Connect with us

News

Sergio Ramos Has ‘Said Goodbye’ To Real Madrid After Rejecting Florentino Perez Offer

Published

on

Sergio Ramos ‘has said goodbye’ to Real Madrid ahead of a now inevitable free transfer this summer, according to one reports in Spain.

The 35-year-old has played for the Madrid giants since 2005 and has won it all. In almost 700 appearances, he’s lifted five La Liga titles and four Champions Leagues, and is hoping to add one more of each before the season is out.

Any trophies Ramos gets his hands on this season, however, may be his last in Madrid. He’s out of contract in the summer, and while it was previously reported that an agreement was close, doubts have crept in since the turn of the year.

https://twitter.com/90min_Football/status/1376907461819572224?s=20

ABC claimed in February that Real had set him a March deadline for signing a new contract, which included a two-year extension and a 10% pay cut. If that was the offer, though, it seems to have left Ramos bemused.

El Chiringuito’s Josep Pedrerol claims that things went south after Ramos sat down with Florentino Perez following their win over Atalanta last month.

https://twitter.com/elchiringuitotv/status/1382470796828901377?s=20

https://twitter.com/elchiringuitotv/status/1382470796828901377?s=20

Pedrerol’s dramatic claim ends by proclaiming that with this latest exchange Ramos has already ‘said goodbye’ to Real Madrid.

It will be a sad end to his career in the Spanish capital if the club captain does walk away for free, but he can have few regrets if he does. He scored his 100th goal for Los Blancos earlier this season, and will be remembered as one of their all-time greats.

He will have the chance to get his hands on a fifth Champions League after Real advanced past Liverpool to make the semi-finals, where they will face Chelsea.

Ramos played no part against the Reds due to injury but is expected to return in time for the semi-final first leg in two weeks.

News

Manchester City Captain, Fernandinho Agrees On New One-Year Deal with Brazilian Midfielder Set For His 10th Season With The Club

Published

on

Manchester City captain, Fernandinho has agreed on a new one-year contract with the Premier League champions.

The Brazilian international, 36, whose leadership played a pivotal role in reigniting City’s season will now spend his 10th season with the club

According to Jack Gaughan of the Mail, Fernandinho and Manchester City have reached an agreement over a one-year contract extension for the Brazilian midfielder.

Gaughan states that Fernandinho is viewed as an ‘invaluable member’ of Pep Guardiola’s first-team squad at Manchester City – which emphasises the club’s insistence on retaining his services beyond the summer.

The official confirmation of the contract extension will arrive before Manchester City begin their pre-season training ahead of the new campaign, with Guardiola’s side set to meet Barcelona in one fixture.

Continue Reading

News

PSG Superstar Neymar Left Out Of Brazil’s Tokyo Olympic Squad

Published

on

Neymar has been left out of Brazil’s squad for next month’s Olympics with a dramatic call up handed to his former Barcelona teammate , Dani Alves, 38.

Brazil confirmed their 18-man squad for the tournament and the world’s most expensive who scored the decisive penalty to earn the Samba Boys their first Olympic football gold medal five years ago wasn’t included in the final list.

Brazil’s team coordinator Branco said: “Neymar is a reference point for the senior national team but part of the reason why he is not in this squad is because he is playing at the Copa America.

“We would have liked to have had him.”

The Paris Saint-Germain forward is currently representing his country in the Copa America and scored their opener in the 3-0 win over Venezuela on Sunday.

BRAZIL OLYMPIC SQUAD

THE 18-man squad named by the Samba Boys for Tokyo:

Goalkeepers: Santos (Athletico PR), Brenno (Gremio)

Defenders: Dani Alves (Sao Paulo), Gabriel Menino (Palmeiras) Guilherme Arana (Atletico), Nino (Fluminense), Gabriel Magalhaes (Arsenal), Diego Carlos (Sevilla)

Midfielders: Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa), B. Guimaraes (Olympique Lyon), Matheus Henrique (Gremio), Gerson (Flamengo), Claudinho (Red Bull Braga)

Forwards: Malcom (FC Zenit), Antony (Ajax), Paulinho (Bayer Leverkusen), Matheus Cunha (Hertha Berlin), Pedro (Flamengo)

Continue Reading

News

Police Arrest Driver Who Knocked Down Woman And Dumped Her In A Bush To Die

Published

on

A driver who knocked down a 27-year-old teacher of De Youngsters School at Adenta with his vehicle and abandoned her to die in a bush at Abokobi has been arrested by the police.

The incident happened at the Adentan-Dodowa traffic intersection at about 7 p.m. on June 7, 2021.

The suspect, Emeka Adams, 42, was arrested nine days after he had allegedly knocked down the teacher with a Hyundai Sonata Saloon vehicle with registration number GB 2126-20.

The unlicensed driver has since been charged with murder.

Confirming the arrest, the Public Relations Officer of the Greater Accra Regional Police Command, DSP Mrs Effia Tenge, said after knocking down the teacher, the suspect picked her up under the pretext of taking her to a health facility for treatment.

However, she said police investigations showed that the suspect allegedly abandoned the teacher in a bush at Abokobi, instead of taking her to the hospital.

The body of the victim, she said, was later found in the bush at Abokobi and the police were informed. The police retrieved the body and conveyed it to the Police Hospital Morgue for autopsy and preservation.

Police intelligence, she said, led to the arrest of Adams last Wednesday and the vehicle was also found in his possession.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending