Connect with us

News

Joe Biden’s Campaign Raised $10M More Than Trump’s Campaign In The Month Of June : See Figures

Published

on

US President, Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden have both revealed the eye-popping fundraising records both campaigns received last month, with Biden’s campaign getting $10m more money than Trump’s.

The former vice president’s campaign announced on Wednesday night that they, the Democratic National Committee (DNC), and their joint fundraising committees got a combined $141 million in June, which was by far the campaign’s best monthly figure to date.

Biden’s campaign called it a “jaw-dropping sum of money”

Biden’s campaign also reported bringing in a combined $282 million with the DNC during the April-June second quarter of fundraising, which was another record.

Joe Biden

Meanwhile, President Trump’s re-election campaign reported that it and the Republican National Committee (RNC) brought in a combined $131 million in June and more than $266 million in the past three months, another record for the Trump campaign and the RNC.

Even though Trump was beaten in terms of donations in the last two months, Trump’s overall campaign donation outweighs Biden’s.

The president’s team and the RNC reported having over $295 million in their campaign coffers but Biden’s campaign and the DNC didn’t report cash on hand figures in their Wednesday night release.

Joe Biden

The president’s been raising money for his re-election bid since entering the White House three and a half years ago. And the re-election effort’s hauled in an unprecedented $947 million the past two years.

The last time Biden’s campaign reported it’s cash on hand was in May when they said they had a combined $122 million in the bank as of the end of May.

In an email to supporters, Biden campaign manager Jen O’Malley said the funds they were “a true testament that the people are standing behind Joe Biden.”

The campaign also said 68 percent of last month’s donors were new and that the overall average online contribution was $34.

Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale in his own briefing said that the “monumental June fundraising haul proves that people are voting with their wallets and that enthusiasm behind President Trump’s reelection is only growing.”

Facebook Comments

News

At Least 50 Killed And 2,500 Injured After Massive Explosion In Lebanon’s Capital Beirut | PHOTOS + VIDEO

Published

on

At least 50 people have been killed and over 2,500 injured after a massive explosion erupted in the Beirut port area, damaging buildings and vehicles in Lebanon.

Lebanon’s health minister, Hamad Hassan said — the figures were “preliminary estimates,” while adding that the blasts had caused a ‘very high number of injuries’ and huge damage.

“It is a disaster in every sense of the word,” he said in an interview with several television channels while visiting a hospital in the Lebanese capital.

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

The explosion happened at around 6pm local time at the city’s port, where warehouses are believed to contain explosive materials.

Dramatic footage posted on social media shows smoke billowing from a building in the port area before an enormous fireball explodes into the sky, sending a vast shockwave across the city that was heard and felt as far away as Cyprus – more than 200km (180 miles) away.

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

The afternoon explosion destroyed several vehicles and buildings including the house of former PM Saad Hariri, who has been confirmed safe by his party.

Beirut’s Hotel Dieu Hospital is said to have admitted more than 500 wounded patients and no longer receiving more, while Lebanon’s Red Cross confirmed many others were still trapped in their homes.

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

General Security chief Abbas Ibrahim said: ‘It appears that there is a warehouse containing material that was confiscated years ago, and it appears that it was highly explosive material.’

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

Prime Minister Hasan Diab has declared Wednesday, August 5, a day of mourning, and President Michel Aoun called for ‘urgent’ defence council talks.

Israel has denied any involvement amid escalating tensions with the militant group Hezbollah along the country’s southern border.

See more photos and watch the video below.

Update: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in LebanonUpdate: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in LebanonUpdate: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in LebanonUpdate: At least 50 killed and 2,500 injured after massive explosion in Lebanon

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Man City Signs Ferran Torres For €21 Million

Published

on

Manchester City has been able to sign Valencia winger Ferran Torres for €21 Million Goal reported.

Transfer insider Fabrizio Romano has stated the move is now ‘confirmed’, with the 20-year-old now contracted at the Etihad Stadium until June 2025.

Medical checks took place at the clinic of Dr Ramon Cugat, who has performed multiple medical operations with Manchester City in recent years – most recently, a knee operation on striker Sergio Aguero.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Manchester United And Jadon Sancho ‘Agree Terms On A Five-Year Contract Worth £340, 000 Per Week’

Published

on

Manchester United have reportedly agreed on terms on a five-year deal worth £340,000-a-week with Jadon Sancho.

The England international and Borussia Dortmund forward is on the verge of joining United with the two clubs in advanced talks over a deal worth £108million.

According to BILD, Sancho has now put pen to paper on personal terms and all that needs to be determined before the deal can go through is the structure of the transfer.

Manchester United and Jadon Sancho

Other reports claimed United would pay £63m upfront and then £27m and £18m over the next two summers.

Negotiations are still ongoing but are expected to be finished within the next week, with Dortmund set to make a staggering profit having signed the winger for just £8m from United’s arch-rivals Manchester City in 2017.

A fee of £108m for the 20-year-old would see him become the most expensive player bought by an English club, topping the £89m Manchester United paid to sign Paul Pogba from Juventus in 2016.

The deal would also see Sancho become the club’s second-highest paid player behind David de Gea and the third top earner in the Premier League.

Sancho registered 17 goals and 17 assists across 32 Bundesliga games last season.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Trending