Connect with us

News

National Road Safety Authority Hints Of Banning Movie Showing In Buses

Published

on

National Road Safety Authority

The National Road Safety Authority has hinted that as part of plans to reduce the number of road accidents in the country, they are thinking of banning movies been shown in buses.

It is now a common practice in the country that when one is embarking on a long journey he/she is entertained by some movie been shown in the buses until they get to their final destination.

But according to the Road safety authority, television is a major agent of distraction for both the drivers and the passenger and the least distracted one becomes can cause an accident.

David Abunyah who is the Eastern regional Road Safety Advocate of the National Road Safety Authority during a recent interview on radio stated that keeping the television on in vehicles distract passengers from their role of monitoring and keeping a check on speeding drivers.

Quoting the commissions act to back his comment he disclosed that section 189 of the Road Safety Acts is against TVs in vehicles and on dashboards.

“(1) a person shall not use or operate a television monitor or a similar device on the dashboard of a motor vehicle while the motor vehicle is in motion.

(2) A person who contravenes sub-regulation commits an offense and is liable on summary conviction to a fine of not more than twenty-five penalty units or to a term of imprisonment of not more than thirty days or to both”

Shifting his attention unto the passengers, Mr. Abunyah bemoaned the fact that because the passengers become so engulfed in watching TV in vehicles their focus is turned off the road making them unaware of what goes on or what the driver is up to.

He also mentioned that preaching in buses is another source of distraction to drivers and passengers which must not be allowed.

He quickly advised passengers to engage drivers to know if they have their driver’s license before they board their cars.

Facebook Comments
Advertisement

News

Kufour Was Determined To Jail Me At All Cost : Tsatsu Tsikata

Published

on

Tsatsu Tsikata has said in an interview that the Kufuor administration was keen on putting him behind bars.

The lawyer and academician claimed that this was because of his great relationship with former President Rawlings.

According to him, the Kufuor administration, was determined to wipe out the legacy of the former late president in the country’s oil and gas industry.

Tsatsu who is the lead counsel for John Dramani Mahama in the ongoing election petition trial, added that former president Kufuor was determined to make him spend jail time by “hook or crook” during his tenure in office.

It could be recalled that the Accra Fast Track High Court, in June 2008, convicted the former Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC), Chief Executive, giving him a five-year jail term for wilfully causing financial loss to the State.

He was charged with three counts of wilfully causing financial loss of GHS230,000 (2.3 billion old Ghana cedis) to the State through a loan he guaranteed for Valley Farms, a private company, on behalf of GNPC and another count of misapplying public property.

In a conversation with KSM on the KSM show, Tsikata mentioned that he became a target of the Kufour administration because he was close to late former President Rawlings.

“They had to find something. I could see by the beginning of 2001, the determination, by hook or crook to find something against me. That is what led to all these interesting cases against me,” he said.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Covid-19 Vaccine To Be Made Compulsory By Government Of Ghana

Published

on

Government hints on making covid-19 vaccines compulsory to every Ghanaian.

Earlier on Monday 1st March 2021, the Government of Ghana, His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwah Akuffo Addo and his wife Rebecca Akuffo Addo became the first Ghanaians to take the covid-19 vaccines.

A day after, many government officials including the former president John Dramani Mahama and his wife Lordina Mahama also took their jab.

However, earlier today 3rd March 2021, there are rumours circulating on social media and radio stations that the government has decided to make it compulsory for those hesitating on taking the covid-19 jab.

According to the Minister of health Kwaku Agyeman Manu, the government is looking forward to make the vaccines compulsory when necessary but will not rule it out completely.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Gunshots Heard From Jubilee House Causes Fear, Confusion And Stir

Published

on

In the early hours of Wednesday 3rd March 2021, gunshots were heard from the Jubilee house of Ghana where the office of the president located.

It is quite unclear what might have caused the gunshots which the office of the presidency has still refused to comment about.

But according to information gathered the gunshots which were heard in the morning were the gunshots of the Ghana armed forces (GAF).

It is believed that the Ghana armed forces were rehearsing for upcoming Ghana’s 64th independence day celebration.

This year’s independence day celebration out from the ordinary will be held at the forecourt of the jubilee house with just a few people in attendance.

This is due to the measures taken to fight against the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Latest Stories

ad

Trending