Connect with us

News

Thierry Henry Appointed As Monaco Manager On Three-Year Deal

Published

on

Thierry Henry

Thierry Henry has been named as the new head coach at Monaco. The former Arsenal and France forward replace Leonardo Jardim, who was sacked by the Ligue 1 side on Thursday.

Henry started his career at Monaco and has been working as an assistant to the Belgium manager Roberto Martínez.

Henry has signed a deal until June 2021 and said on Monaco’s website: “I am very happy to come back to Monaco and extremely determined to meet the challenges ahead.”

Jardim had led Monaco to the French title in 2017. However, last year’s Ligue 1 runners-up have struggled this season, sitting 18th and with only one win in all competitions.

Henry will make his first steps into management after a reported switch to Bordeaux over the summer never materialized. “In the first place, I thank AS Monaco for giving me the opportunity to coach the team of this club so special to me,” Henry said. “I cannot wait to meet the players to start working together.”

Henry is set to officially take up his new role from Monday. He will be joined at the club by Valado Tralhao, the Under-23s coach at Benfica, and Patrick Kwame Ampadu, who had been working at the Arsenal Academy.

Monaco’s vice president and chief executive officer, Vadim Vasilyev, is confident the 41-year-old World Cup winner can make an impact in the dugout.

“His knowledge of football, his passion for the game, his high standards and his commitment to our colours make his nomination a reality,” Vasilyev said. “Thierry is both aware of the task ahead and eager to start his new job. He can count on our trust and all our support to bring a new dynamic to the team and carry out its mission.”

Henry helped Monaco win the French title in 1997, before joining Italian club Juventus in January 1999. The then winger was reunited with former manager Arsène Wenger when he moved to Arsenal some seven months later, going on to become an integral part of the Invincibles side and eventually the club-record goalscorer.

Henry joined Barcelona in 2007, winning the Champions League two years later, before a switch to the United States with the New York Red Bulls as well as a brief spell back at Arsenal.

The Frenchman had been initially doing some coaching with Arsenal while also taking on a lucrative pundit role with Sky Sports, which finished at the end of last season.

Henry was more recently part of the backroom staff in Belgium’s run to the semi-finals of the World Cup, where they finished third ahead of England and had been heavily linked with the manager’s job at Aston Villa before Dean Smith’s appointment at the Championship club.

Facebook Comments

Kubidyza is a Global Celebrity Blogger, Music Promoter and a Social Media Influencer | Most Influential Blogger In Ghana For Bookings: Kubinho80@gmail.com

News

Survivor Who Stabbed Abass Has Already Killed 2 People : Actor’s Girlfriend Alleges

Published

on

The question of the true identity of the man who has been accused of killing the late Kumawood actor, Abass Nurudeen, is finally receiving some answers as the girlfriend of the late actor has come to make some more revelations about him.

Nana Yaa, who was the girlfriend of the late Abass in an interview has revealed that Survivor, the man who is alleged to have killed Blinkz has already killed two people. The beautiful young lady, who is a promoter, receptionist and an actress to some extent stated that the Survivor killed these two people in the Zongo they all live in.

Nana Yaa adds that he (Survivor) has always walked out of these case freely because his mom claims that they have the means of making sure that the cases will be turned foolish in the police station every time.

She further reveals that Survivor’s mom has already started boasting that this particular one which has to do with Abass Nurudeen will also follow the same pattern and will definitely not yield any positive results.

This revelation and allegation of Nana Yaa, if true, is definitely a call on the Ghana Police Service and the Judicial system to see to it that justice will at the end be served for Abass and the others Survivor has allegedly killed.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Budget 2019: Government Acquires 200 Acres For Creative Arts village

Published

on

Ken Ofori-Atta

Ghana’s film industry will receive a massive boost in 2019 after the government announced a series of measures to revamp the sector in the 2019 budget.

The measures announced by the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta on Thursday in Parliament during his reading of the 2019 Budget and Economic Policy include the passing of a Legislative Instrument to establish a Secretariat for the National Film Authority as well as the construction of an “ultra-modern Film Production Studio”.

According to the Finance Minister, the Film Production Studio is expected to attract the international film community.

He further disclosed that the government has acquired 200 acres of land to support a village for the creative arts.

He also stated that the Creative Arts Industry Bill is now in Parliament for deliberation and passage into Law.

Mr Ofori-Atta said: “Mr Speaker, the Creative Arts Industry Bill is now in Parliament for deliberation and passage into Law. The Creative Arts Fund is incorporated in the Bill to ensure the economic viability of the Creative Arts Sector in the economy.

“In addition, Government in 2019, will pursue the passing of a Legislative Instrument to establish a Secretariat for the National Film Authority” and will also facilitate the construction of an ultra-modern Film Production Studio to attract the international film community.

“Mr Speaker, the government has also identified and acquired 200 acres of land to support a village for the creative arts”.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Michelle Obama On Why She Cried For 30 Minutes After Leaving The White House

Published

on

Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama reveals she “sobbed for 30 minutes” the day she left the White House in January 2017 — but not because she was sad to go.

In a conversation with Oprah Winfrey about the former first lady’s new memoir, Becoming, Mrs. Obama, 54, shared that she broke down crying on the Air Force jet right after she and her husband departed the inauguration of President Donald Trump — an anecdote she didn’t share in her book.

“When I got on the plane I think I sobbed for 30 minutes,” she said at Tuesday night’s event kicking off her book tour, according to USA Today. “And I think it was just the release of eight years of trying to do everything perfectly. I said to Barack, ‘That was so hard. What we just did that was so hard and I’ve wanted to say that for eight years.’ “

The mother of two continued, describing the people on stage during Trump’s 2017 inauguration:

“I saw sameness, and that was the first time it struck me that this is going to be different … And then I listened to the speech and said ‘This is going to be really different.’ “

She also joked that she felt like saying, “Bye, Felicia,” after she left the event.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

ads




Like Facebook Page

Trending

Trending

Follow me on Twitter

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Trending

Trending

Trending

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Made For You

Trending This Week

Latest Stories

Trending