm me now cause availability is going swiftly.. god bless you my breasted angels ????”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Trending