Connect with us

Top Articles

PHOTOS From The 61st Independence Anniversary Ceremony In Abuja

Published

on

President Buhari, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Speaker of the House of Representatives Femi Gbajabiamila led other Nigerians to celebrate the 61st Independence day anniversary today October 1.

See more photos below

Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja
Photos from the 61st Independence anniversary ceremony in Abuja

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Britain’s richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe says he wants to buy Manchester United

Published

on

Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Britain’s richest man, is interested in buying a stake in Manchester United, if the Glazers are willing to sell the crisis club.

Pressure is mounting on the American owners after yet another dismal start to the Premier League season. Former director Michael Knighton has already outlined his intentions to complete a hostile takeover, with boyhood United fan and Ineos CEO Ratcliffe now ready to join the consortium.

Ratcliffe was one of the parties interested in buying Chelsea this year and has previously distanced himself from acquiring United. But in a new statement, he has now declared he would be a willing investor. “If the club is for sale, Jim is definitely a potential buyer,” Ratcliffe’s spokesperson told the Times. “If something like this was possible, we would be interested in talking with a view to long-term ownership.”

The announcement comes just hours after reports have emerged that the Glazers, who have owned United for 17 tumultuous years, are considering selling a minority stake in the club. It is understood that preliminary discussions have taken place about offloading shares and bringing in fresh investment.

And Radcliffe believes a cash injection is required, to help fund not only an improvement off the pitch, but to upgrade the facilities off it. “This is not about the money that has been spent or not spent. Jim is looking at what can be done now and, knowing how important the club is to the city, it feels like the time is right for a reset.”

However, hopes of a rapid transferring of power remain faint, with the current owners steadfast they will not completely relinquish control. That is despite yet more protests planned by supporters, with a number of supporters set to demonstrate outside Old Trafford before Monday night’s game at Liverpool.

Knighton has spoken in clear terms about how he hopes to oust the Glazers, although there are reservations about his capacity to complete a deal having infamously failed in an attempt to buy them in 1989.

Nevertheless, he has revealed that he has been in discussions with a number of billionaires in an attempt to match the £6bn valuation and had stated he was hoping to “smoke out” Ratcliffe.

“They are small-time billionaires that I have been speaking to for three to four months now”, Knighton explained to ITV News. “When I was approached by some fan groups, oddly enough, saying ‘look, our club is dying on its feet’ would you please do something?’

“I made a few phone calls and I’ve been pulling this consortium together ever since. We are not the great Sir Jim Ratcliffe. We do not have those resources. We are not some nation state sovereign fund who has oil revenue of two billion a day. The point is: someone had to make a stand.”

On potentially including Ratcliffe in the takeover, Knighton added: “If we can smoke the great Sir Jim out to buy Manchester United my consortium will be punching the air because we’ve achieved what we want to do.

“We will make the bid with our own consortium but, I’ll tell you this, we do not have the resources available to do everything that is needed.”

Continue Reading

News

American billionaires Glazer family ready to sell 49% stake in Manchester United as pressure mounts from supporters

Published

on

The Glazer family are reportedly ready to sell a minority stake of Manchester United after holding preliminary talks with investors.

The billionaire American brothers, Joel, Bryan and Avram Glazer have come under mounting pressure from supporters to sell the club, following failure to significantly strengthen the squad since Erik ten Hag’s appointment.

Eight players have left the club this summer, while a 25% reduction in salaries has kicked in after United’s failure to qualify for the Champions League.

However, the club’s net spend is just £50m so far this summer, with United signing Lisandro Martinez, Christian Eriksen and Tyrell Malacia.

Supporters protested outside Old Trafford on the opening weekend of the season, before Ten Hag’s side were beaten by Brighton.

Another protest is planned for Liverpool’s visit to Old Trafford next Monday, with some supporters planning to ’empty’ the stadium.

A new Bloomberg report on Wednesday, August 17 now says the Glazers are ready to bow to fans pressure but are not yet ready to cede full control.

The report stated that the brothers are willing to sell a minority stake which would mean selling up to 49% of the club and with the club valued at £5bn, they could raise around £2.4bn.

The Glazer family have saddled United with current debt levels of around £500m, while they’ve taken almost £1.5bn out of the club since their takeover in 2005.

Continue Reading

Media & Culture

Swizz Beatz and Timbaland sue social media platform Triller for $28million over Verzuz payment

Published

on

Hip Hop producers, Swizz Beatz and Timbaland have sued Triller for breach of contract, alleging the social media platform owes them more than $28 million after acquiring their live-streaming music series Verzuz.

Recall in March 2021, Triller announced it was acquiring Verzuz for an undisclosed amount in a deal that made Swizz Beatz and Timbaland shareholders in its parent company Triller Network.

According to the lawsuit, Swizz Beatz and Timbaland agreed to sell Verzuz to Triller back in Jan. 2021 but they said the company began missing payments in Jan. 2022, skipping out on a large settlement promised in March. Under its terms, Triller was supposed to pay them $9 million each no later than March 17. After that, Triller would pay them $500,000 each on the first of the month for 10 months.

Triller again defaulted on the agreement, according to the lawsuit. The company did not pay the $18 million in March, nor did it make any of the $1 million monthly installment payments. In April, Timbaland and Swizz Beatz sent out a notice and demand for payment, but Triller still hasn’t paid up.

“To date, Defendants have failed and refused to make any payment to [Swizz Beatz and Timbaland] of the past due sums due and owing,” the lawsuit reads.

In addition to the $28 million the beat makers are requesting, they are also looking to get interest on that amount.

The two music producers launched Verzuz, a musical duel on Instagram just after the COVID-19 pandemic hit the United States in March 2020, and they squared off in the first performance in March 2020.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending