Connect with us

Oluwatobin Oluwole Ajibade, popularly known as Mr Eazi, has explained the reason behind his tweet on Wednesday concerning the influence of Ghanaian music over that of Nigerian music.

On Wednesday, he tweeted: On Wednesday, he tweeted: “Ghana’s influence on present day “Naija Sound” cannot be over emphasized!!!”.

This tweet sparked a lot of controversies on social media following massive insults from mostly Nigerian subscribers.

In an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with KMJ, the Nigerian-born artiste explained that his tweet was influenced by a mix tape he is working on called Accra to Lagos.

He added that listening to sounds from Ghana and that of Nigeria, has made him come to a realisation that there is a lot of Ghanaian influence found in Nigerian music.

“I turned on the TV and I was watching a Nigerian top ten countdown and I could feel the Ghanaian bounce. Then I said that this just goes to show how the Ghanaian sound influence has influenced Nigeria…The world is a global place and fusion is working…,” the musician explained.

The Nigerian Afrobeat artiste added that a lot of people took it wrong and did not want to see the objectiveness in what he was saying adding it doesn’t undermine the beauty and quality of Nigerian music.

The ‘Bankulize’ hitmaker explained that he has always been the type that goes on twitter to speak his mind and that is what has brought him this far. Moreover, he says this is not the first time he is being ‘attacked’ on social media.

Source: Myjoyonline.com

Facebook Comments

Media & Culture

Kanye West Reacts To Claims Jay Z Allegedly Sold Kanye’s Masters In Order To Get His Own Back

Published

on

Kanye West has defended Jay Z after it was alleged that the latter sold Kanye’s Masters to get his own back.

Kanye, who had been temporarily banned from Twitter for sharing a journalist’s phone number on his timeline, returned to the platform today to react the claims Jay Z sold him out.

Kanye, 43, tweeted screenshots of a post by blogger Akademiks, featuring the headline, “Jay Z Allegedly Sold Kanye’s Masters to Get Own Masters Back.”

Kanye West reacts to claims Jay Z allegedly sold Kanye

Reacting Kanye said Jay is his brother and the media shouldn’t come between them.

Kanye wrote: “Don’t let the system pit us against each other. JAY IS MY BROTHER … I have eternal love for all artists that have been through and are still trapped in this crooked system. Jay still doesn’t get his own masters back for ten years. I will see to it that we all get our masters.”

Kanye West reacts to claims Jay Z allegedly sold Kanye

He added: “we will change the paradigm.”

Kanye, who is battling Universal Music Group for ownership of his masters, posted his entire contract on Twitter earlier this week.

Several music industry executives who read through the contracts concluded that Jay Z sold Kanye’s first six albums in order to get his own masters back.

@lavidaNOTA, a South African label owner, wrote: “Kanye contracts SUMMARY: Apart from the inducement which Kanye had to sign to get his advances. This shows that Jay Z sold the masters to first 6 @kanyewest’s albums just so he could get his own back. He did so knowing Def Jam won’t sell them back to Kanye in future. That’s BEEF!

“[Kanye] owns album[s] 7-10 but the most lucrative and most critically acclaimed albums are owned by Roc-A-Fella which is wholly owned by Def Jam… The majors will never sell you your masters because that’s what gives them market share and drives profits and Jay Z knew that.”

However, Kanye’s recent tweet disputes this claim.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Media & Culture

Dr Dre’s Wife, Nicole Claims He Secretly Transferred His Stage Name And Other Assets To Avoid Losing Them In Their Divorce Battle

Published

on

Hip Hop mogul and producer, Dr Dre’s estranged wife, Nicole has stated that Dre secretly transferred valuable assets like his stage name and “The Chronic” to himself recently after they split in order to avoid losing them to her when their divorce battle started.

But Dre and his management have debunked her story calling them “ridiculous” and an attempt to embarrass him into submission.

Dre and Nicole have been in the middle of a messy divorce battle where she is asking for almost $2 million a month in spousal support after finding out she can’t get half of his properties and wealth because she signed a prenup agreement.

Nicole says she signed the prenup under duress and that Dre ripped it up several years into the marriage, actions Dre strongly denies.

Nicole Young, in new legal documents, claims Dre created a solely-owned, brand new holding company and transferred into it what she claims is joint property — trademarks for “Dr. Dre” and “The Chronic.” Nicole says it’s a blatant attempt to hide assets that are community property.”

According to Nicole’s legal docs, she says Dre transferred the trademarks after he allegedly kicked her out of their home, and before he threatened on June 27, 2020, to divorce her.

Nicole then took advantage of the heads up and filed for divorce just 2 days later.

Nicole calls Dre’s move an “epic failure and reveals the true nature of his character or lack thereof.” Nicole says the Dre trademark was first filed in 1997 — when they were already married.

Nicole also claims she was the victim of physical, emotional, and financial abuse during their marriage. She does not outline specific instances of abuse. Our Dre sources say to that

But a Dre source has denied her claims, telling TMZ:
“They were married in 1996. Chronic came out in ’92 and Dr. Dre used his name since the ’80s, so it’s all his and his alone.”

“It’s the act of a desperate woman who finally realized that the iron-clad prenup she signed doesn’t win her the lottery.”

“In their 26 years together, there has never been any hint or claim of threatened or actual physical violence and the insinuation is an insult to actual victims of domestic abuse.”

“There was one incident of violence 30 years ago not involving Nicole — and Dre paid the price for it.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Media & Culture

Adrienne Nicole Addresses Issues On Viral Sextape Involving D-Black

Published

on

Adrienne Nicole the Woman in leaked Sextape with Ghana Rapper DBlack speaks out after the video went viral.

Adrienne Nicole is a Philanthropist and American Politician who lives a private quite personal life. Since this video has gone viral she has been devastated.

About a week ago Adrienne lost her phone at the airport while traveling.

Then a few days later on Monday, September 14, 2020. Adrienne started receiving messages from individuals demanding money and if not paid they would start posting personal pictures and videos of her and the Ghana Celebrity. Adrienne Nicole ignored the attempts at extortion and instead reported to local authorizes. Within 48 hours the individual contacted Adrienne Nicole again demanding payment by end of the day or they would start releasing videos of her and her Ex-Boyfriend (Ghanaian Celebrity, DBlack).

Again, Adrienne Nicole did not respond and forwarded the 2nd correspondence to the authorities as well. Then within hours the sex tape was leaked online and has since been posted and shared thousands of times across the internet. Due to the overwhelming response to the leaked videos, she made a complaint to the cybersecurity team to take down the visuals from the internet. Adrienne Nicole and her team further reached out to news/media and social platforms reporting the videos and asking them to take them down but as soon as a video is taken down, more popup.

We spoke to Adrienne Nicole who has since gone dark on social media and she had this to say:

“I have no idea how to handle this. This feels like a crazy dream. I cannot believe someone would do this to me and my Ex. There are hundreds of pictures and videos of him and I, on that phone and I don’t know what to do if more are released. Those were private moments and memories. We broke up and were taking a break but I never seen anything like this happening! This was a personal part of my life never meant to be shared with the World and I am still processing what’s happening to me right now” – Adrienne Nicole.

Adrienne Nicole is now working with her local authorities and local Ghanaian authorizes to get the videos taken down and keep any more videos from being leaked. See her video statement below. Anyone who needs to assist in this or reach out locally to Adrienne can contact her Ghanaian Publicist, Elorm Beenie on +233266633090.

Here is how she detailed everything in a video:

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Trending