Connect with us

News

Wuhan Coronavirus: China Sued For $20 Trillion In Damages | WATCH

Published

on

A conservative lawyer has filed a class-action lawsuit against China for the coronavirus pandemic, pushing an unsubstantiated claim that the Chinese government developed the virus as an illegal biological weapon to unleash on the world.

Lawyer Larry Klayman and his group Freedom Watch filed the complaint in federal court in Texas seeking at least $20 trillion from the Chinese government because of its “callous and reckless indifference and malicious acts.”

Researchers and public health experts have repeatedly shot down the conspiracy theory that the coronavirus was man-made, with studies showing it originated as an animal virus that eventually jumped to humans. Nonetheless, the claim has gained traction on the right, with conservative media figures seizing upon it to advocate for a more aggressive U.S. posture toward China.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Klayman, Freedom Watch and Buzz Photos, a Texas company that specializes in high school sports photography. Klayman said the school closures and sports cancellations have led Buzz Photos to close and brought it to the brink of bankruptcy. According to the lawsuit, the company lost roughly $50,000 last weekend alone and has been forced to lay off workers.

“There is no reason why the American taxpayer should, contrary to the establishment in Washington, D.C., have to pay for the tremendous harm caused by the Chinese government,” Klayman said in a statement. “The Chinese people are a good people, but their government is not and it must be made to pay dearly.”

The lawsuit claims that this variation of the coronavirus was created by the Chinese government as a biological weapon and released by the Wuhan Institute of Virology, located in Wuhan, China, where the coronavirus outbreak originated.

“Although it appears that the COVID-19 virus was released at an unplanned, unexpected time, it was prepared and stockpiled as a biological weapon to be used against China’s perceived enemies, including by not limited to the people of the United States,” the complaint states.

A former federal prosecutor, Klayman founded conservative legal group Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch. He is representing George Zimmerman in a $100 million lawsuit against Trayvon Martin’s family, prosecutors and others, and conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi in a suit against longtime Trump ally Roger Stone.

While the coronavirus outbreak originated in China, it has since spread to more than 150 countries. In the U.S., the number of reported cases has topped 9,400 and the death toll is 152.

States and the federal government have taken steps designed to limit the number of new cases, including by closing schools, cancelling large gatherings and ordering restaurants, bars and theaters to shutter. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has also recommended gatherings be restricted to no more than 10 people.

To combat the economic effects of the coronavirus, President Trump signed into law earlier this month an $8.3 billion package to assist with the government’s response. On Wednesday, he signed a coronavirus relief measure that provides free testing and paid leave for certain workers.

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill are now working on a third package that could provide cash payments to Americans, small business loans and assistance to the airlines and other affected industries.

The Trump administration has sought to link the coronavirus to China, arguing the Chinese government covered up the outbreak and silenced doctors who tried to sound the alarm. Mr. Trump has called it the “Chinese virus” and Republican lawmakers have referred to it as the “Wuhan virus.”

“China tried to say at one point — maybe they stopped now — that it was caused by American soldiers,” Mr. Trump told reporters yesterday when asked why he calls the coronavirus the “Chinese virus.” “That can’t happen. It’s not going to happen, not as long as I’m president. It comes from China.”

Facebook Comments

News

Finally! Manchester United Officially Confirm Odion Ighalo’s Loan Deal Has Been Extended Until January 2021

Published

on

Manchester United have officially confirmed that Odion Ighalo’s loan deal has been extended until January 31, 2021 after they reached an agreement with his parent club, Shanghai Shenhua.

In a statement, the club said: ‘Manchester United have reached agreement with Shanghai Greenland Shenhua to extend the loan deal for Odion Ighalo.

The Nigerian striker’s stay was initially due to end on 31 May but he will now remain with the Reds until 31 January 2021, enabling him to build on an impressive start to life with the club he supported as a boy.

Ighalo’s tally of four goals in eight appearances so far includes at least one strike in each of his three starts – against Club Brugge, Derby County (2) and LASK.

Today’s confirmation is a timely boost for United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, as he continues to prepare his squad for this month’s resumption of competitive football.’

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also thanked Shanghai Shenhua for allowing the 30-year-old to remain in Manchester longer than previously agreed.

“They [Shanghai Greenland Shenhua] have been great towards us, allowing him to play for his dream club,” Solskjaer said.

“It’s been a dream for him and hopefully he can finish what he started and win a trophy with us.”

Odion Ighalo, who signed for Manchester United on a short-term loan deal from Shanghai Shenhua back in January transfer window, has scored four times in eight appearances in all competitions before the suspension of the Premier League.

Congrats Ighalo…

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

11 Men Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old

Published

on

The Police Command in Jigawa State has arrested and placed in its custody 11 men who allegedly raped a 12-year-old girl.

According to the source, the men were arrested last Saturday 30th May 2020 after the police received a complaint of one of the suspects who is 57-years-old being seen trying to lure the girl.

After his arrest, the girl listed the names of all men in the community that have had sex with her at different times and occasions.

Abdu Jinjiri who is the state police spokesperson said: “A CASE OF RAPE IS BEING INVESTIGATED AT THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT (CID) IN DUTSE, SEQUEL TO A REPORT RECEIVED BY THE POLICE THAT A 57-YEAR-OLD MAN OF MA’AI VILLAGE, DUTSE LGA WAS SEEN AT LIMAWA MARKET TRYING TO LURE A 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL OF THE SAME ADDRESS, TO A SECLUSION SO AS TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH HER.

“AND TO THIS END, THE POLICE ARRESTED THE LISTED SUSPECTS.”

He concluded that the 11 suspects would soon be arraigned and processed to court.

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

News

Duncan Williams Son Calls For Hook Up From Slay Queens

Published

on

The son of renowned Ghanaian preacher Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams, known as Daniel who is considered to be the ‘black sheep’ of the family has called on slay queens who are interested in hookups.

According to the wayward son of the preacher, he is flying down to Ghana next week and is ready to make some ladies spend his fresh dollars.

He posted: “Hello all my beautiful Ghanaian queens and Goddesses.. papi the obroni 1 is coming home to gh next week so if you would like to spend my fresh dollars my dear pls dm me now cause availability is going swiftly.. god bless you my breasted angels ????”

Facebook Comments
Continue Reading

Trending