Connect with us

News

Jeff Bezos Divorce: Who Is Lauren Sanchez, The Woman ‘Behind World’s Most Expensive Split’?

Published

on

Jeff Bozos

Amazon boss Jeff Bezos yesterday announced his split from wife MacKenzie after 25 years of marriage.

And it’s now been claimed that the 54-year-old billionaire is dating news anchor Lauren Sanchez, who’s own 12-year marriage to top Hollywood agent Patrick Whitesell ended last autumn.

“Lauren and Jeff have been spending a lot of time together over the last year and especially the past few months,” the source told People magazine of the pair, who were spotted looking cosy at a Golden Globes after-party on Sunday.

“At first it was socially at parties… here and there. But their time together has definitely seemed to evolve, raising some eyebrows.

“Jeff has met a small group of Lauren’s girlfriends, too. The two of them are sort of thick as thieves right now.

But who is the stunning brunette who appears to have stolen his heart?

Lauren, 49, started out as an entertainment reporter on Extra – a position currently held by ex-TOWIE star Mark Wright.

She married Patrick in a star-studded ceremony in 2005, where guests included Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Hugh Jackman and Jessica Alba.

Gushing about their relationship, she once said, “I’d always ask my friends, ‘How do you know it’s the right one?’ Then when I met Patrick, I told them, ‘I so get it.’”

He has reportedly moved on with Lauren Sanchez

That same year she stepped down from hosting So You Think You Can Dance after just one series to have her second child, and has starred in films including Fight Club, The Day After Tomorrow, Ted 2.

In 2016 she took her career in an unexpected direction by becoming a helicopter pilot and setting up her own aerial film and production company, Black Ops Aviation.

“I had my job, I had my career, and then I found a calling. I loved entertainment and I loved filming, and so I got to combine all of it,” Lauren – who worked as a consultant on Dunkirk – told The Hollywood Reporter.

“I want to be in a helicopter all the time,” she said. “Life can be so chaotic with so much going on. Lift off and you’re in an energy space that no one else is in. It’s calming. When I’m up there, I’m completely satisfied. I’m like, ‘This is where I need to be.’”

The twice married mother-of-three is said to have met the Bezos’ through her husband, and she, Jeff and Patrick were spotted together at a party for the movie, Manchester by the Sea in 2016.

And Patrick apparently knows all about her new love.

Jeff and MacKenzie with their four children

“Patrick and Lauren have been on and off for a while and have been separated. [Patrick] knew they were seeing each other,” the insider told People.

For his part, Jeff revealed that he and MacKenzie, 48, – who have three sons and a daughter adopted from China – had a trial separation before agreeing to go their separate ways.

“After a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends,” tweeted the world’s richest man, who’s estimated to be worth £107billion.

“We feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other,” he continued.

Patrick, Lauren and Jeff posed for a group shot at a party in 2016

“If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again. We’ve had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects… though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends.”

The pair met in 1993 at investment firm D.E Shaw, where, in his role as vice president he interviewed her for the position of research associate.

Jeff and MacKenzie met in 1993

“I think my wife is resourceful, smart, brainy, and hot, but I had the good fortune of having seen her résumé before I met her, so I knew exactly what her SATs were,” he quipped to Vogue in 2013 of his novelist ex.

It is not known if they have a pre-nup, but in Washington all assets accrued during the marriage are considered to be owned equally by all spouses.

Facebook Comments

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Remove ‘Killer One-Door Buses’ From Our Roads : MP

Published

on

Following the gory accident which claimed about 60 lives on the Techiman-Kintampo highway, a Member of Parliament (MP) for the Odododiodoo constituency, Hon Edwin Nii Lantey Vanderpuye has said all one-door buses must be removed from our roads to prevent future accidents.

According to Mr Vanderpuye, it makes no sense for a bus carrying about 30 passengers to have only one door.

“There must be a law to regulate the buses on our roads. Even if we have to enforce it at the Parliament house, it must be done. How can you be carrying so many passengers in a bus with one door? How would they get out in times of emergency?”, he said on Peace FM Friday.

More than 60 persons are reported dead in a fatal crash Friday dawn at Amoma Nkwanta near Kintampo in the Kintampo North Municipality of the Bono East Region, along the main Kintampo-Tamale Highway.

Brong Ahafo Regional Commander for the Motor Traffic and Transport Department [MTTD] of the Ghana police service, Superintendent Stella Sedame confirmed that a VVIP Kia bus with registration number GT 3915- 17 from Garu in the Upper East Region heading towards Kumasi collided with a Grandbird bus with registration number GT 5694-18 from Accra which was heading towards Bolgantaga also in the Upper East Region.

Sup Sedame disclosed that many of the passengers on board the bus which was en route from Garu and bound for Kumasi have been burnt beyond recognition when the vehicle went up in flames soon after the crash.

According to her, the other bus, branded VVIP and painted red, veered into a ditch after the collision, killing dozens on board.

She could not immediately establish the exact number of dead passengers, but we are afraid the toll will rise.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Canadian Government Pledges $15M in Federal Music Funding

Published

on

The Canadian government will allocate 20 million Canadian dollars ($14.96 million at current rates) to the Canadian Music Fund (CMF) over two years, it announced Tuesday with its 2019 federal budget.

“With the growing importance of digital media today, Canadian artists—especially musicians and music entrepreneurs (e.g., producers, agents)—now face the challenge of marketing their content internationally and across all platforms, while also putting a greater emphasis on touring and live performances,” the budget report reads.

The CA$20 million increase is intended “to address some of the challenges faced by Canadian musicians in the digital era” so that “the Fund can enhance its support for the production, promotion and distribution of Canadian music.”

The passage adds: “For musical artists, these investments will create greater opportunities to innovate and experiment on a wider range of digital and non-digital platforms. This, combined with enhanced support for promotion—including more touring and more modern marketing approaches—will ensure that Canadian music reaches more audiences at home and abroad.”

Representatives of national music associations were swift in their praise — a contrast to last year, when the federal budget failed to mention any support for the Canada Music Fund. In 2016, the government committed CA$4.2 million ($3.14 million) to the music sector over two years. Now, with this new allotment, according to the Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA), adds to the momentum of that 2016 investment, supporting a program that has been “underfunded and over-subscribed for the past decade.”

“We are incredibly grateful to the Federal government and specifically our dedicated advocate, Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez, for showing their support of our industry,” said CIMA president Stuart Johnston in a statement. “We are keen to continue to work closely with government to ensure that these dollars are invested in the most impactful way, such as providing additional support for sound recording, international export opportunities, promotion, marketing, touring and showcasing, and the domestic development of our great artists.”

The Canadian Live Music Association (CLMA) called the announcement “good news” in its press release, noting other increases to the arts in the budget, such as CA$16 million ($11.97 million) over two years to the Canada Arts Presentation Fund (CAPF) and $CA24 million ($17.96 million) over two years to the Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage Program and the Celebration and Commemoration Program.

The CAPF program, according to the CLMA, “may positively impact” many of the association’s not-for-profit members. “Thanks to the program, our members ensure ‘homegrown talent’ can be discovered, in our own backyards. Export strategies rely on that career growth that comes from domestic touring and local audience development. The touring landscape in Canada is, among many things, an important breeding ground for the creation (and ultimately, global dissemination) of Canadian content,” said CLMA president and CEO Erin Benjamin.

With these new funding commitments, the total support to the Canadian music industry by the Government of Canada is CA$40.7 million ($30.44 million).

“Music Canada welcomes the Government of Canada’s increased funding to the Canada Music Fund and Canada Arts Presentation Fund as part of today’s budget announcement, but there remains much work to be done to address the Value Gap hurting the music sector,” said Graham Henderson, president and CEO of Music Canada, in a statement. “For labels and artists to be competitive and financially successful, they need a sustainable business framework.”

He continued, “Recently the United States and the European Union have taken steps to address the Value Gap. Canada has an opportunity to join the community of nations in protecting and fostering the careers of creators. During the Copyright Act review, the creative community was virtually unanimous in urging the government to repeal decades-old subsidies through which individual creators enrich billion dollar technology and broadcasting platforms. We sincerely look forward to working with the government to seize this opportunity while concluding the review of the Copyright Act.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

More Than 70 Passengers Dead In Tamale-Kintampo Accident This Dawn

Published

on

More than 70 passengers on board two buses that collided head-on in the early hours of Friday, March 22, 2019, on the Tamale-Kintampo Highway have died instantly, we can confirm.

The accident occurred at Amoma Nkwanta, a village near Kintampo in the Kintampo North Municipality of the Bono East Region, along the main Kintampo-Tamale Highway.

It is has been confirmed that a VVIP Kia bus with registration number GT 3915- 17 from Garu in the Upper East Region heading towards Kumasi collided with a Grandbird bus with registration number GT 5694-18 from Accra which was heading towards Bolgantaga also in the Upper East Region.

It is unclear what might have caused the collision but it is speculated that one of the drivers might have been dozing off and run into the lane of the other from the opposite direction.

All passengers, including that onboard one of the buses which was en route from Garu and bound for Kumasi, have been burnt beyond recognition when the vehicle went up in flames soon after the crash

The other bus branded VVIP and painted red, veered into a ditch after the collision, killing dozens on board.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

ads




Like Facebook Page

Trending

Trending

Follow me on Twitter

Trending

Trending

Trending

Trending

Trending

Trending

Trending

Trending This Week

Latest Stories

Top Trends

Trending