Connect with us

News

Luis Suarez Reveals What Will Make Lionel Messi Remain At Barcelona

Published

on

Former Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez has revealed what will make Lionel Messi remain a Barcelona player beyond this season.

Messi nearly left Barcelona in the summer, telling the club he wanted to activate a release clause in his contract, before changing his mind in order to avoid a potential legal fight against the club.

The 33-year-old’s contract expires at the end of the current season and Suarez says he believes that Lionel Messi will stay at Barcelona if the club brings in a new board, which would include replacing current president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

According to Suarez, Messi believes Bartomeu has failed to build a winning team.

Suarez was shipped out of Barcelona last month when he joined Atletico Madrid.

“Out of respect for the relationship I have with Leo, I’m not going to say what we talked about at the time, but he lived through a difficult and complicated situation,” Suarez told ESPN.

“He wanted to leave and the club did not want him to. I tried to support him, take care of him, and distract him a little.”

Suarez believes that part of the reason Barca wanted to see him leave was that he had grown too close to Messi.

“I think they wanted to get me away from Messi’s side, perhaps it bothered them that I have a good relationship with Leo,” he said. “Maybe they wanted him not to be with me so much.”

“That Messi wanted to leave Barcelona was not a gesture towards me. They should have respected his decision to leave,” Suarez added.

“There may be the possibility that Messi plays for another club, but if he feels comfortable, happy again and another board arrives, he will want to continue at the club,” Suarez said.

“As a friend, I’ll be happy if he does well there and if he has to go to another club, I’ll be happy too.”

Facebook Comments

News

#EndSars: Man Gives Chilling Account Of How He Survived Gunshot Attack At The Lekki Tollgate | WATCH

Published

on

A Nigerian man who gave his name as Ayoola has shared the chilling story of how he survived Tuesday night, October 20, attack at the Lekki tollgate.

Ayoola who said he is a professional swimmer said the armed men who he described as soldiers started shooting at the protesters. He said he jumped into the river and that the alleged soldier pursued him into the river and continued firing shots.

He said he would have been dead if he wasn’t a good swimmer.

Watch the video below:

View this post on Instagram

Lekki tollgate

A post shared by Lindaikejiblog (@lindaikejiblogofficial) on

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Bola Tinubu Opens Up On Sponsoring Lekki Toll Gate Massacre | WATCH

Published

on

The leader of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has vehemently denied claims that he ordered military officers to shoot at peaceful #EndSARS protesters in Lagos.

Tinubu made the denial during a phone conversation with some aggrieved youths after the massacre in Lekki on Tuesday night.

The politician has been accused of masterminding the shooting which left over 50 protesters injured and over 7 people dead but in the phone conversation, he claimed he is innocent of the allegations.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

#EndSars: House Which Allegedly Belongs To Governor Sanwo-Olu’s Mother In Surulere Set On Fire | WATCH

Published

on

An apartment in Surulere, which supposedly belongs to Governor Babajide’s Sanwo-Olu’s mother, has been set on fire.

Business Day reported that eyewitnesses said the mother of the governor was removed from the house before the fire started.

This occurred after security operatives opened fire on unarmed #EndSARS protesters at Lekki Toll gate.

Here is the video below;

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Latest Stories

ad

Trending