Connect with us

News

Residents Block Madina-Adentan Road As Car Knocks Down One More Person

Published

on

There is chaos on the main Madina-Adentan highway as residents have blocked the road after a speeding vehicle knocked down another pedestrian on that stretch.

Over a hundred people are said to have been knocked down on the stretch since the beginning of 2018 due to the lack of footbridges and faulty traffic lights.

Citi News’ Fred Djabanor reported that the lady who was knocked down on Thursday afternoon is believed to be a student of the West African Senior High School, WASS, who was returning home after school.

Djabanor said the residents, who were angered about the situation, blocked the road and burnt tyres to prevent any car from moving on that stretch.

“The police have started firing shots to disperse the protesters. The protesters are very angry because a few minutes ago a lady was knocked down by a speeding vehicle. They are angry because this has been happening for some time now. The protesters are not barging although the police fired warning shots in a bid to disperse the crowd,” he said.

Some of the protesters who spoke to Citi News said they are agitating because “we don’t want to allow this to happen again. This has been happening since Monday and we can’t be receiving the assurance that it shall be well and yet people are being knocked down every day.”

“If the government does not do anything about it, we are not going to allow anyone to use this road,” another protester said.

Fred Djabanor also said the protesters say they are not opening the road until something is done about the situation.

Background

the residents have been protesting the lack of footbridges on the road saying they will embark on a demonstration next week over the unavailability of footbridges on the highway.

There was some chaos on the Adenta-Oyarifa road last Friday evening as some residents of Adenta Barrier staged a demonstration to demand the construction of footbridges.

The protest was sparked after a resident was killed in a hit-and-run incident that same evening.

Another pedestrian knocked down by a speeding truck

A middle-aged woman was also feared dead after a KIA truck knocked her down at Fire Stone on the Madina – Adenta – Aburi Highway earlier this week.

The residents say they live in fear of being knocked down any time on the highway due to the absence of footbridges to ensure safe movement of pedestrians from one side to the other on the road.

The contractor for Madina-Adenta footbridges to resume work in 3 months – Boniface

The Member of Parliament for Madina, Alhaji Boniface Saddiq Abubakar, earlier this week said the Ministry of Roads and Highways is in talks with the contractor of the Madina-Adenta highway to return to the site and complete construction of the footbridges.

Saddiq Abubakar said the contractor will return to the site following the payment of arrears owed him.

“Apparently the contract was not canceled. But unfortunately, NDC was not dealing with the contractor because they were not making payments to the contractor and so he had to withdraw his services. But when we came back and started discussions, I took the matter to Cabinet when I was the minister for Inner Cities and Zongo Development. I had a series of discussions with the minister who has been helpful. Finally, it was accepted by the president in Cabinet that we must renew the contract and ensure that the contractor goes back to the site and completes the project,” he added in an interview on the Citi Breakfast Show on Tuesday.

Police deployed to maintain order on Adenta-Madina-Aburi road

The Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) of the Ghana Police Service, subsequently instructed the Greater Accra regional MTTD command to deploy more men to the Adenta-Madina-Aburi road to check over speeding and other road offenses.

Director General of the Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) of the Ghana Police Service, COP Christian Tetteh Yohuno, who was speaking at the opening ceremony of a ten-day training program for accident investigators and prosecutors made this known.

“We entreat the Regional Commander of the MTTD to position some men on that highway to check over speeding. At least that will be a temporary measure we can adopt now.”

Facebook Comments

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

Advertisement

News

Court Orders Asamoah Gyan To Remove Gifty Gyan’s Maiden Name Out Of Application

Published

on

Asamoah Gyan

The Accra Court where proceedings of marriage annulment are ongoing between Asamoah Gyan and his wife of 5 years and fiancée of 11 years has ordered skipper of the Black Stars, and his lawyers to go back and amend the name of his wife on his application for annulment of the marriage, MyNewsGh.com can report.

This was occasioned by the fact that Asamoah Gyan referred to his wife as ‘Gifty Oware’ (her maiden name) instead of ‘Gifty Gyan’, which the court found untenable, based on an argument submitted by Gifty Gyan’s lawyers who found it insulting for the couples more than 15 years stay together.

The court has since ordered Asamoah Gyan to go back and amend the document and refer to her as Gifty Gyan and wife.

Through the influence of his brother, Baffour Gyan, the footballer has also denied being the father of their three children and subsequently demanding a DNA test to be carried out on all three to ascertain if he is the father of the kids.

According to reports, the Kayserispor striker after filing for divorce in August, 2018 is currently making preparation to marry an Accra-based business woman, Nina Atalah once his marriage to Gifty is annulled by the court.

Nina Atalah who is an ex wife of jailed Jamaican act Buju Banton and has allegedly dated Stephen Appiah, John Dumelo, Ibrahim Mahama, among a host of high profile personalities was recently introduced as ‘wife’ of Asamoah Gyan at public appearances by the soccer superstar.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Otumfuo Has Inaugurated A New KNUST Governing Council And He Has Set Up 5-Member Probe Committee

Published

on

Chancellor of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has expressed sadness over the events that led to the school’s closure on Monday, October 22.

“It is a pain I do not bear likely,” he stated.

The Asantehene expressed this emotion on Tuesday when five new members of the Governing Council were sworn in at the Manhyia Palace.

The members – four to represent government and one to represent the National Council for Tertiary Education – were led by the Minister of Education, Dr Matthew Opoku Prempeh, to swear the oath of office.

Other members from the old Council representing other interest groups such as the University Teachers Association of Ghana (UTAG), however, remain unchanged.

Addressing the new members, Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II disclosed he will set up a five-member committee to launch a “full and transparent inquiry” into the incidents that resulted in the destruction of property estimated at GH¢1.7 million.

Though the immediate cause of the violent demonstration on Monday, October 22 was attributed to the heavy-handedness by the KNUST security, the remote cause has been pointed to the conversion of single-sex halls of residence into mixed halls.

The Chancellor says a plethora of allegations have been bandied about since he attempted to know the cause of the violence.

“Everybody will be allowed in an open and frank manner,” he assured regarding the probe that will be conducted by the five-member committee.

He noted that the committee will be headed by a judge and will be inaugurated in due course.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Sonnie Badu Receives A New S550 Mercedes Benz As Birthday After Selling His 7 Months Ago To Sow A Seed For His Church | WATCH

Published

on

Sonnie Badu

SONNIE BADU, Ghanaian-UK based gospel artist who recently announced his own church for people across the world to come and be blessed and have a feel of God celebrated his birthday.

As part of the celebrations, he was surprisingly gifted with a brand new S550 Mercedes Benz.

According to a close source, the gospel singer and church founder had sold his Mercedes Benz 7 months ago to show a great seed into his church for people to be blessed more.

According to the man of God who shared with us this testimony, he revealed that although he didnt have a car, he was obedient to God has he enjoyed his taxi and Uber rides to church.

Watch below.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

ads




Like Facebook Page

Trending

Trending

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Trending

Trending

Trending

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Trending This Week

Latest Stories

Trending