Connect with us

News

Meghan Markle’s Father Is Set To Testify Against Her In Court Battle And He Has Released Devastating Texts That Expose Their Bitter War Of Words Over Her Wedding

Published

on

Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle Sr. is prepared to give evidence against his own daughter in an extraordinary legal case.

Meghan’s estranged father is expected to be called as a key witness for the defence in a court case she has brought against a newspaper.

Mr Markle, 75, has given lawyers previously unseen text messages and letters sent in the build-up to Meghan’s wedding to Prince Harry that reveal the breakdown of the relationship between father and daughter. The messages set out how he made desperate attempts to mend their relationship after heart surgery forced him to miss her wedding.

Some of the messages were detailed yesterday, January 14, in defence papers filed at the High Court in London.

The documents say that after Mr Markle messaged his daughter saying he couldn’t come to her wedding because he had been rushed to hospital for emergency heart surgery and told not to fly on health grounds, he received a text that appeared to be from Prince Harry.

The message admonished him, accused him of causing hurt to his daughter and did not ask about his health. It left Mr Markle “deeply hurt”.

Replying to the text, Thomas Markle wrote: “I’ve done nothing to hurt you Meghan or anyone else … I’m sorry my heart attack is … any inconvenience for you.”

Meghan Markle

In another message, Mr Markle said that Meghan had effectively “written me off”.

The Duchess of Sussex launched legal action against the Mail on Sunday last year after it published extracts of a letter she wrote to her father in August 2018.

Meghan, 38, accused Mail on Sunday – the sister paper of the Daily Mail – of breaching her privacy, her data protection rights and her copyright when it published extracts from her letter to her father.

The Mail on Sunday filed its defence to her case at the High Court in London yesterday. It denied her claims and argued there was a “huge and legitimate public interest” in the Royal Family, including its “personal and family relationships”.

According to Daily Mail, the defence papers filed by Mail on Sunday also said:

Thomas Markle only released Meghan’s letter to the world to show it was not the “loving” plea her friends had been making out;

He had kept her handwritten note private for months, and only revealed it to expose “false” claims that the duchess had been reaching out to repair their relationship;

He only decided to release extracts of the letter to the Press after she had allowed her friends to talk about it first in the US magazine People;

That one of Meghan’s best friends, Jessica Mulroney, once intervened to try to fix a “favourable” press article for the duchess;

Mr Markle had insisted he made multiple attempts to contact his daughter by phone call and by text message, but received no response;

Meghan Markle

That apart from the August 2018 letter, Mr Markle had not heard from his daughter since he told her he was too ill to attend her wedding. He had never been introduced to her husband Prince Harry, nor met his eight-month-old grandson Archie.

Lawyers for Mail on Sunday said Mr Markle gave the letter to the newspaper after unnamed friends of the duchess told the People magazine that she had written the “loving” letter to her father in an attempt to repair their relationship. So Thomas Markle was forced to release the letter to show that it wasn’t “loving” as claimed.

Lawyers for Mail on Sunday alleged that Meghan had “knowingly” allowed her friends to leak details of the letter to the magazine – effectively that she had helped to breach her own privacy.

According to Daily Mail, if the case goes before a judge, Mail on Sunday said it would ask for Meghan to be forced to hand over all communications in which she had “caused or permitted her friends to provide information about her to the media or to seek to influence what is published about her”.

It could lead to the prospect of Meghan coming face-to-face with her father in the High Court.

Facebook Comments

Lifestyle

Mark Zuckerberg At 36 Becomes World’s 3rd Centibillionaire

Published

on

Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, 36, has become the third centibillionaire in the World.

According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Zuckerberg’s fortune has topped $100bn for the first time, placing him among members of the world’s centibillionaires’ club, after Facebook’s shares surged by 6% on investor optimism over the news the company plans to launch Instagram Reels, a rival to the Chinese video-sharing application TikTok.

Facebook announced the US rollout of Instagram Reels after US President Donald Trump banned US companies from dealing with ByteDance and Tencent, the Chinese owners of TikTok and the WeChat messaging service.

The 36-year old media magnate has now joined Jeff Bezos, the Amazon founder, and Bill Gates, Microsoft’s founder, as the only people who have centibillionaire status, the Bloomberg Billionaires Index said.

Mark Zuckerberg, who founded Facebook in 2004 and owns a 13% stake in the company, gained about US$22 billion this year.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

GES Dismisses And Bans The WASSCE Students Who Insulted Nana Addo From Writing The Exam

Published

on

The Ghana Education Service-GES in reaction to the recent indecent behaviors by the final year students involved in the notorious acts has dismissed and banned them from further taking part in the ongoing WASSCE.

In a press release, the Ghana Education Service to this effect has taken some stern measures against these students who were involved in insulting the President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo in different viral videos.

This directive by the GES is to serve as a deterrence to the other students writing the WASSCE not to follow their stead and put up the best of behavior so as to have a smooth running of the exams.

The GES, again in the media release noted that at the schools where properties were destroyed, the results of the candidates would be withheld until they pay full cost for their damage.

See below.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Lifestyle

John Mahama Has Secret Side-Chicks He Hooks Up With At Spintex : Afia Schwarzenegger

Published

on

Afia Schwarzenegger from all grounds for believing is done with the NDC and there’s no way she can make a U-turn in subsequent years to the party.

The comedienne reacting to a comment by a netizen under a post on Instagram has dropped another serious bombshell about ex-president John Mahama.

In the latest ‘exposè’, Afia Schwar alleges that John Mahama has side-chicks hiding somewhere in Spintex, a suburb of Tema in the Greater Accra Region.

According to the outspoken comedienne and media personality, Mahama has been giving money to these girls adding that she has more secrets to reveal if she’s dared by the NDC.

She dropped these damning accusations after this comment by the social media user; “You are not God to decide who wins the election u have only one vote n that is yours that alone can not decide who wins and who loss.”

She replied; “@moda.anabel but how will the People with the vote feel about ….the money he gives to his b*tches..Don’t Dare Me to tell Ghanaians about Jesus! Ask John Mahama about his spintex connection.”

Afia Schwar ready to go all out days ago threatened to drop more secrets about the NDC party as well should they came at her again.

This follows Diamond Appiah’s claim that she had been kicked out of the NDC due to her affection for posting nudes on social media.

In her reply to Diamond Appiah, Afia forewarned the NDC with these statements; “Dear Ndc, It will interest you to shut up or boycott this year’s election. You dnt want me to talk so dnt dare me. 4 more 4 Nana,4 more for free education, 4 more for development. I won’t warn you people again”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Trending This Week

Latest Stories

ad

Trending