Connect with us

News

Italian PM Mario Draghi offers his resignation after coalition falls apart

Published

on

Mario Draghi, the Italian Prime Minister, has offered his resignation after his populist coalition partner, Five Star, withdrew its support in a major confidence vote in the midst of a political crisis.

Since February 2021, the former head of the European Central Bank has led a unity government.

On Thursday night, July 14, Mr. Draghi announced his resignation in a statement after a key party in his coalition withdrew its support for his government over disagreements over whether to send arms to Ukraine and how much financial assistance to give to Italian families reeling from high inflation.

“I would like to inform you that tonight I will submit my resignation to the president of the republic,” Draghi told Cabinet members at a special meeting after the parliamentary vote.

“The pact of trust underlying the government has failed, he said.

“In recent days there has been the utmost commitment on my part to continue on the common path, also trying to meet the needs that have been advanced to me by the political forces,” he said.

“As is evident from today’s debate and vote in parliament, this effort was not enough. From my inauguration speech I have always said that this executive would only go forward if there was a clear prospect of being able to carry out the government programme on which the political forces had voted their confidence. This compactness was fundamental to face the challenges of these months. These conditions no longer exist.”

After he offered to resign, Italian President Sergio Mattarella announced that he would not accept the resignation of Prime Minister Mario Draghia.

A statement from Mattarella’s office read that the president, “did not accept the resignation, and invited the prime minister to appear before parliament to make a statement.”

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

Advertisement

News

Elon Musk accuses Twitter of fraud in countersuit

Published

on

Elon Musk has accused the social media platform, Twitter, of fraudulently holding back information about the company as part of a countersuit.

The countersuit by the billionaire and Tesla CEO alleges that Twitter committed fraud, breach of contract, and violation of a securities law in Texas, where Musk lives.

Musk’s counterclaims were filed confidentially last week and unsealed in a filing late Thursday at the Delaware Chancery Court.

Musk offered to buy Twitter earlier this year, then tried to back out of the deal by claiming the social platform was infested with a larger number of “spam bots” and fake accounts than Twitter had disclosed.

Twitter sued to force him to complete the acquisition. Musk responded by filing his countersuit.

Musk’s attorneys argue in the countersuit that Twitter “misrepresentations or omissions” distorted the company’s value and caused Musk to agree in April to buy it at an inflated price. They said Twitter’s own disclosures revealed that it has 65 million fewer “monetizable daily active users,” who can be shown digital ads, than the 238 million that Twitter claims.

The filing also said most of Twitter’s ads are shown only to a sliver of the company’s user base.

Musk’s team also accused Twitter of making too many major changes in recent months without consulting Musk, including personnel decisions and allegedly disobeying social media restrictions imposed by the government of India, which is Twitter’s third largest market. Musk had pledged to make Twitter a haven for free speech but has also said it must comply with the local laws where it operates.

In an unexpected twist, Twitter filed its response denying Musk’s accusations before Musk’s own counterclaims surfaced.

Twitter called Musk’s reasoning “a story, imagined in an effort to escape a merger agreement that Musk no longer found attractive.” The company, in particular, took issue with Musk’s estimate of fake accounts, saying the analysis relied on a “generic web tool” that designated Musk’s own Twitter account as a likely bot.

“The result is a distortion that Musk is hoping will nonetheless make waves,” Twitter’s response said.

The case is scheduled to go to trial on October 17. The Delaware court handles many high-profile disputes between businesses, such as Twitter, that are incorporated there.

Continue Reading

News

Adinkra Pie CEO and Anita Sefa Boakye expecting their first child

Published

on

A few weeks after their rumored divorce, the CEO of Adinkra Pie, Barima Osei Mensah, and his wife, Anita Sefa Mensah, were spotted out in public.

The couple shamed their detractors and haters as they subtly revealed to the public that they are expecting their first child as a married couple in a new heartfelt video that has surfaced on the internet.

Anita Sefa Boakye’s baby bump is clearly visible in the video, and a background voice can be heard hyping the couple and hinting that something significant is on the way.

The hype man also instructed Anita Sefa and her husband to embrace in order to humiliate their adversaries who support the dissolution of their union.

Barima Osei Mensha and Anita Sefa Boakye were branded a ”celebrity couple” after they shot into the limelight due to their glamorous wedding in 2021.

The couple has since had media lenses and public eyes on their marriage, and recent hearsays had it that their young marriage had hit the rocks which were later found out to be fake news.

Continue Reading

News

Legon: Residents of Mensah Sarbah clash with Commonwealth hall residents

Published

on

After residents of two halls got into a fight and some property was damaged, the University of Ghana was once again in the news.

The cause of the fight is currently unknown, but according to an unconfirmed report, a resident of Mensah Sarbah Hall visited the commonwealth hall, also known as the Vandals hall, and was attacked there by some vandals.

He hurried back to his hall while fuming and called for reinforcements, who joined him in storming the Vandals’ hall.

This sparked a significant altercation between the two halls, which resulted in the destruction of some campus properties.

A car on campus which was parked in front of Mensah Sarbah hall was also burnt by the angry students.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending