Connect with us

News

Queen Elizabeth Gives Update On Her Health

Published

on

The Queen has reportedly told the Royal Family she is now “far better” and will able to host the traditional Christmas at Sandringham following her health scare.

Her Majesty, 95, has moved to reassure her family she is on the mend and “looking forward” to the festive family gathering at her Norfolk estate.

Fears over the Queen’s health were sparked in recent weeks after the monarch was forced to pull out of a number of engagements due to a back sprain. On the advice of her doctors, she has been resting at Windsor Castle after becoming injured almost two weeks ago.

Last month she spent a night in hospital for an unspecified condition.

This Christmas will be the first for The Queen after she lost her husband, Prince Philip in April. They had been married for 73 years before his death.

It is thought The Queen will travel to Sandringham around December 17.

Royal sources told The Mirror it was likely she would make a 50-minute helicopter journey from Windsor but added the traditional journey by train from London to Kings Lynn had not yet been ruled out.

Guests at Sandringham will include her son Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall as well as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children.

Prince Edward has also confirmed his attendance, along with his wife Sophie and their children, Louise and James.

Also expected to attend, is Princess Anne and her children Peter Philips and Zara Tindall.

An invitation is also said to have been given to Princess Beatrice, her husband Edo Mapelli Mozzi, and their newborn daughter Sienna, and to Princess Eugenie, her husband Jack Brooksbank, and their baby son August.

Sources also suggested Prince Andrew had “obviously” been invited.

It is thought to be “highly unlikely” Prince Harry and wife Meghan Markle will fly from California with their two children to attend although it is said they have been invited.

Last year, The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh spent Christmas alone in Windsor Castle due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

A source told The Mirror: “The Queen has told everyone she is feeling far better of late and is very much looking forward to welcoming them for Christmas.

“Like many other families, this will be the first time Her Majesty can gather with her extended family after being kept apart for so long due to the coronavirus pandemic.”

Royal fans will be eager to catch a glimpse of the royals all together at the Christmas Day service at St Mary Magdalene, a 16th-century church on the Sandringham property.

The Queen is reportedly “determined” to attend the service, along with the rest of the family, but will be driven to the church to save her walking the short distance.

The Queen has already carried out some light duties and yesterday held two virtual audiences via videolink, welcoming the High Commissioner for Nigeria, Sarafa Tunji Isola, and then the Ambassador of Malaysia, Zakri Jaafar.

Buckingham Palace said the Christmas plans were “a private affair”.

News

We’ll Campaign Like Jehovah Witnesses : NDC Nat’l Chairman

Published

on

NDC’s Samuel Ofosu-Ampofo has reiterated that his party will engage in gross house-to-house campaigning like the Jehovah Witnesses sect ahead of the 2024 polls.

He charged members of the NDC in the Ashanti Region to lead this campaign.

Mr Ofosu-Ampofo was speaking on Monday, January 24 at a townhall meeting organised by his party in Kumasi, the Ashanti Region capital.

Continue Reading

News

Claudio Ranieri Sacked By Watford

Published

on

Claudio Ranieri has been sacked by Watford after just over three months in charge, with the club lying 19th in the Premier League.

Ranieri has failed to turn around the team’s fortunes since being appointed in October, with the Hornets dropping into the Premier League relegation zone for the first time this season after Friday’s 3-0 home defeat to fellow strugglers Norwich.

Asked about his future after the loss to the Canaries, the former Leicester and Chelsea manager said: “I don’t go away. I want to continue because I am a fighter. I’ve never given up in my career.”

Under Ranieri, Watford have lost seven of their last eight league matches. Their most recent victory was the 4-1 defeat of Manchester United in November at Vicarage Road

Ranieri replaced Xisco Munoz, who took charge of Watford’s first seven Premier League matches during this campaign, winning two and losing four. Munoz had overseen the Hornets’ promotion to the top flight last season.

Ranieri’s first match in charge was the 5-0 thrashing by Liverpool at home on October 16, but he recorded his first win in his next game – a 5-2 victory at Everton.

But the 4-1 win over United proved to be Ranieri’s second and final victory as Watford manager. He lost 11 of his 14 matches in charge.

Continue Reading

News

Uniformed Suspect In Buipe Robbery Incident Not A Soldier : Ghana Armed Forces Says

Published

on

Investigations conducted by the Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) has revealed that the suspect wearing a military camouflage uniform arrested in a robbery incident at Buipe in the Savannah Region is not a recognised solder.

Police reports indicated that the five suspects, including the man posing as a military officer, were arrested after snatching a 2012 Toyota Camry vehicle from its owner at gunpoint in Tamale.

The police also retrieved a G3 rifle and a pistol, military uniforms, and voter ID cards.

But reacting to the matter, the Acting Director of Public Relations of the Ghana Armed Forces, Commander Andy La- Anyane, clarified that the suspect is not a soldier of the Ghana Armed Forces, and expressed worry about the increasing spate of impersonation by civilians.

“The attention of the Ghana Armed Forces has been drawn to several videos and pictures on various social media platforms of the arrest of a car snatching syndicate at Buipe alleged to have attacked and snatched a car from a victim at Tamale. In the said videos and pictures, one of the suspects is seen wearing a military camouflage uniform and has been described variously as a soldier of the Ghana Armed Forces.”

“We wish to state categorically that the suspect is not a soldier of the Ghana Armed Forces. The Armed Forces is worried about the rising spate of impersonation by civilians, either wearing military uniforms or posting of fake pictures of themselves as military officers to defraud unsuspecting Ghanaians.”

Commander Andy La- Anyane pinned the trend on the unauthorized sale of military uniforms and military pattern gadgets by some vendors, saying such action is inimical to national security.

The Ghana Armed Forces also assured of collaboration with the Ghana Police Service to unravel the source of the military uniforms in the incident and also stop the unauthorized sale of military uniforms across the country.

“Ghanaians should be confident to provide information to the security agencies in order to nip this trend in the bud.”

It further advised the public to be circumspect in dealing with persons who pose as military personnel.

“Please contact the Directorate of Public Relations on 0544338030 when in doubt.”

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending