Connect with us

Photo News

Man’s Blocked Ear Turns Out To Be As A Result Of A Massive Cockroach Hiding Inside

Published

on

A man who had a blocked ear he believed was due to water was left horrified after finding out it was a cockroach hiding inside it.

Zane Wedding, from Auckland, New Zealand, woke up with a strange sensation after he went swimming the day before.

He decided to go to the hospital as he could feel movement in his ear, even when sitting still.

Zane was originally prescribed antibiotics and was instructed to blow a hairdryer near his ear in an attempt to dry out the area.

However, the sensation would not go away after two nights of little sleep so he decided to see a specialist at an ear clinic.

Man

The doctor at the clinic was left shocked, letting out an “oh my god” which caused the patient to jump.

According to the New Zealand Herald, Zane was told: “I think you have an insect in your ear”.

For the next few minutes, the doctor tried to extract the bug but could only manage to pull the first half of a full-sized cockroach out.

To dislodge the rest of the insect’s body, a suction machine was used to successfully clear his ear.

Before discovering the insect in his ear, the doctor first believed Zane may have had a tumour.

He said the whole incident made him “physically sick”.

The shocked man told the New Zealand Herald: “I felt [my eardrum] pop as it came away. The lady who extracted it said: ‘I’ve never seen this before. I’ve read about it, but never seen it’.

“She kept saying: ‘Oh my God’. When she first said it I thought I had a tumour.”

Zane believes if he had not gone to get a second opinion, he could have been left with the cockroach still roaming in his ear.

He was also concerned after learning what was in his ear that the first doctor’s advice could have seen him essentially boiling up the cockroach.

He said “I was basically doing a boil-up of that cockroach. On Sunday, I’d be sitting still and feel something moving around. I was deaf in that ear for those three days.”

Photo News

Man Is Found Dead In His Home Surrounded By 125 Caged Snakes Including Black Mambas And A 14-Foot Burmese Python | PHOTOS

Published

on

A man has been discovered dead inside his home in Maryland, US alongside cages containing more than 125 snakes, including the highly venomous spitting cobras and black mambas.

David Riston, 49, a dad, was found dead at his home in Pomfret on Wednesday evening, January 19, surrounded by his caged pets – some of which are so dangerous they’re illegal to keep as pets in the United States.

Man is found dead in his home surrounded by 125 caged snakes including black mambas and a 14-foot Burmese python (photos)

Investigators are yet to say whether one of the snakes may have killed Riston.

Man is found dead in his home surrounded by 125 caged snakes including black mambas and a 14-foot Burmese python (photos)

Charles County Sheriff’s deputies were called to a home in the 5500 block of Rafael Drive in Pomfret at around 6pm on Wednesday night after receiving a 911 call from a neighbor, who said that he went to check on the homeowner, whom he had not seen since the day before, and saw him through a window lying unresponsive on the floor.

Inside the house, police officers found tanks on racks housing 125 snakes.

Man is found dead in his home surrounded by 125 caged snakes including black mambas and a 14-foot Burmese python (photos)

According to the sheriff’s office, there were no obvious signs of foul play and Riston was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore for an autopsy.

Man is found dead in his home surrounded by 125 caged snakes including black mambas and a 14-foot Burmese python (photos)

Jennifer Harris, a spokesperson for Charles County Animal Control, told the station WRC-TV that the breeds included rattlesnakes, spitting cobras, black mambas – the most venomous snakes in Africa – and a 14-foot-long Burmese python.

Just two drops of a black mamba’s fast-acting venom can kill a human by shutting down the nervous system and inflicting paralysis while a spitting cobra can spray venom from its fangs into its victim’s eyes from 10 feet away, causing blindness. Both breeds are illegal to keep as pets in the US.

Man is found dead in his home surrounded by 125 caged snakes including black mambas and a 14-foot Burmese python (photos)

All the snakes in Riston’s home were well-cared for by their owner according to Police. Police had to assure neighbors that if any of the other snakes have escaped, the cold winter weather will kill them before they get very far.

Charles County Animal Control Chief Ed Tucker said this is the largest private collection of snakes he has ever encountered in his 30 year career.

Continue Reading

Photo News

Little Girl Spotted Studying While Selling At The Market | PHOTOS

Published

on

A little girl has chosen to assume control over her fate by not permitting her conditions to restrict her.

In a photograph that has sprung up on the web, the youngster who we believe to be around the ages of 6 – 7 was seen writing a few things in a book she set on her thighs in what appears as a studying session for her while taking care of her mum’s petty business.

She was perched on an unfilled plastic can while zeroing in on the thing she was doing.

The fascinating thing about the image was that she was additionally selling a few groceries. Her current circumstance didn’t look excessively comfortable for studies however the young girl as determined as she is didn’t appear to be disrupted.

The photo has melted hearts on social media and some wished her all the best in her quest to become a successful woman in future.

Continue Reading

Photo News

Central Region: A Moving Truck Catches Fire At Mankessim; Two Escape Death

Published

on

A KIA truck with registration number GX 89 -12 carrying foams has caught fire at Mankessim in the Central Region of Ghana.

According to reports, two men onboard the truck escaped death by a whisker after the vehicle caught fire.

It is not yet established the cause of the fire but from an eyewitness report, smoke was detected from the foams and within a few minutes, fire quickly spread throughout the vehicle.

The driver, on seeing the extent of the fire hurriedly stopped the truck at the roadside near Obrumankoma FM a local radio station in Mankessim and fled.

We are told the youth around mobilized themselves and managed to extinguish the fire before personnel of the Ghana Fire Service arrived.

See the images;

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending