The United States has identified the exact locations in Iran from which a combination of more than 20 drones and cruise missiles were launched against Saudi oil facilities over the weekend, a senior U.S. official told CBS News national security correspondent David Martin on Tuesday. The official said the locations are in southern Iran, at the northern end of the Persian Gulf.
Saudi Arabia’s air defenses have been aimed south for months, to protect against missile attacks launched by Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen, so they were useless against the missiles and drones coming in from the north, the official told Martin.
One of the missiles flew through Kuwait’s airspace and the U.S. is working with a number of other countries to analyze data on the attack, which could help make the case against Iran.
A U.S. team has been on the ground at the oil facilities and identified the specific types of drones and cruise missiles fired, Martin reported. The wreckage was moved to a facility outside the Saudi capital of Riyadh, where it will be used to make what one U.S. official called, “a very compelling forensic case” that Iran launched “a complex and coordinated attack” on Saudi Arabia.
In addition to the wreckage, the forensic case will include radar tracks reconstructed after the fact that show the cruise missiles and drones coming out of Iran.
U.S. officials have already blamed Iran for the attack, but President Trump has appeared this week to lower expectations of a U.S. military response. On Monday night, one day after tweeting that the U.S. was “locked and loaded” in response to the attack on Saudi Arabia, the president told supporters in New Mexico not to panic about oil supplies.
“Today, we got a lot of oil,” Mr. Trump said at his rally. “We got a lot of gas.”
“A few years ago, if we had a problem like you saw two days ago in the Middle East, we would’ve been in a panic,” the president added. “Although not if I were your president — we never panic.”
Earlier in the day, Mr. Trump stopped short of blaming Iran for the attacks on two Saudi oil plants, but he said the country was likely responsible.
“We want to find definitively who did this,” he said. “It certainly would look to most like it was Iran.”
The president’s Secretaries of State, Defense and Energy have all blamed Tehran in tweets. A Saudi Arabian military spokesman said the weapons were Iranian, but was unclear on where the attack originated.
All options appear to be on the table when it comes to Mr. Trump’s response. At one point, the president practiced restraint, claiming, “I don’t want war with anybody, I’m somebody who would like not to have war.” But he also kept open the possibility of U.S. military action, and even suggested a lethal retaliatory strike would be a proportionate response.
Former CIA acting director Michael Morell said the U.S. may have little choice. “It’s not only Iran that’s under pressure here, they can put pressure back on us,” he said. “We have to deter them.”
On Capitol Hill, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has requested a briefing for all House members on the attack on the Saudi facilities, and Democrats are urging caution on any next steps.
“I don’t think we need to be the protector of Saudi Arabia,” said Senator Tim Kaine, a Democrat from Virginia.
Mr. Trump has also announced that a team led by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo will head to Saudi Arabia, and said the U.S. is talking to other countries in the region as he decides how to respond. United Nations inspectors have also traveled to Saudi Arabia to investigate, while the U.S. works on declassifying information to share publicly.
Iran continues to deny any involvement, and the nation’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has ruled out talks with the U.S. at any level.
You Cheated On Me’ : Lady Calls Out Ned Nwoko After He Shared Regina Daniels Baby Bump Photo On IG
A lady has made a very damning allegation about popular Nollywood actress Regina Daniels’ husband, Ned Nwoko.
The lady identified as @dutchess_emmy accused Ned Nwoko of cheating on her and after breaking her heart, had to come out to publicly announce the pregnancy of Regina Daniels.
Dutchess_emmy made this allegation after Ned Nwoko shared a baby bump photo of her 6th wife, Regina Daniels where he officially stated that he and Regina is expecting their first child.
However, it appears the Instagram lady was in a serious relationship with the 64-year-old business mogul but their affair did not end up in marriage like how it happened for him and the Nigerian screen star.
Taking to the comment section of Ned Nwoko’s post, the jilted lady expressed shock at Ned Nwoko’s gesture.
‘Wow you cheated on me and you announcing this publicly @princenednwoko check your Whatsapp’.
Michael Jordan To Donate $100 million To Organizations Fighting For Racial Justice And Equality
Michael Jordan and Jordan Brand on Friday announced a $100 million donation to help the ongoing fight against racial injustice.
In a joint statement released by his manager Estee Portnoy, the basketball legend said that over the next 10 years, he and his brand will donate $100 million to “organizations dedicated to ensuring racial equality, social justice and greater access to education.”
“Jordan Brand is more than one man. It has always been a family,” the statement begins. “We represent a proud family that has overcome obstacles, fought against discrimination in communities worldwide and that works every day to erase the stain of racism and the damage of injustice.”
It continues, “The will, the work, the excellence the world has come to know is the result of one generation after another, pouring their dreams into the next. It’s 2020, and our family now includes anyone who aspires to our way of life. Yet as much as things have changed, the worst remains the same.”
“Black lives matter. This isn’t a controversial statement. Until the ingrained racism that allows our country’s institutions to fail is completely eradicated, we will remain committed to protecting and improving the lives of Black people,” they share.
Joint Statement from Michael Jordan & Jordan Brand regarding $100m donation. pic.twitter.com/yYXWh5eBZl
— Estee Portnoy (@esteep) June 5, 2020
In his previous statement on George Floyd’s death and the ongoing police brutality and racial injustice protests, the 57-year-old former Chicago Bulls great and owner of the Charlotte Hornets said he was “deeply saddened, truly pained and plain angry.”
“I stand with those who are calling out the ingrained racism and violence toward people of color in our country. We have had enough,” he said. “… We must listen to each other, show compassion and empathy and never turn our backs on senseless brutality. We need to continue peaceful expressions against injustice and demand accountability.”
African Al-Qaeda Chief, Abdelmalek Droukdel Has Been Killed Following A Seven-Year Manhunt
The leader of Al-Qaeda’s north Africa affiliate in the Islamic Maghreb has been killed in a French military operation following a seven-year hunt.
Abdelmalek Droukdel and members of his inner circle of the terrorist group were killed on Wednesday during an operation in Mali, where thousands of French troops have been deployed to battle the jihadist groups in the area.
French Defence Minister, Florence Parly made the announcement on Twitter last night.
She also confirmed that a senior Islamic State (IS) group commander, Mohamed el Mrabat was also captured in an operation back in May
“On June 3, French army forces with the support of their local partners, killed al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb’s emir, Abdelmalek Droukdel, and several of his closest collaborators, during an operation in northern Mali,”
A senior Islamic State (IS) group commander was also captured in an operation in May, Parly said.
“Our forces, in cooperation with their local partners … will continue to track these (people) down without respite,” she added.
Droukdel was believed to be hiding in the mountains of northern Algeria.
The AQIM group who have made millions of dollars abducting foreigners for ransom over the years operates across northern Mali, Niger, Mauritania, and Algeria.
According to the UN, Droukdel was an explosives expert and manufactured devices that killed hundreds of civilians in attacks on public places. He was sentenced to death in Algeria in 2013 for his involvement in the bombings of a government building and offices of the UN’s refugee committee in Algiers that killed 26 people and wounded 177.
Trending This Week
- Blow My Mind Song Is About My Life : D’Praise June 6, 2020
- I’m The Next Joe Mettle : D’Praise June 6, 2020
- Powerful Nana Aba Anamoah Offers Fired EC Boss New Job As A TV Presenter June 6, 2020
- You Cheated On Me’ : Lady Calls Out Ned Nwoko After He Shared Regina Daniels Baby Bump Photo On IG June 6, 2020
- This Is How Simi Met Her Soul Mate June 6, 2020
Watch3 days ago
Explicit Video Of Ronaldinho Leaks | WATCH
Watch1 day ago
SHS Gets Her Explicit Video To Boyfriend Leaked | WATCH
Watch17 hours ago
Desperate Times Demands Desperate Means : Nana Aba Recruits More Slay Queens To Bring GhOne TV To Life | WATCH
News2 days ago
WATCH The Emotional Moment American Protesters Sing Burna Boy’s ‘Ye’ Song As They March For George Floyd
Watch2 days ago
Explicit Video Of A Girl Unclothed Been Carried By Her Boyfriend Leaks On Whatsapp | WATCH
News3 days ago
Kennedy Agyapong Drops A Full List Of Pastors Who Begged Him Not To Expose Them
Photo News1 day ago
Leaked PHOTOS Of Araba Of C Poly Hits Online
News2 days ago
Female Senator Goes Half-Naked During Government Zoom Meeting