Afrobeats artiste Fancy Gadam, has recounted how his mother tried to stop his music career.
According to Fancy Gadam, his mum was not in support of his music dreams and warned him not to pursue it because music was for dropouts.
“My mum went to sound engineers and friends who she knew could help my music career and told them never to help me. I don’t know how she was able to find out who wanted to help me, but she always managed to get that information. I had to lie most of the time about my whereabouts before I managed to start music professionally. It has not been easy getting this far,” he told Graphic Showbiz in a recent interview.
Asked whether his mum was now proud of his success, Fancy Gadam said she now supported him with prayers but had never attended any his concerts before.
“It is unfortunate my mother has never attended any of my concerts before. There had been a couple of times I personally invited her to my shows but she never turned up. Before I attend any concert, she prays with me. I believe I have made her proud with the achievements I have chalked up over the years,” he bemoaned.
Fancy Gadam has had some traumatic encounters lately. For instance. in June last year, eight of his fans died in a motor accident in Tamale days before he was set to hold a major concert at the Tamale Sports Stadium with Nigeria’s Patoranking.
The incident traumatised Fancy Gadam who was forced to cancel the concert and withdraw from the public eye for a while. In several interviews, he has indicated that he nearly quit music after that accident.
Last Saturday, October 5, Fancy Gadam managed to draw around 20,000 people to the Tamale Stadium to witness his Dream concert.
The occasion was also used to launch the Dream album, which is his fifth, and he told Graphic Showbiz that he was able to attain that feat because of his humility.
“I don’t give my fans anything but my humility does the magic. I almost cancelled the Dream album concert because of the heavy rains but I was amazed at the huge turnout.
Meanwhile Fancy Gadam, is currently promoting his new single, “The Dream”.
‘I Was Nearly Eaten Alive In A Village’ : Mr Ibu Shares Horrific Experience
Renowned Nigerian actor, Mr. Ibu known widely for his comic portrayal in movies has revealed how he was almost eaten alive by some cannibals in a remote place they went to shoot a movie.
Mr Ibu said that his colleagues had mistakenly left him behind at night after filming in the village when the near-death experience occurred. “My colleagues left me on set by mistake late in the night after shooting,” he told Daily Sun.
“However, the location manager had earlier admonished us to move in groups because, in the community, they eat human beings. However, it was quite late when we finished. We had two location buses and I was already sitting on the bus in front but because I was manager, I said let me organize the people on the bus behind before we moved.
“As I alighted, the bus in front zoomed off and before I made it to the second bus it also moved. I kept shouting as I chased both buses but nobody heard me and I was left alone.” Mr. Ibu said that his fear multiplied when he heard two male strangers speaking in a language he could understand, especially after remembering what the location manager told him.
According to him, the two men were discussing how tasty his flesh would be. The actor, born Mr Ibu explained that he approached the men and greeted them in the language they were speaking and they were surprised.
At this point, he said, one of the men told him to be prepared to run for his life as he was in danger. However, he revealed that a crowd kept gathering around him which heightened his anxiety.
Mr. Ibu said that it was at this time that his friends began to call out his name from afar.“They had returned just on time to rescue me with a team of policemen and vigilante. I was greatly relieved. The ordeal lasted for about two hours,” he disclosed.
Davido Shows Off His New House | WATCH
Davido is set to move into his new house at the plush vicinity of Banana Island.
This afternoon, the singer took to his Instagram stories to show off the crib which was built with an elevator.
In one photo he shared from inside the elevator, he wrote: ‘Always wanted to go up at the crib like this.’
Watch the video below.
Forbes Revokes Kylie Jenner’s Billionaire Status, Accuses Her Of Inflating Her Income
Kylie Jenner’s billionaire tag has been struck out by Forbes, months after being dubbed the world’s youngest billionaire.
Recall that in March 2019, the reality show star unseated Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, then 35, as the youngest-ever self-made billionaire (he was 23 when he made his first billion 11 years ago in 2008).
Forbes has now revoked the 22-year-old’s billionaire status, and also accused her of ‘lying about company figures and forging tax returns’ to reach the billionaire status in its report titled “Inside Kylie Jenner’s Web of Lies — and Why She’s No Longer a Billionaire”
The American business magazine which reviewed filings from Coty, the beauty giant which the mother of one sold 51 percent of her Kylie Cosmetics to in a deal valued at $1.2 billion in January 2020, found that Kylie’s beauty company “is significantly smaller, and less profitable than the family has spent years leading the cosmetics industry and media outlets to believe”.
Forbes further revealed that the numbers the Kardashian-Jenner family gave for Kylie Cosmetics were questionable, especially after comparing them to the numbers following Coty’s acquisition.
With this new information and the COVID-19 pandemic, Kylie’s net worth is now according to their calculations “just under $900 million.”
The report read;
“More than a third of that is the estimated $340 million in post-tax cash she would have pocketed from selling a majority of her company.
“The rest is made up of revised earnings based on her business’s smaller size and a more conservative estimate of its profitability, plus the value of her remaining share of Kylie Cosmetics—which is not only smaller than the Jenners led us to believe, but is also worth less now than it was when the deal was announced in November, given the economic effects of the coronavirus.
“Revenues over a 12-month period preceding the deal: $177million according to the Coty presentation, far lower than the published estimates at the time.
“More problematic, Coty said that sales were up 40% from 2018, meaning the business only generated about $125 million that year, nowhere near the $360 million the Jenners had led Forbes to believe.
“Kylie’s skincare line, which launched in May 2019, did $100 million in revenues in its first month and a half, Kylie’s reps told us. The filings show the line was actually “on track” to finish the year with just $25 million in sales.”
Stephanie Wissink, an equity analyst covering consumer products at Jefferies told Forbes;
“It’s fair to say that everything the Kardashian-Jenner family does is oversized. To stay on-brand, it needs to be bigger than it is.”
Forbes added that when they reached out to the Kardashian-Jenner family with “questions” on Kylie Jenner’s personal fortune which sits at just under $900 million (with more than a third of her earnings coming from the Coty sale), they stopped answering.
Trending This Week
- Leaked Tape Of Nigeria’s 2017 Miss Culture Surfaces Online | WATCH May 29, 2020
- SHS Students Sleeping Together In A Living Room Leaks | WATCH May 29, 2020
- ‘I Was Nearly Eaten Alive In A Village’ : Mr Ibu Shares Horrific Experience May 29, 2020
- Davido Shows Off His New House | WATCH May 29, 2020
- Forbes Revokes Kylie Jenner’s Billionaire Status, Accuses Her Of Inflating Her Income May 29, 2020
Media & Culture3 days ago
Wizkid Finally Confirms Break Up With Tiwa Savage, Hints On New Lover
Watch2 days ago
Outrage As 75 Police Officers Are Seen Guarding The Home Of The Minneapolis Officer Involved In The Death Of George Floyd | WATCH
Photo News2 days ago
PHOTOS Of Di Asa Lady, Ayisha Who Died After Showing Her Raw Boobs Online
Watch12 hours ago
SHS Students Sleeping Together In A Living Room Leaks | WATCH
News2 days ago
The University Of Minnesota Cuts Ties With Minneapolis Police Department After Death Of George Floyd
Media & Culture2 days ago
Donald Trump Reacts To The Death Of George Floyd After A Minneapolis Police Officer Knelt On His Neck
Media & Culture2 days ago
Reason Why Ahuofe Patri Was Sacked From The University Of Cape Coast Revealed
Photo News1 day ago
Model Decides To Show Off Her Boobs In New Pictures