Connect with us

News

Tesla CEO, Elon Musk to countersue Twitter

Published

on

Elon Musk is reportedly filing his own countersuit against Twitter in an attempt to back out of his $44 billion acquisition of the social media giant.

According to the New York Post, Musk’s legal team is asking the Delaware Court of Chancery for more time and resources to build a case against fake accounts and “bots” on Twitter.

According to a court filing, Twitter accused Musk on Monday of attempting to’slow walk’ the company’s lawsuit to hold him accountable for his takeover and urged a September trial to ensure deal financing remains in place.

‘Millions of Twitter shares trade daily under a cloud of Musk-created doubt,’ the company wrote. ‘No public company of this size and scale has ever had to bear these uncertainties.’

Twitter has sued Musk and asked a Delaware judge to order him to complete the merger at the agreed price of $54.20 per share.

The company said if Musk is ordered to close the deal it could still take months of additional litigation to close the debt financing, which expires in April. For that reason, Twitter asked the judge to reject Musk’s proposal to hold the trial in February.

Musk, who is the world’s richest person and chief executive of electric carmaker Telsa Inc, accused San Francisco-based Twitter of rushing the trial to obscure the truth about spam accounts and to “railroad” him into buying the company.

The first hearing in Twitter’s original lawsuit will take place Tuesday in front of Delaware Court of Chancery Chancellor Kathaleen McCormick.

McCormick will likely rule on Twitter’s request for an expedited trial.

According to the Post, Twitter’s lawyers want the trial to start in September, while Musk’s team wants it to begin no earlier than February 2023.Musk’s countersuit will also be heard by Chancellor McCormick.

On July 8, Musk said he was terminating the deal because Twitter violated the agreement by failing to respond to requests for information regarding fake or spam accounts on the platform, which is fundamental to its business performance.

The billionaire appeared to respond to the suit in a tweet on Tuesday evening, writing: ‘Oh the irony lol.’

Twitter’s lawsuit argues: ‘Having mounted a public spectacle to put Twitter in play, and having proposed and then signed a seller-friendly merger agreement, Musk apparently believes that he – unlike every other party subject to Delaware contract law – is free to change his mind, trash the company, disrupt its operations, destroy stockholder value, and walk away.’

Twitter’s General Counsel Sean Edgett informed staff of the lawsuit in a company-wide memo on Tuesday afternoon.

‘We have also filed a motion for an expedited trial alongside the complaint, asking for the case to be heard in September, as it is critically important for this matter to be resolved quickly,’ Edgett wrote in the memo, according to the New York Times.

‘At this point, we anticipate the next step in the process will be for the court to set a schedule for the case,’ he added.

The lawsuit was a widely anticipated step after Musk last week announced his intent to pull out of the April 25 merger agreement, which specified penalties for backing out of the deal.

Those penalties included a $1 billion breakup fee, as well as the ability for the parties to enforce the contract in court, which Twitter officials had previously vowed to do.

Musk argues that Twitter has broken its contractual obligations by failing to disclose key information about fake accounts on the platform.

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Update: Benjamin Mendy tried to rape young woman after she got out of the shower at his ‘isolated’ mansion, court hears

Published

on

Manchester City star Benjamin Mendy tried to rape a woman after she got out of a shower at his mansion, a court was told today.

Brief details of the alleged attack were mentioned before proceedings were halted due to a faulty speaker.

Footballer Mendy, 28, was accused of being a ‘predator’ who showed ‘callous indifference’ yesterday.

He denies charges of eight counts of rape, one count of attempted rape, and one count of sexual assault.

His co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie – called ‘Saha’ during proceedings – denies eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault, relating to eight young women. The alleged offences span July 2012 to August last year.

Prosecutor Timothy Cray QC told the court this morning Mendy tried to rape a woman, now aged 29, after she showered in his Cheshire home in in October 2018.

Mr. Cray said she went to police in January this year after the £52m Premier League star’s name was published in the press in connection with other allegations.

The hearing today started with a few seconds of video recorded evidence from the first alleged victim, whose legs were seen shaking.

But the playback had to be halted because the judge was unable to hear it on the court speakers, with the case adjourned for an hour. It later became apparent it could not be fixed quickly and the jury was told to come back on Wednesday.

The court heard yesterday, allegations that Saha got young women in Manchester nightclub, Chinawhite, before taking them back to the star’s Cheshire mansion to be raped by the pair.

Some of the alleged victims claim they had their phones taken off them when they visited the sprawling and isolated mansion, and plied with alcohol in an attempt to make them comply.

Two others said they were locked in ‘panic rooms’ where they were attacked.

The pair – who cannot be named for legal reasons – said Mendy forced himself onto them in the master bedroom and the downstairs office.

Both of them had a special locking mechanism, which created a ‘panic room’ in case of burglary which can only be opened from the inside not the outside.

A person would have to know how to open the doors to these rooms from the inside, which meant the women believed they had been locked in.

Mendy, 28, is accused of being a ‘predator’ who showed ‘callous indifference’ and denies charges of eight counts of rape, one count of attempted rape and one count of sexual assault.

Saha, 40, has also entered not guilty pleas to all charges he faces which include eight counts of rape and four counts of sexual assault.

Mendy has played for Manchester City since 2017, when he joined from Monaco for a reported £52 million.

He was suspended by the club after being charged by police.

Continue Reading

News

Sergio Ramos ordered to step in as Kylian Mbappe and Neymar feud threatens dressing room

Published

on

Sergio Ramos was forced to step in to separate feuding pair Kylian Mbappe and Neymar in Paris Saint-Germain’s dressing room following their win over Montpellier.

The two attacking superstars fell out over the order of penalty takers in the team during the match, after Neymar did not allow Mbappe to take PSG’s second penalty of the game after the Frenchman had seen his first effort saved.

Tensions within the squad resurfaced both on and off the pitch, with Mbappe attempting – and failing – to take the ball off the Brazilian, who stepped up and scored from the spot. Both players scored from open play in the second half.

Despite Christophe Galtier’s side recording a 5-2 victory, the tensions between the two stars were not quelled. It is said by Le Parisien that their row continued into the dressing room, where experienced defender Ramos had to intervene between the pair.

It comes less than a month after reports surfaced that Lionel Messi and Mbappe are in ‘conflict’ over the future of teammate Neymar after the Frenchman supposedly raised concerns regarding the Brazilian’s lack of discipline and fondness of the Paris nightlife.

There is reportedly an element of rivalry between the two superstars at the Parc des Princes relating to the status of Neymar at the club while multiple reports last season outlined the depth of the dressing room split in France. A constant theme in recent years is that the PSG dressing room lacks discipline and meaningful leadership.

Continue Reading

News

Hearts of Oak seal deal to sign WAFA captain Konadu Yiadom

Published

on

Hearts of Oak have agreed personal terms with former WAFA captain Konadu Yiadom, according to GHANASoccernet.com.

This came after the player’s representatives reversed their decision to send him to league champions Asante Kotoko.

The Phobians have registered him for the season and the CAF Confederation, according to our source.

Early on Monday, his manager expressed his displeasure with Hearts for failing to meet his market price.

The Phobians were said to have some of the best prices on the market.

Yiadom joins Mohammed Alhassan, Caleb Amankwah, Enock Asubonteng, and goalkeeper Richmond Ayi as ex-WAFA players at Hearts of Oak.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending