Connect with us

News

Jose Mourinho To Work ON Manchester United In New Role

Published

on

Jose Mourinho

Jose Mourinho has been given a new job, but not as a coach. The former Manchester United manager left Old Trafford in December, and has spent his time since making the odd appearance on BeIN Sports as a pundit.

And now, despite being linked with various clubs across Europe, Mourinho has a new role in the media, where he will indirectly cover United.

His new show -‘On the touchline with Jose Mourinho’ – will be broadcast on Russia Today and will feature Mourinho offering ‘unique analysis’ of each round of Champions League action.

Beginning on March 7, that means Mourinho will be asked for his views on United’s last-16 games against Paris Saint-Germain among other ties, and his contract runs until the Champions League final on June 1.

In a trailer for his new show, filmed at an ice hockey game, Mourinho says: “I’m going to talk about football on RT, what else did you think I was going to do?” However, United fans hoping to hear about his exit from United will be disappointed, as the club reportedly inserted a ‘confidentiality clause’ in his severance packet.

Last month, a report said United inserted the clause in the package to make sure Mourinho does not talk about the circumstances surrounding his departure. And the report claimed United reminded Mourinho of that clause before his appearances on BeIN Sports’ coverage of Saudi Arabia and Qatar in the Asian Cup and Arsenal vs Chelsea in the Premier League.

Mourinho is said to have accepted the clause and United expect him to stick to the agreement, but it was also claimed United would have lawyers watching the broadcast to make sure. Mourinho has been linked with a return to Inter Milan and also former club Chelsea should Maurizio Sarri leave Stamford Bridge.

Meanwhile, David Moyes “should have been given more time” at Manchester United, says Peter Schmeichel, while Jose Mourinho would have been a better appointment than Louis van Gaal in 2014. Peter Schmeichel believes the man chosen to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson should have been given more time after enduring a tough start to his reign.

The Red Devils have endured a tough time on the managerial front since seeing Sir Alex Ferguson head into retirement. The Scot spent 27 years in charge of the Old Trafford outfit, but there have been five different coaches in the dugout in the six years since he departed.

Moyes lasted a matter of months, Ryan Giggs filled a caretaker post, Van Gaal managed two seasons, Mourinho two-and-a-half and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is now in interim charge. United legend Schmeichel has questioned some of the calls which have been made in Manchester, with it his opinion that persevering with Moyes would have delivered greater stability.

The iconic goalkeeper, who also feels Mourinho should have been landed sooner, told beIN Sports: “If we should have any regrets as Manchester United, that is that we only gave David Moyes seven months.

I think we should have given him more time, accepted that results weren’t going to be the way we hoped they would be and that playing would be a little bit different. I believe he would have grown into that role. He has the personality and he had so many things he needed to learn and he didn’t have anybody to learn them from.”

Facebook Comments

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Former UEFA President Michel Platini All Smiles As Is Released From Custody After Arrest Over Corruption In Football | PHOTOS

Published

on

Michel Platini

Former UEFA president, Michel Platini has been released this morning after being questioned as part of a corruption investigation into the awarding of the 2022 World Cup to Qatar.

Update: Former UEFA President Michel Platini all smiles as is released from custody after arrest over corruption in football (Photos)

The former star midfielder for France and Juventus who was all smiles as he left the Anti-Corruption Office of the Judicial Police (OCLCIFF) in France said he was asked several questions about tournaments, including the 2016 European Championship, the World Cups in Russia in 2018 and in Qatar in 2022.

‘It hurts. It hurts for everything I can think of, everything I’ve done. It hurts, it hurts. But after all, they did their job and then we tried to answer all the questions,’ he said.

The investigators also asked about French club Paris Saint-Germain, which was bought by Qatar in 2011.

Update: Former UEFA President Michel Platini all smiles as is released from custody after arrest over corruption in football (Photos)

Investigators are thought to be particularly interested in a lunch that Platini attended in 2010 with then-President Nicolas Sarkozy, the Emir of Qatar and his foreign minister shortly before the 2022 World Cup was awarded.

According to Daily Mail,  Platini had a hand in deciding where these tournaments would be played as the president of UEFA and as a vice-president at world soccer governing body FIFA.

Update: Former UEFA President Michel Platini all smiles as is released from custody after arrest over corruption in football (Photos)

Platini had denied any wrongdoing and French authorities did not announce any charges against the former France and Juventus player.

‘It was long, but given the number of questions it could not be different,’ Platini said after his release.

‘I feel totally foreign to any of these matters. This is an old affair, you know it, we explained it. I have always expressed myself with full transparency in all the newspapers. That’s it, it goes on, they investigate, they search.’

William Bourdon, Platini’s lawyer, said his client was innocent of all charges and that he had been questioned on ‘technical grounds.’

Update: Former UEFA President Michel Platini all smiles as is released from custody after arrest over corruption in football (Photos)

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

I Want To Go Home, Where I Should Never Have Left : Neymar Says He Wants To Return To Barcelona

Published

on

Neymar

Brazilian football star, Neymar has told his current club Paris Saint-Germain that he ‘wants to go’ back to Barcelona, where he should ‘never have left’.

Back in 2017,  the 27-year-old footballer swapped Barcelona for PSG in a world-record fee of £198million to become the world’s most expensive player. Now his future with the Ligue 1 champions look like is close to coming to an end following a series of issues between himself and the club.

PSG boss Thomas Tuchel, as report Mundo Deportivo, is said to be exasperated by the ‘problems’ Neymar creates in the dressing room and is not against a potential departure.

The 27-year-old footballer has now made private feelings about wanting a move back to Barcelona, where he admitted he shouldn’t have left.

Neymar is reported to have told PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi: ‘I do not want to play more in PSG. I want to go back to my house, where I should never have left.’

Further to Neymar’s desire to return to the Nou Camp this summer, Lionel Messi wants to see the Brazilian come back, according to El Mundo.

Their report details that the Catalan giants could try to ‘transfer their existing agreement for Atletico Madrid ace Antoine Griezmann’ directly to PSG, in a bid to secure Neymar.

This comes days after PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi took a swipe at Neymar over his behavior.

Speaking in an interview with France Football, Al-Khelaifi, who took over PSG eight years ago,he said: ‘I want players willing to give everything to defend the honour of the jersey and to join the club project,’ he said in an interview with France Football.

‘Those who do not want, or do not understand, we see each other and we talk to each other.

‘There are of course contracts to be respected, but the priority now is total membership of our project. Nobody forced him to sign here. Nobody pushed him. He came knowingly to join a project.’

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Media & Culture

Jon Benjamin Sends Nana Aba A Hilarious Birthday Wish

Published

on

Jon Benjamin

Former British High commissioner to Ghana, Jon Benjamin has sent Jon a hilarious birthday wish to GHone Tv’s News editor, Nana Aba Anamoah. She celebrates her birthday today the 19th of June, 2019. Nana Aba is, however, unwilling to reveal her birthday but it is believed that she is in her mid-thirties.

Many celebrities have sent her birthday wishes but one particular message, Jon Benjamin’s message has caught our attention. The hilarious diplomat took to his twitter to wish Nana Aba a happy birthday, he wrote;

”A very happy birthday to the wondrous @thenanaaba who is 24 today, though Sannie Daara showed me a freshly bought birth certificate proving that her football age is still only 18”

Nana is a TV host and journalist from Ghana. She had previously been working for TV3 before a controversial photo-shopped picture of her claiming to be at a game featuring Manchester United hit the internet. The picture caused so many rumbles online that she decided to quit from TV3 after she was suspended from the network. She later moved to GH One where she works today.

Happy birthday Nana Aba.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

ads




Like Facebook Page

Trending

Trending

Follow me on Twitter

Trending

Trending

Trending

Trending This Week

Latest Stories

Viewer’s Choice

Viewer’s Choice

Trending