Connect with us

News

Trump Calls Mark Zuckerberg ‘A Criminal’

Published

on

Former President Donald Trump has defended U.S. Representative Jeff Fortenberry, following the Republican’s indictment for lying to federal authorities about a $30,000 campaign contribution.

A federal grand jury indicted Fortenberry on Tuesday October 19, after the lawmaker put out a defiant YouTube video featuring his wife and dog in front of a cornfield where he vowed to fight the charges.

The indictment charges the nine-term Republican with one count of ‘scheming to falsify and conceal material facts’ and two counts of making false statements to to the FBI, according to the Los Angeles US Attorney’s office.

The office said Fortenberry made the false statements to agents looking into illegal campaign contributions to his 2016 reelection effort.

According to the indictment, Lebanese-Nigerian billionaire Gilbert Chagoury, despite being a foreign national prohibited from donating to US candidates, ‘arranged’ for $30,000 in contributions to Fortenberry in 2016.

Chagoury entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with the U.S. Attorney’s Office in 2019 and admitted to providing illegal contributions to four American candidates.

The co-host of the Fortenberry 2016 fundraiser where the money came in, identified only as ‘Individual H,’ began cooperating with the feds in September 2016, telling agents about the illegal contributions.

H informed special agents about the third-party contributions and began working with federal authorities in September 2016. During the investigation, they examined whether the congressman received the funds and whether he knew about it.

In the spring of 2018, Fortenberry contacted the co-host to organize another fundraiser when the individual allegedly told him about the illegal campaign contributions provided by an associate of Chagoury.

The congressman is accused of making false and misleading statements to investigators during interviews about the funds despite being warned it’s a crime to lie to the federal government. Each of the three felonies Fortenberry’s faces carry a maximum penalty of five years in prison.

Trump who’s still banned from Facebook and Twitter, has now released a statement through his Save America PAC Tuesday night, defending Fortenberry hours after his indictment by a federal grand jury.

He stated that Mark Zuckerberg is a “criminal” for being allowed to spend $500 million and therefore able to change the course of a Presidential Election.

He wrote;

‘Isn’t it terrible that a Republican Congressman from Nebraska just got indicted for possibly telling some lies to investigators about campaign contributions, when half of the United States Congress lied about made up scams.

‘And when Mark Zuckerberg, in my opinion a criminal, is allowed to spend $500 million and therefore able to change the course of a Presidential Election, and nothing happens to them.

‘Comey lied, Schiff lied, Crooked Hillary lied, McCabe lied, the two lovers, Peter and Lisa, lied. They all lied having to do with Russia, Russia, Russia, because they knew it was a SCAM, and they all lied having to do with Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, because they knew it was a SCAM.

‘They made up fairy tales about me knowing how badly it would hurt the U.S.A.—and nothing happens to them. Is there no justice in our Country?’

Trump calls Mark Zuckerberg

Trump’s comments refer to a number of politicians and former government employees who he believes tried to undermine his presidency by speaking out against him.

News

Parliament Rejects 2022 Budget After NPP MPs Walked Out

Published

on

Parliament has rejected the 2022 Budget Statement and Economic Policy read in the House by the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, last week.

Members on the Majority side of Parliament staged a walkout on Friday, November 26, 2021, following a disagreement over a directive by the Speaker of Parliament, Alban Bagbin, for non-MPs to vacate the Chamber.

The Majority’s actions did not prevent the House from continuing with the business of the day as the budget received a rejection by solely NDC MPs.

The Majority MPs demanded that General Secretary of the NDC Johnson Asiedu Nketia who was seated in the public gallery leaves Parliament before they continue with the business of the House.

“Clearly, the No’s have it. The motion is accordingly lost,” the Speaker ruled.

Mr Asiedu Nketia ignored their request which infuriated the Majority MPs who walked out of the Chamber, leaving only members on the Minority side.

The Speaker of Parliament thus suspended the sitting for five minutes after which the business of the day proceeded.

A last-minute request by the Finance Minister to meet with the leadership of the House was turned down by MPs after the Speaker of Parliament announced that the ‘Nos’ had won the voice vote.

Continue Reading

News

Prempeh College Wins The 2021 National Science & Maths Quiz

Published

on

After months of intensive preparations, learning and competing with several schools Prempeh College has emerged as the winners for the 2021 edition of the National Science and Maths Quiz.

The Grand Finale of the NSMQ 2021 was held at the Great Hall of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology-KNUST.

Prempeh College beat their rivals Presec with an interval of 4 points, having total points of 53 points and for the second position school which is Presec ending the contest with 49 points, Keta SHTS placed third with 30 points.

This is the fifth time Prempeh College has managed to win this competition.

We say CONGRATULATIONS to Prempeh College.

Continue Reading

News

Jake Paul Claims Floyd Mayweather Tried To Get Him Assassinated In Miami

Published

on

YouTube personality-turned boxer, Jake Paul claimed undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather tried to have him assassinated earlier this year.

Paul and Mayweather were involved in a heated confrontation at a pre-fight press conference for the former world champion’s exhibition bout with his brother Logan Paul in June.

Mayweather had his hat stolen by Paul, who said “got ya hat” as he ran off, with a brawl ensuing backstage at the event afterward.

Paul then went on to mock Mayweather on social media, selling merchandise with the “got ya hat” phrase emblazoned upon it, and even got the phrase tattooed on his calf afterward.

Mayweather was incensed by Paul, with the 24-year-old now claiming that the retired boxer wanted to “kill” him due to the stunt.

Speaking on the FULL SEND podcast in September, Paul said: “He was trying to get me killed behind the scenes, for sure.

“He was calling, like, ‘the gangsters,’ because we were in Miami at the time. He was, like, calling the ‘street people,’ ’cause my security is tapped into the street people.

“They were like, ‘Yo, you guys gotta be f**king careful. He’s trying to do something.

“So, whatever the f**k that meant, or means… I was like, ‘Alright, if this is how I die, this is how I die.’”

No winner was declared when Mayweather fought his older brother in Miami in June, with the eight-round bout rounding off a card that also included Badou Jack.

Continue Reading

Latest Stories

The Daily

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Follow Us

Trending