Connect with us

News

Portuguese Youngster Joao Felix Named 2019 Golden Boy Winner Ahead Of Jadon Sancho And Kai Havertz

Published

on

Joao Felix

Portuguese and Atletico Madrid superstar, Joao Felix has won the Golden Boy award for 2019 ahead of Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and Bayer Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz.

The 20-year-old youngster earned global recognition after scoring 18 goals last season for his former club Benfica . His outstanding performances earned him a £113million move to Spanish football club, Atletico Madrid earlier this summer.

On being named the 2019 Golden Boy winner, Felix said: ‘Thanks to Tuttosport for the Golden Boy Award 2019, I am very proud.

‘It is the second time that a player from Atletico Madrid has won this award and I am happy.

‘Thanks also to Benfica, in particular to coach Bruno Lage for all he has done for me and my family that is always close to me.’

Borussia Dortmund and England footballer, Sancho finished as runner-up for the prize.

SEE PAST GOLDEN BOY WINNERS BELOW.

2003: Rafael van der Vaart

2004: Wayne Rooney

2005: Lionel Messi

2006: Cesc Fabregas

2007: Sergio Aguero

2008: Anderson

2009: Alexandre Pato

2010: Mario Balotelli

2011: Mario Gotze

2012: Isco

2013: Paul Pogba

2014: Raheem Sterling

2015: Anthony Martial

2016: Renato Sanches

2017: Kylian Mbappe

2018: Mattijs de Ligt

Facebook Comments

News

Kufour Was Determined To Jail Me At All Cost : Tsatsu Tsikata

Published

on

Tsatsu Tsikata has said in an interview that the Kufuor administration was keen on putting him behind bars.

The lawyer and academician claimed that this was because of his great relationship with former President Rawlings.

According to him, the Kufuor administration, was determined to wipe out the legacy of the former late president in the country’s oil and gas industry.

Tsatsu who is the lead counsel for John Dramani Mahama in the ongoing election petition trial, added that former president Kufuor was determined to make him spend jail time by “hook or crook” during his tenure in office.

It could be recalled that the Accra Fast Track High Court, in June 2008, convicted the former Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC), Chief Executive, giving him a five-year jail term for wilfully causing financial loss to the State.

He was charged with three counts of wilfully causing financial loss of GHS230,000 (2.3 billion old Ghana cedis) to the State through a loan he guaranteed for Valley Farms, a private company, on behalf of GNPC and another count of misapplying public property.

In a conversation with KSM on the KSM show, Tsikata mentioned that he became a target of the Kufour administration because he was close to late former President Rawlings.

“They had to find something. I could see by the beginning of 2001, the determination, by hook or crook to find something against me. That is what led to all these interesting cases against me,” he said.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Covid-19 Vaccine To Be Made Compulsory By Government Of Ghana

Published

on

Government hints on making covid-19 vaccines compulsory to every Ghanaian.

Earlier on Monday 1st March 2021, the Government of Ghana, His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwah Akuffo Addo and his wife Rebecca Akuffo Addo became the first Ghanaians to take the covid-19 vaccines.

A day after, many government officials including the former president John Dramani Mahama and his wife Lordina Mahama also took their jab.

However, earlier today 3rd March 2021, there are rumours circulating on social media and radio stations that the government has decided to make it compulsory for those hesitating on taking the covid-19 jab.

According to the Minister of health Kwaku Agyeman Manu, the government is looking forward to make the vaccines compulsory when necessary but will not rule it out completely.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Gunshots Heard From Jubilee House Causes Fear, Confusion And Stir

Published

on

In the early hours of Wednesday 3rd March 2021, gunshots were heard from the Jubilee house of Ghana where the office of the president located.

It is quite unclear what might have caused the gunshots which the office of the presidency has still refused to comment about.

But according to information gathered the gunshots which were heard in the morning were the gunshots of the Ghana armed forces (GAF).

It is believed that the Ghana armed forces were rehearsing for upcoming Ghana’s 64th independence day celebration.

This year’s independence day celebration out from the ordinary will be held at the forecourt of the jubilee house with just a few people in attendance.

This is due to the measures taken to fight against the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Latest Stories

ad

Trending