Zinedine Zidane has returned as Real Madrid manager just 10 months after leaving the Spanish giants.
The Frenchman replaces Santiago Solari, who was in charge for less than five months.
Former Real midfielder Zidane, 46, who left in May after leading the club to a third straight Champions League trophy, has agreed to take over until 2022, the club announced.
Real are currently third in La Liga, 12 points behind leaders Barcelona.
Solari was sacked after a 4-1 win over Real Valladolid on Sunday – which followed a shock Champions League exit to Ajax.
That 4-1 home defeat and 5-3 aggregate loss to the Dutch side was the final straw for Real president Florentino Perez.
The defeat by Ajax followed two consecutive losses to Barcelona in El Clasico – a 1-0 reverse in La Liga and a 4-1 aggregate defeat in the Copa del Rey.
Zidane stepped down following the Champions League final victory over Liverpool, and Julen Lopetegui was hired as his successor just before the World Cup where he had been due to lead Spain, who promptly sacked him.
Four and a half months later it was Real’s turn to fire him.
Reserve-team boss Solari came in as caretaker before being given a contract to 2021 on 13 November.
“Real Madrid thanks Santiago Solari for his work done and the commitment and loyalty he has shown to what is his home,” the club said.
It added the former player had been offered another role with the club.
4 Regions To Be On Partial Lockdown Due To Coronavirus Rise In Ghana
Ghana’s caseload passed the 21, 000 marks on the 8th day of July 2020 as president Akufo-Addo addressed the nation lifting conditionally a raft of restrictions few days ago.
Schools resumed in mid-June, religious places reopened with strict conditions and the observance of health protocols. Social gatherings are to be allowed under certain conditions.
The address, the tenth by the president, also spelled out measures that the government was putting in place to curb the spread of the virus. “Consensus from stakeholder consultation recommends a phased approach to ease anti-Covid-19 restrictions,” he said.
Since we are attributed to news breaking and giving latest updates, four regions are said to be on lockdown following the rate at which these said regions keep recording higher cases as each day passes.
It is said that Greater Accra, Ashanti, Western and Central region might go on partial lockdown for the fact that these four regions mostly come first with the most recorded cases respectively.
As we speak now, Greater Accra leads all the all 16 with over 10,000 cases followed by the Ashanti region, Western and Central.
Although people find it difficult to cope with lockdown measure, the only option left now to put the deadly virus under control is to put the hotspot regions on lockdown partially as the Minister of Information recently hinted.
The Information Minister has said the reason for imposing the partial lockdown restrictions in the 4 regions was to carry out enhanced contact tracing and testing activities to determine the infection rate of Covid-19.
Meanwhile,it is not all confirmed that only four regions will be locked.
Hushpuppi’s Lawyer Reveals His Client Is A Real Estate Dealer
Hushpuppi’s lawyer, Gal Pissetzky has rubbished reports that his client is a fraudster.
According to him, the alleged fraudster does legitimate businesses including real estate.
The lawyer made this known when he spoke with Forbes News as uncertainty still lingers around his client.
In his submission, he said; “Absolutely not guilty of (the) charges they are accusing him of. He was running a legitimate business and a very legitimate Instagram account and did not take part in any scam or fraud.
He’s an entrepreneur. He has real estate involvement … (he’s) an Instagram personality. He was promoting brands and that’s how he was very legitimately making his money.”
Revealed: Mobile Money Fraudsters Now Target Bank Accounts Linked To MoMo Accounts
Mobile Money (MoMo) fraudsters have taken their nefarious activities a notch higher after it came to light that they now target MoMo wallets which have been synchronized with bank accounts.
This was brought to the fore by MTN Mobile Money executive, Mr Godwin Tamakloe who explained this in a zoom discussion with members of the Journalists for Business Advocacy (JBA), how the thieves operate.
He said the fraudsters often follow the same routine they use to dupe unsuspecting customers of their hard earn cash but this time around as they keep telling you about settings from the MTN office, they may lead you through some steps which in the end generates an ATM token for them which they use to empty all your money.
Mr. Tamakloe further assured Ghanaians that despite the rise in strategies being adopted by the criminals, MTN is committed to fighting the menace as they engage the police to fight these fraudsters.
This year, a total of 13 mobile money fraudsters have so far been arrested and there appears to be no let-up in the quest to nab more of them. MTN has requested that such fraudsters should be published in the media to serve as a deterrent to others. “Our management has written to the head of the police in that direction; we are still appealing to the police,” Mr Tamakloe disclosed.
Mobile money, which has become so popular after it was first introduced in Ghana by MTN in 2009, is an electronic wallet system linked to a mobile phone number. The service allows users to store, send, and receive money using their mobile phones. The service is operated by three major Mobile Network operators: MTN (MTN Mobile Money), AirtelTigo (AirtelTigo Mobile Money) and Vodafone (Vodafone Cash).
With mobile money, one can send and receive money safely, pay utility bills, TV subscription, buy movie tickets, buy airtime, withdraw cash at merchants’ points including ATMs, and pay for goods and services. Bank of Ghana’s Payment System Statistics on mobile money in Ghana revealed the constant growth of MoMo services.
Statistics about MoMo theft from the Director-General in charge of the Cybercrime Unit of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Dr. Gustav Herbert Yankson indicateS that in April 2019, mobile money operators recorded 388 money fraud cases in 2016 as against 278 in 2015.
“Various sums of money have been made away by the fraudsters; the majority of these cases have been reported to the police for further investigations and some have been successful as suspects have been tried and convicted of their fraudulent actions,” ACP Dr. Gustav Herbert Yankson had revealed in 2019 when he was creating awareness about the activities of the fraudsters.
He said victims of MoMo fraud had lost monies ranging from ¢70 to ¢4,000, describing their experience as unfortunate.
Trending This Week
- 4 Regions To Be On Partial Lockdown Due To Coronavirus Rise In Ghana July 9, 2020
- Akuapem Poloo Now Sleeps With Dogs For Money? : Instagram User Drops Serious Allegation July 9, 2020
- Hushpuppi’s Lawyer Reveals His Client Is A Real Estate Dealer July 9, 2020
- Revealed: Mobile Money Fraudsters Now Target Bank Accounts Linked To MoMo Accounts July 9, 2020
- Nigerian Singer King Nina Goes Naked From The Waist Up In New PHOTOS July 9, 2020
Watch2 days ago
Pregnant Woman Who Died And Was Buried Gives Birth In Her Grave | WATCH
Watch23 hours ago
DJ Cuppy Mistakenly Displays Her Private Part As Video Hits Online
News2 days ago
Police Raid Togolese Juju Man’s House And Find Over 5000 Dead Bodies And Skeletons | WATCH
Watch3 days ago
Ghanaian Female Susu Colletor Eats Client As Explicit Video Leaks
News3 days ago
‘Why I Killed Them’ : Rawlings Finally Opens Up On Execution of Former Heads of State, Others
Watch1 day ago
Young Man Caught On Tape Vomiting Money | WATCH
Photo News3 days ago
PHOTO Of Shatta Wale’s Huge ‘Cassava’ Popped Out In His Dress Causes Stir On Social Media
Lifestyle3 days ago
4 Reasons Why Cheating Happens Even In Happy Relationships