Connect with us

Media & Culture

Travis Scott Hit With New $2billion Lawsuit On Behalf Of 282 Victims Of The Astroworld Tragedy

Published

on

A Texas attorney has filed a $2 billion lawsuit on behalf of 282 victims of the deadly Astroworld Festival adding to the legal woes faced by Travis Scott and other parties involved in the deadly event.

“The defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money off this event, and they still chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put attendees at risk,” San Antonio-based attorney Thomas Henry in a news release.

“My clients want to ensure the defendants are held responsible for their actions, and they want to send the message to all performers, event organizers, and promoters that what happened at Astroworld cannot happen again,” he added.

The lawsuit seeks up to $2 billion in damages from a long list of defendants, including Scott, Drake, event organizers Live Nation, Apple Music and NRG Stadium.

In an interview with Hollywood Life last week, Henry said his clients range in age from teens to 40.

“They have injuries ranging from heart attacks, to heart issues, to brain injuries, to spinal injuries, to broken bones, broken legs, eye injuries, internal organ injuries, bruising and bleeding,” the high-powered lawyer told the outlet.

In addition to the “severe physical injuries,” Henry said there is “just a whole calamity, emotional injuries that were suffered” as well.

“Those who were injured are still very traumatized because they had to step over dead bodies. They didn’t have a choice because there was nowhere to move. These people were trapped. The crushing effect was so heavy and so hard. They couldn’t breathe. They couldn’t get out,” he told Hollywood Life.

Henry said his law firm was focusing on Travis and Drake in attempts to get ahold of their cellphones.

“We already have started this process and are going to make sure that we get him and Drake’s cellphones because there are communication systems in play that will be in those cellphones,” he told the outlet.

“Every type of communication that he does, whether it be his audio, or his video, or his text messages, or his cellphone calls — we are going to make sure that they are all preserved,” Henry added.

The latest lawsuit comes on the heels of Houston attorney Tony Buzbee’s $750 million suit filed on behalf of 125 victims also against Scott, Drake, Live Nation, Epic Records, Apple Music, and other entities.

Among his clients is the family of 21-year-old Axel Acosta Avila, one of 10 people who died in the tragedy.

At least 140 lawsuits have been filed in the wake of the disaster, CNN reported, citing Harris County District Court records.

A spokesperson for Scott told Fox News Digital last week that he is still “actively exploring routes of connection” with families affected by the tragedy.

The deadly November 5 festival’s death toll rose to 10 last week when 9-year-old Ezra Blount passed away as a result of the injuries he suffered from the crowd surge and trampling.

Media & Culture

Kuami Eugene Intensifies His “Beef” With Mzvee

Published

on

For the past few weeks, Kuami Eugene and Mzvee have been trending in the news for obvious reasons.

Even though they have both negated the disturbing assertions that they are beefing lowkey but their recent comments signal otherwise.

Recall that Mzvee critically warned internet trolls and social media commentators to never compare Kuami Eugene to her because she does everything on her own whiles the rockstar is being spoon-fed by his label.

Kuami Eugene has replied to these harsh comments from Mzvee during an interview with celebrity and lifestyle blogger Ameyaw Debrah.

According to Kuami Eugene, he sees Mzvee as her big sister and senior colleague in the music industry but he deems her comments as very unfortunate.

Talking about why he doesn’t follow Mzvee on IG, the “Angela” hitmaker defended himself by quizzing why Mzvee also doesn’t follow him.

He also revealed that he will only follow MzVee on Instagram if she follows him on the app as well.

These fresh comments from Kuami Eugene cement the rumors that the two are not cool behind the scenes and both hold some form of bitter emotions towards each other.

Continue Reading

Media & Culture

”I Don Pass Who Dey Fear Heartbreak” : Tonto Dikeh Writes As She Reveals What She Is Scared Of Now

Published

on

Actress Tonto Dikeh says she is done being scared of heartbreak.

The mum of one in a post shared on her Instagram page, said what is now scared of his ”insufficient funds”.

”I don pass who Dey fear heartbreak,
Na insufficient funds I Dey fear now”she wrote

Continue Reading

Media & Culture

It Was Just For Hype : Joyce Boakye Claims After German Lover Allegedly Used And Dumped Her

Published

on

Joyce Boakye is back to the single girl’s club after her new boyfriend, who she recently showed off on social media, allegedly used and dumped her.

A few weeks ago, the controversial Kumawood actress shared lovey-dovey photos and videos of her cosying up to her lover. She however tried to hide his identity for reasons best known to her.

But not long did bloggers discover who the man in question was and exposed his identity as a certain Nana – a German borga tagged as a certified womaniser.

A woman named Adwoa subsequently popped up on social media to claim the man is her husband when she accused Joyce of being a husband snatcher as she bitterly called her out for wrecking her marriage.

After the expose, it appears the man has returned to Germany to be with his wife, leaving Joyce empty-handed in Ghana.

Joyce is now engaging in some massive damage control to redeem her image as a husband snatcher and homewrecker.

In a recent interview, Joyce claimed that all she was sharing the past few weeks about getting a new boyfriend was just a stunt to promote a new series she’s featured in.

Joyce Bokaye who refused to bury her head in shame after the accusations had hit back saying never snatched any man from her and will never wreck the matrimonial home of any lady.

According to Joyce Boakye in her rejoinder to Adwoa, she has never snatched any man from her and will never wreck the matrimonial home of any lady.

She went on to assert that, she only trying to save Nana from her abusive wife who might end his life if someone doesn’t intervene.

Joyce Bokaye blatantly advised wives to love and respect their husbands so that no other woman can snatch them from their roofs.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending