Connect with us

News

Lionel Messi Blasts Barcelona For ‘Throwing’ Luis Suárez Out Of The Club

Published

on

Lionel Messi has launched a fresh attack on Barcelona’s hierarchy for the way the club treated his close friend Luis Suárez after the striker left for rival club, Atlético Madrid.

The Argentine playmaker, who threatened to leave Barça last month and recently hit out at the club’s president Josep Maria Bartomeu’s leadership, said Suárez was harshly treated and ‘thrown out’ of the club.

In an emotional goodbye post dedicated to Suarez, the club’s third-highest scorer of all time, Messi wrote: “I had already begun to imagine it but today I went into the dressing room and it truly dawned on me. It’s going to be so difficult to not continue to share every day with you both on the pitches and away from them.

“We’re going to miss you so much. We spent many years together, many mates, many lunches and many dinners. So many things we will never forget, all the time we spent together.

“It will be strange to see you in another shirt and much more to come up against you on the pitch. You deserved a farewell that fit with who you are: one of the most important players in the history of the club. Someone who achieved great things for the team and on an individual level.

“You did not deserve for them to throw you out as they did. But the truth is that at this stage nothing surprises me anymore.”

On Thursday, an emotional Suarez said goodbye to Barcelona and paid tribute to Messi after sealing a switch to Atletico Madrid. The Uruguay international had previously made it clear that he wanted to stay and see out his contract but was told by Barca’s new coach Ronald Koeman that his playing days were over at the club.

Suarez helped the club win four LaLiga titles, four Copa del Rey crowns, and the Champions League in 2015. He scored 195 goals and provided 113 assists in 283 outings for the club before his exit.

Facebook Comments

News

Finance Minister Requests GHS27.4 Billion For The First Quarter Of 2021

Published

on

The Minister of Finance, Ken Ofori-Atta, has today October 28, 2020, requested GHS27. 4 billion for the running of the country for the first three months of 2021.

“By resolution, the withdrawal of the sum of twenty-seven billion, four hundred and thirty-four million, one hundred and eighty thousand, five hundred and twenty Ghana cedis (GHS27,434,180,520.00) from the Consolidated Fund”, the Finance Minister urged parliament to approve.

“This is for the purpose of meeting expenditure necessary to carry on the services of the Government in respect of the period expiring three months from the beginning of the financial year or on the coming into operation of the Appropriation Act in respect of the 2021 financial year,”he noted.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Tax Records Show Trump Had Over $270 Million In Debt Forgiven After Failing To Repay His Lenders : New Report Alleges

Published

on

US leader, Donald Trump has had more than $270 million in debt forgiven since 2010 after he failed to repay his lenders for a Chicago skyscraper building development, a new report by the New York Times alleges.

According to the report published Tuesday night, October 27, after the Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago encountered financial problems, big banks and hedge funds granted Trump more time to repay his debts, much of which was ultimately forgiven by the banks.

The report also stated that Trump paid almost nothing as federal income on the forgiven debts because he incurred financial losses in his other businesses.

According to the report, Trump arranged for two of his companies to borrow more than $700 million for the Chicago development and went to Deutsche Bank for the majority of the money.

The bank agreed to lend $640 million to the project, the newspaper said, but after construction delays, the loan came due while portions of the building were still unfinished.

Deutsche bank initially granted Trump an extension on paying back the loan, but Trump sued the bank along with Fortress Investment Group which had provided a $130 million loan for the project, for not giving him another extra time to pay off the loan.

The report also stated that Trump charged that Deutsche had engaged in “predatory lending practices.”

In July 2010, Deutsche Bank, Fortress and Trump reached a private settlement without disclosing the terms, the Times reported.

This report comes a month after the New York Times reported that Trump paid no federal income taxes whatsoever in 10 out of 15 years beginning in 2000 because he reported losing significantly more than he made.

The report alleged that in his first year in the White House, Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes.

In response to the report, Trump Organization chief legal officer Alan Garten told the New York Times that the organization and Trump had paid all necessary taxes on the forgiven debts.

“These were all arm’s length transactions that were voluntarily entered into between sophisticated parties many years ago in the aftermath of the 2008 global financial crisis and the resulting collapse of the real estate markets,” Garten said.

Trump has never publicly released his tax returns claiming they are being audited by the IRS.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

My Hubby Spends More On Slay Queens Than On His Constituency; He Doesn’t Deserve A 2nd Term : MP’s Wife

Published

on

It’s no secret that most politicians in Africa are into small girls but sadly their wives have to endure this abuse just to protect the dignity and political positions of their husbands.

But not anymore, a bold woman who believes her husband who is a member of the parliament of Ghana has come out to caution her husband’s constituents not to vote for him because he does not deserve another term.

According to the wife, her husband spends more money on Slay Queens and side chicks than he spends on his constituency.

The MP’s wife explained that his husband followers slay Queens and spend so much big money on them yet he does nothing for his constituency but he always goes back to campaign for votes.

The woman explained that her husband mentions God’s name a lot in his campaign but it’s all fake and for hype. He does not fear God and he certainly does not care about his constituents.

“I find it difficult to understand how he can go to the electorates to convince them to vote for him again. The amount of money from his other account that he has been giving to two women I know he is sleeping with is more than any project he’s ever done in his constituency. I have had him followed for some time and have gathered a lot of evidence to stand on to divorce him. But like every other woman in my shoes, I am being tactical because of our children,” the worried woman bemoaned.

The MP’s wife shared the story with a Facebook relationship counselor, David Bondze. Although the woman went all out and mentioned her husband’s name. David covered the Honorobale’s name as well as the woman’s name.

Read the full message from the Ghanaian MP’s wife below.

Ghanaian MP's wife exposes her husband

In other names, Too Much Money, the popular Ghanaian man who was embroiled in a rape saga from a Slay Queen on social media has come all out to speak on the viral report.

According to Too Much Money, he never raped the girl, Nyamewaa as she alleged. It was a mutual affair and Nyamewaa walked away with all that she requested including iPhone 11 Pro Max and GHC2000.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Latest Stories

ad

Trending