We bring our readers up to speed with the details on why the now autonomous Kobla Jnr parted ways with Black Avenue Music recently after 3 years of working under the label.
- What defines the brand of Kobla Jnr?
His smooth, soothing but powerful vocals, his ability to draw inspiration from the Western and African musical influences, his looks which appeals to both genders of the young and old and the fact that he’s For the Gyal Dem lol.
- 2. How would you describe your relationship with D-Black?
My relationship with D-Black is really good. He’s like a big brother to me even though the age difference isn’t that much but I say Big Bro cause of his experience In the Music industry & also with the advice and support he’s given & showed me.
- How long have you known him unofficially?
Unofficially I’ve known him since he stepped in the scene in 2008. He worked with my brother and so I saw him sometimes but we weren’t that close like how I was with Kweku T, his music partner at the time.
- How long have you been signed unto his label?
- Did he introduce you into the industry?
I can say yes he played a major part in introducing me into the industry
- Has the Black Avenue Music label been able to meet your expectations as an artist?
I guess they did what they could
- What led to your departure from the label?
Time to move on. Life’s about growth. I just felt like it was time
- Is there any hope of returning to the label?
To work with them again one way or the other, yes definitely, but not to sign another contract
- Is yours a case of neglect, limited resources, mismanagement, extortion or is your brand bigger than the Black Avenue Music label?
There are a couple of elements. Like I said they did what they could. But I have faith in my brand and talent and I feel like it’s best I move out on my own so I can fully rely on God & myself to get me to where I want to be.
- Was there a quarrel or misunderstanding?
No. Nothing like that. I spoke to him and we had a little tete la tete on it. But I had my mind made up
- Are you coming out with your own label or you are open to other record labels or you want to go solo for now?
I’m doing my own thing for now. My fans need me to drop material and work on getting it everywhere so that’s what I’m going to do. So what I’m in need of now is an investor in case Ghanamusic.com is planning on investing in Kobla Jnr lol
- What’s next for Kobla Jnr?
This year I’ll be dropping singles. Then next year we’ll get an EP and Album from me but for now, I have a new Single coming out in June. This one has Pappy Kojo on in so I can boldly say my fans and music lovers are in for something awesome from Kobla Jnr.
- Will this affect the relationship you have with the owners, workers, and artists signed unto the label?
Not at all. I’m very cool with everyone affiliated to the label. No hard feelings at all. We love what we do. No hatred. It’s all love
Shatta Wale And Squad Began Pushing The Chairs; Shatta’s Bodyguard Pulled Out A Gun First Which Resulted Into Making Stonebwoy Also Do Same : An Inside Source Reveals
The 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards has come to a halt after a fight broke out on stage between the camp of Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale after the winner of the ‘Reggae/Dancehall Artist’ was announced.
According to a very close source eho witnessed everything that happened, the person made us know, Shatta Wale started pushing the chairs as he stormed the stage with his squad.
As he was getting to the stage, his [Shatta] bodyguard was pulling a gun which also resulted into Stonebwoy’s bodyguard also doing same.
Later, Stonebwoy was also noticed with a gun whereby he was pushed aside.
Many have given put their opinions about this issues as most say, Shatta Wale shouldn’t have than so.
Watch what transpired below.
— Azor Ahai (@Manny_Q) May 19, 2019
Mix Masta Garzy Shades Haters
Mix Masta Garzy, Ghanaian producer in a new post on Instagram has shaded his haters.
See his message to them below.
The Rock Featured In New Movie “Hobbs & Shaw”
The Rock, in an Instagram post has sharef with fans the final part of a new movie he has been featured on.
The movie’s titled is called “Hobbs & Shaw“.
View this post on Instagram
That’s a 100% official wrap on production for the beast known as HOBBS & SHAW. Broke out my ride to shoot a fun final touch for our movie. THANK YOU to my cast, director, producing partners, crew, studio and every company who has committed your time and talent to making such a cool, bad ass & fun movie. And most importantly, THANK YOU FANS WORLDWIDE who are fucking hyped to see our flick. I’m hyped too. Now, excuse while I go in this karaoke bar to find the bad guy I’m hunting down. Gonna sing him my favorite tune called UP YOUR ASS, GOES MY BOOT. It’s a beautiful song and he’s gonna love it. Love y’all, thanks for the support and see ya down the road. HOBBS & SHAW AUGUST 2ND 🌍 @hhgarcia41 📸
Like Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Trending This Week
- Shatta Wale And Squad Began Pushing The Chairs; Shatta’s Bodyguard Pulled Out A Gun First Which Resulted Into Making Stonebwoy Also Do Same : An Inside Source Reveals May 19, 2019
- Listen: Dominiq — Phone (Prod By Stacey Grind) May 19, 2019
- 2019 VGMAs : Full List Of Winners May 19, 2019
- Stage Fight Halts #VGMA20, Stonebwoy Pulls Out A Gun On Stage | WATCH May 19, 2019
- 2019 VGMA | LIVE STREAMING May 18, 2019
Hangout20 hours ago
2019 VGMA | LIVE STREAMING
Watch2 days ago
Sarkodie & Stonebwoy Arrives At Movenpick For The Artist Of The Decade Private Dinner | WATCH
Hangout20 hours ago
Efia Odo Goes Almost Naked For VGMA | WATCH
Hangout13 hours ago
2019 VGMAs : Full List Of Winners
Hangout21 hours ago
Colombian Rapper MC Dementor Arrives At The VGMA In A Wedding Dress | PHOTOS
Hangout16 hours ago
Stage Fight Halts #VGMA20, Stonebwoy Pulls Out A Gun On Stage | WATCH
Photo News21 hours ago
DJ Khaled’s “Fan Luv” Top iTunes | SEE
Media & Culture2 days ago
Meet Candice D; Her Past, Her Now And Her Future