Connect with us

News

Manchester City Plunged Further Into Defensive Crisis As Club Confirm John Stones Is Out

Published

on

Man City

Manchester City have plunged deeper into a defensive crisis on Tuesday when John Stones was ruled out for up to six weeks with a muscle injury.

Pep Guardiola confirmed that Stones is to be sidelined for at least a month at his pre-match press conference for City’s Champions League opener at Shakhtar Donetsk.

City are already without Aymeric Laporte, who will only return from a knee ligament injury next year, and Stones’s absence means Nicolas Otamendi is Guardiola’s only fit senior central defender.

“Injured this morning,” Guardiola said, regarding Stones. “A month, four or five weeks, six weeks. [It is] a muscular problem.”

Fernandinho, naturally a midfielder, is expected to slot alongside Otamendi in the centre of City’s defence, while youngsters Eric Garcia and Taylor Harwood-Bellis will provide first-team cover until Stones returns.

“It’s a challenge and they will do it well because my players are the best,” Guardiola said, when asked whether Fernandinho was ready to fill in at the back.

“We play with ‘dinho, Eric or Taylor. I will create something. That is what it is. Football is not how you handle the good situations. It’s how you handle the bad ones.

“This team has done it in the past. When we won the last two seasons seven titles, nobody gave us anything. We won for ourselves and we are going to do it again.

“The perfect ideal situation does not exist, it’s how you approach these ones. I am ready for the challenge. I like it, I like to live this situation.”

Stones’s injury – sustained while passing the ball in a training session – comes days after he and Otamendi were widely criticised for their performances in a shock 3-2 defeat away to Norwich City.

Fernandinho was in contention to start in the centre of defence against Shakhtar regardless of Stones’ absence, but the injury still comes at an inopportune time for Guardiola.

A six-week layoff would leave Stones sidelined until the final week of October. City travel to title rivals Liverpool on the weekend of 9 November.

“Something people don’t know is the spirit, commitment,” Guardiola said. ”Everybody makes a step forward to solve the problem we have. With ‘dinho, Eric Garcia and Taylor from the academy, we are going to go for the next month.

“Sometimes these situations happen. It’s happened. What we’re not going to do is complain. We have to make 11 players on the pitch, make extra effort, and I like to prove myself. To find a solution for the team.

“It’s for the players as well to step forward and contribution to this problem we have. Two important central defenders we have in John and Aymer are injured for a long time.”

Facebook Comments

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Ballon D’Or : List Of Nominees So Far

Published

on

Ballon D'Or

A version of the Ballon d’Or has been awarded by France Football magazine since 1956, but was merged with Fifa’s World Footballer of the Year award from 2010 to 2015.

However, Fifa ended their association with the Ballon d’Or the following year to set up their own – the Best Fifa Player award.

In September, Lionel Messi won that award in the fourth edition of the Best Fifa Football Awards, set up after football’s world governing body ended its association with the Ballon d’Or.

Meanwhile, Uefa’s Player of the Year award has been going since 1998 and was previously called Uefa Club Footballer of the Year (1998-2010) and Uefa Best Player in Europe (2011-16).

List of nominees revealed so far

Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)

Bernardo Silva (Manchester City)

Son Heung-min (Tottenham)

Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)

Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)

Alisson (Liverpool)

Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)

Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)

Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool)

Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)

Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona)

Hugo Lloris (Tottenham)

Dusan Tadic (Ajax)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)

Kylian Mbappe (Paris St-Germain)

Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Donny van de Beek (Ajax)

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal)

Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona)

Sadio Mane (Liverpool)

More to follow.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Cristiano Ronaldo Makes More Money On Instagram Than Playing For Juventus : New Report

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo

Fresh reports and data have confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo apparently earns more from Instagram than he does from playing soccer for Juventus.

The 34-year-old pockets an annual $47.8 million from paid Instagram posts, according to a study by social media firm Hopper HQ on Buzz Bingo. In contrast, his salary at Juventus is reportedly $34 million, according to Goal.com.

Ronaldo’s reported income from Instagram makes him the platform’s highest earner, ahead of Lionel Messi and Kylie Jenner.

Receiving a reported average of $975,000 per advertised post, Ronaldo’s Instagram earnings far eclipse the world’s biggest celebrities, including Kylie Jenner, Selena Gomez, and Emily Ratajkowski. He also beats footballing rival Lionel Messi, who is said to have earned less than half of Ronaldo’s total with $23.3 million.

Cristiano Ronaldo makes more money on Instagram than playing for Juventus - New Report

Amongst the brands Ronaldo has represented on Instagram are Clear Haircare, Nike Football, and Six Pad Europe.

“Ronaldo is the most followed human on Instagram (with 186 million followers) so companies are paying almost $1 million for posts to access his insane reach.

Due to his status as a celebrity and football star, his earnings from Instagram break away from typical influencer partnerships, as many of his promotional posts will be part of wider sponsorship deals, such as Nike.

You only need to go on his Instagram to see how many paid partnerships he does outside of the sports market” Hopper HQ marketing executive Nicola Cronin told Business Insider.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Young Man Dies A Day After Taking Pictures In Coffin

Published

on

In a rather bizarre development, a young man from Benue state, Nigeria has met his untimely death a day after taking pictures while sleeping in a coffin.

The man identified as Isaac Terkende, 21, a day before his death slept in a coffin and took pictures to share on social media.

The news went around the next day that Isaac had been involved in a car accident and has lost his life.

See his photos below.

Isaac has since been buried at Guma LGA in Benue State.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

ads




Like Facebook Page

Trending

Trending

Follow me on Twitter

Trending

Trending

Trending

Trending

Trending This Week

Latest Stories

Viewer’s Choice

Viewer’s Choice

Viewer’s Choice

Trending