Connect with us

Published

on

The wife of Zimbabwe’s Vice President Constantino Chiwenga, Marry Mubaiwa was on Monday January 6 granted bail by a High Court after being arraigned on charges of fraud, money laundering and attempted murder of her husband.

38-year-old Marry who was granted bail of 50,000 Zimbabwe dollars by the court which also ordered her to surrender her diplomatic passport, was arrested in December 2019 on allegations of attempted murder, fraud and contravening the country’s exchange control laws by transferring about $1m abroad.

Zimbabwe Vice President?s wife freed on bail after being accused of attempting to kill her husband

The businesswoman and former model who is due for a routine pretrial appearance on January 14, was previously married to a national football player. She is also expected to report to the police twice weekly.

Zimbabwe Vice President?s wife freed on bail after being accused of attempting to kill her husband

Facebook Comments

News

Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Is Remarkable : United Nations

Published

on

United Nations

The United Nations has praised Nigeria for it’s handling of the Coronavirus pandemic.

Nigeria, Africa’s most populated country with an estimated 200 million inhabitants, currently has 190 cases of COVID-19 but has managed to keep the death toll to just two.

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, while speaking at a virtual news briefing in New York, referred to Nigeria as a ‘developing country’ that has “shown a remarkable capacity to respond to the coronavirus.”

“I have to say this; some of these developing countries have shown a remarkable capacity to respond.

“I was quite impressed to see, for instance, Nigeria putting in place and immediately establishing a hospital. “And I saw difficulties in countries that are much more developed to do quickly the same.”

He also renewed his call for a global ceasefire, urging countries in conflict like Syria, Libya and Yemen to lay down arms and allow for a unified combat against the coronavirus pandemic.

“The worst is yet to come,” Guterres said, referring to countries beset with fighting.

“The COVID-19 storm is now coming to all these theatres of conflict.”
“The virus has shown how swiftly it can move across borders, devastate countries and upend lives.”

“But there is a huge distance between declarations and deeds — between translating words into peace on the ground and in the lives of people,” Guterres said.

“In many of the most critical situations, we have seen no let-up in fighting — and some conflicts have even intensified.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Football Will Be Different After Coronavirus Saga : FIFA President Infantino

Published

on

FIFA President Infantino

FIFA President Gianni Infantino has revealed that football will be totally diffferent once the Coronavirus Pandemic ends.

Football cross the world has been badly hit by the virus, with football leagues across Europe, Asia,South America, North America and even Africa put on hold to prevent the spread of the disease.

Money spinning competitions like the Euros, Champions and Europa League and even the Olympics have been postponed due to the virus with major clubs forcing their players to take a pay cut during this period to prevent clubs from shutting down over losses incurred during this period of no football.

And Infantino, FIFA’s president says football will change when it restarts.

“Football will come back, and when it does, we’ll celebrate coming out of a nightmare together,”Infantino told the Italian news agency ANSA in an interview.

“There is one lesson, however, that both you and me must have understood: the football that will come after the virus will be totally different (more) inclusive, more social and more supportive, connected to the individual countries and at the same time more global, less arrogant and more welcoming.”

He added: “We will be better, more human and more attentive to true values.”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Coronavirus: Anthony Joshua Postpones His June World Title Defence Against Kubrat Pulev

Published

on

Anthony Joshua

British- Nigerian boxer Anthony Joshua’s World heavyweight title defence against Kubrat Pulev, scheduled for June 20, has been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Two Time heavyweight champion, Joshua, who hasn’t fought in UK for two years was set to face Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, but now those plans have been shelved as both parties work to get a new date probably around August when it is hoped Coronavirus would have stopped.

“We’re speaking to Tottenham, we’ve postponed the 20th date,” Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports on Friday.

Coronavirus: Anthony Joshua postpones his June world title defence against Kubrat Pulev?

“We are working with them for dates in July and early August as well, when we hope we’ll be back.

“Hopefully we see that fight take place at the end of the summer.”

Bulgarian Pulev is the IBF mandatory challenger for Joshua, who also holds the WBA ‘super’ and WBO titles.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

ads




Like Facebook Page

Trending

Follow me on Twitter

Trending

Trending

DJ FortuneDJ — B.A.D Influence (Full Album)

Trending

Trending

Trending This Week

Latest Stories

Trending